Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115156575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1232
    Well, I've had nothing but problems with GoodLink on my Sprint Treo 650. I have 1.12 FW and GL 4.5 and for as long as I can remember GL would cause fatal errors, reboots, and other lovely little phone tricks. Even though my work encourages its usage and on every Cingular phone it seems to work fine, I resorted to NOT using it at all just to have some cell phone stability. Afterall, I need to be able to receive phone calls.

After becoming sick of it, and not being able to use GL for months, I called Sprint and convinved them to send me a replacement Treo. First thing I noticed was the 'new' Sprint logo (post Nextel acquisition) logo on the top left corner versus the old Sprint logo. Low and behold - my IT dept re-installed Gl on the phone after working with Sprint to switch over my number and GL has been running stable for over 48 hrs. Thats amazing considering before I either got immediate fatal errors or after about 5 minutes of running GL, the phone reset itself.

I'm not sure what is different about the two Treo's but I'm a happy camper with GL again (they are both HW ver A).
    I was wondering when using the GoodLink Calendar, can I mask a new appointment as private created using the treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverY
    I was wondering when using the GoodLink Calendar, can I mask a new appointment as private created using the treo?
    No..

It was a feature request that was submitted a while back by somebody but I'm running the latest version (4.7) and it doesnt look like its been added
    Goodguy,

I own my treo 650 and have been running Goodlink to our corporate Exchange server since day one of my 650. I recently became aware that corporations can spy on a users Treo650 and basically copy and/or see anything that's on it. I am also unhappy as to how Goodlink monopolizes the resources of the Treo to virtually turn it into a Blackberry.

I am planning on removing Goodlink shortly and moving to a different solution that is a lot less resource intensive. Once Goodlink is removed, are companies still able to see personal info on the Treo even though Goodlink has been removed?

I'm assuming they still can as they have access to the IMEI number.

I assume the only way to remove this access is to get a new GSM sim card. Am I correct?

Thanks....
  5.    #1205  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh
    Goodguy,

I own my treo 650 and have been running Goodlink to our corporate Exchange server since day one of my 650. I recently became aware that corporations can spy on a users Treo650 and basically copy and/or see anything that's on it. I am also unhappy as to how Goodlink monopolizes the resources of the Treo to virtually turn it into a Blackberry.

I am planning on removing Goodlink shortly and moving to a different solution that is a lot less resource intensive. Once Goodlink is removed, are companies still able to see personal info on the Treo even though Goodlink has been removed?

I'm assuming they still can as they have access to the IMEI number.

I assume the only way to remove this access is to get a new GSM sim card. Am I correct?

Thanks....
    With GoodLink only, corporations cannot see what is on the Treo. If they utilize Good Mobile Defense (not yet shipping), they will be able to monitor the applications that are installed on the device.

To completely remove GL, you do not need a new SIM card, however, a hard reset is required.

As for other solutions having access to the see what is on or not on the device, I don't know.
    I searched and could not find this answer, also not listed in shadowmites lists or on the wiki.

Can goodlink be added to a custom ROM? I am looking into trimming down the ROM and getting rid of some of the default applications and figured I would ask. Shame there is no way to run GoodLink from a card.
    Quote Originally Posted by A@ron
    I searched and could not find this answer, also not listed in shadowmites lists or on the wiki.

Can goodlink be added to a custom ROM?
    Nope, cannot be run from ROM.
    For someone running Goodlink on a Treo 650, what is new in version 4.7 over version 4.5? I know that 4.7 adds support for windows mobile devices, but for a Treo 650, what is the difference?

-Jeff
  9.    #1209  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRichardson
    For someone running Goodlink on a Treo 650, what is new in version 4.7 over version 4.5? I know that 4.7 adds support for windows mobile devices, but for a Treo 650, what is the difference?

-Jeff
    Only difference the end user will see is the buttons that said Done, Reply All, Forward and Delete now say Done, Reply, Reply All and Delete. A couple other things were also fixed. You can see the release notes at http://www.good.com/documentation/release_notes.pdf
    will good run on a symbian OS like the panasonic x800? i think the OS version is 7.0s series 60 v2.0 UI
    ...is it possible that with GoodLink (4.5.0.65) you cannot search for text in Notes? I've got 100s of Notes I cannot sort or search. This can't really be possible. I must be missing something way obvious.
  12.    #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    will good run on a symbian OS like the panasonic x800? i think the OS version is 7.0s series 60 v2.0 UI
    We have announced support for the new Nokia E61, which will be running OS 9.1. I don't see us supporting older versions of the OS, though nothing is cast in stone.
  13.    #1213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_108
    ...is it possible that with GoodLink (4.5.0.65) you cannot search for text in Notes? I've got 100s of Notes I cannot sort or search. This can't really be possible. I must be missing something way obvious.
    That is correct. This is not a feature within GoodLink.
    Is there a way to switch the reply all button and the reply menu option. To me it would make more sense if they were flipped. Thanks!
  15.    #1215  
    Quote Originally Posted by A@ron
    Is there a way to switch the reply all button and the reply menu option. To me it would make more sense if they were flipped. Thanks!
    The latest release, 4.7, has changed the buttons on the screen to Done, Reply, Reply All and Delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    That is correct. This is not a feature within GoodLink.
    You cannot be serious! This was a feature available on Palm devices 8 years ago with 1/100th the power of what we use today. GoodLink can't put out a patch or a new version with a simple Find or Search feature? Did they forget? There wasn't enough memory for the search function? The didn't think anyone would need to look through their Notes? I'm flumixed!

We have announced support for the new Nokia E61, which will be running OS 9.1. I don't see us supporting older versions of the OS, though nothing is cast in stone.
    so is this more of a hardware thing where it will only run on nokia e61 or is it an OS version thing, where it will only run on 9.1 or higher? thanks...
  18.    #1218  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    so is this more of a hardware thing where it will only run on nokia e61 or is it an OS version thing, where it will only run on 9.1 or higher? thanks...
    Good question. We have only announced on the E61, not the OS, so I can't say.
    Is there any way to have my goodlink calendar info automatically added to the built-in Treo calendar. I would love a little treo-based app to handle this.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    The latest release, 4.7, has changed the buttons on the screen to Done, Reply, Reply All and Delete.
    Thanks! I'm at software version 4.5 so I will have to update. Do the IT people update it or is there a way for an end user to do an OTA update?