Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1232
  1.    #1161  
    Quote Originally Posted by paolotto
    Thanks, GoodGuy - looking forward to that.

A suggestion - GoodLink installation should include the option of moving the Docs2Go apps to the card (i.e. bundling the functionality of the DataViz TechTool - http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13395&pid=2000 ). Otherwise GoodLink gets blamed for being much more of a memory hog than it is. I don't think most GoodLink users are aware that they can clear up a lot of RAM by running the Dataviz utility. As a short-term solution you might want to advertise the tool on the GoodLink website.

Thanks again.
    I have posted that in as many places as possible and is always the first thing I ask when people have memory issues. I will pass the suggestion along to our web group.

Thanks!
    fyi...it looks like the techtool is built into the docs2go application in V8 (instead of being an unadverstised extra application as it is now)
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm confused... Docs to Go is included with Good? Is this a different version than comes for free with the 650? Do I just ask my sysadmin for it? Where have I been?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  4.    #1164  
    We include the read only version of Docs2Go with the GoodLink server download. Same version you can download and the same version that comes on the CD with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    We include the read only version of Docs2Go with the GoodLink server download. Same version you can download and the same version that comes on the CD with the 650.
    how do I get it if our Exchange server (and therefore our Good service) is hosted? What do I need to ask for?
  6. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Target date is still about a week out, but nothing in stone.

Just wondering whether anyone has further info regarding the release date for Goodlink 4.7. I am using a T650 and a PPC-6700. The 6700 can't use the older versions of Good so I am anxious to test the new version. My compnay's Good rep told me (back on 10/31) that the "Production release was set for mid-November"...anyone have any more recent news on the update?

Any scoop on when 4.7 will be released GoodGuy??
    Last edited by OJM; 11/15/2005 at 12:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add a specific question
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
  7.    #1167  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    how do I get it if our Exchange server (and therefore our Good service) is hosted? What do I need to ask for?
    I would check with your hosting provider when we release it out.
  8. OJM
    I am very sorry to report that it looks like Good will not be supporting the PPC 6700, the first WM 5.0 device released. Could the Treo 700W be next? Hope not - but I just got word from my company's Good liaison stating:

"Bad news...Good will not be supporting the PPC 6700. As it is not "officiali", I was not given any more information. A press release of some sort will be given "soon". Not sure if good will never support it or that they won't support it in the 4,7update next week. I'll let you know when I know. I believe that this may be the end game for the 6700 as Good recently removed the 6700 from its PPC products page (the old page can be found by googling "goodlink ppc-6700' and viewing the cached version)."

Not sure about how this effects the 700W - but I am livid. I have both a 650 and PPC6700. Good and Sprint marketed the 6700 as being Good compatible. This really makes me angry Good was so quick to say that they would support WM 5.0 and the 6700 specifically - then the first device that is released (and i own) is not supported. This would kill device choices for those who only have access to our corporate email via Goodlink.

Hope this is all untrue - any reaction GoodGuy? Please say it isn't so...
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    I found that I had to disable goodlink before I could install DTG 8.0
    I was actually asking about how I could get it today, on the current version. I have never been able to use the Docs2Go software once I got Goodlink - and my contacts to customer service have gone unreturned.

I just need to know what files I need to download to get the software - WITHOUT removing Goodlink or re-installing, etc.
    I was actually asking about how I could get it today, on the current version. I have never been able to use the Docs2Go software once I got Goodlink - and my contacts to customer service have gone unreturned.

I just need to know what files I need to download to get the software - WITHOUT removing Goodlink or re-installing, etc.
    hmm...I've never had an issue installing (or running) d2g (v7.006) with good (V4.0.3.6). I've done it numerous times for several people without issue. I've always started with Goodlink (either fresh install or from a backup) and then install of docs2go (v7.006) and everything works fine (I use datatechviz to move d2g to my SD Card)
  12.    #1172  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    I am very sorry to report that it looks like Good will not be supporting the PPC 6700, the first WM 5.0 device released. Could the Treo 700W be next? Hope not - but I just got word from my company's Good liaison stating:

"Bad news...Good will not be supporting the PPC 6700. As it is not "officiali", I was not given any more information. A press release of some sort will be given "soon". Not sure if good will never support it or that they won't support it in the 4,7update next week. I'll let you know when I know. I believe that this may be the end game for the 6700 as Good recently removed the 6700 from its PPC products page (the old page can be found by googling "goodlink ppc-6700' and viewing the cached version)."

Not sure about how this effects the 700W - but I am livid. I have both a 650 and PPC6700. Good and Sprint marketed the 6700 as being Good compatible. This really makes me angry Good was so quick to say that they would support WM 5.0 and the 6700 specifically - then the first device that is released (and i own) is not supported. This would kill device choices for those who only have access to our corporate email via Goodlink.

Hope this is all untrue - any reaction GoodGuy? Please say it isn't so...
    Being this a Treo forum, I won't be responding.

Kidding.

Here is the scoop:

We are going to be releasing 4.7 in the next couple of weeks. However, we will not be intially certfying GoodLink on the 6700 There are issues that we have seen with the device that occur with and without GoodLink installed. These issues are not effecting all users, but enough to where Sprint and Good do not feel comfortable certifying the device upon release of 4.7. We are working with the manufacturer and Sprint to get these issues worked out. A ROM update is due, from what I have heard, in Jan that, hopefully, will address these concerns.

The bottom line: We have every intention of supporting the device, however Sprint and Good have decided together not to initially support the device with the new released of 4.7. 6700 users will be able to download and install 4.7, but neither Good nor Sprint will be supporting the 6700 with this release.

I apologize for the news, but you can be sure I am just as disappointed as anyone with this.

Being that this is a non-Treo specific release, please either email or PM me with any other questions as it relates to the 6700. Not trying to dodge or avoid interaction, but I don't think that a public forum that is dedicated to the Treo is the place for this issue.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    hmm...I've never had an issue installing (or running) d2g (v7.006) with good (V4.0.3.6). I've done it numerous times for several people without issue. I've always started with Goodlink (either fresh install or from a backup) and then install of docs2go (v7.006) and everything works fine (I use datatechviz to move d2g to my SD Card)
    Okay, something must have gone wrong with my initial install. Where do I go to get docs2go to install it?

thanks
  14.    #1174  
    Okay, something must have gone wrong with my initial install. Where do I go to get docs2go to install it?

thanks
    Your GoodLink admin can push it to you. It is also on the CD that came with the 650.
    Similar to above, am getting the error below when:

my GL on my treo (under prefs/appliations) says it tells me a new version of goodlink is ready to install. handheld needs to be reset during installation. do i want to install. i tap on yes and the treo soft resets and nothing happens. so now the installer is crashing my treo?

Fatal Error
    c:\build\release\skyy_sr_one\4_0_3\build\client_server_all\gx\src\palm\gdevicepalm.cpp: 536 fx_assert in ffs2.cpp @ 1430

ed schreibman
    ed'dot'schreibman'at'gmail'dot'com
    From 10 or so pages back, we were talking about using dbCacheTool and Resco Locker to help manage the db cache memory on the 650. I've updated one of my earlier posts and consolidated all related information I could find. I only bring it up again to ask for review comments on the post I made here as I'd eventually like to submit it as a T|C FAQ entry.
    GoodGuy - has Good qualified the Cingular FW:1.51 SW:1.17 update that just came out? Has anyone else else reflashed and installed Good yet?

Early reports seem to indicate P1 finally fixed the dbCache manager eliminating the need for dbCacheTool and probably RescoLocker as well. Just anxious to know while I wait for the Sprint fw update.
    [QUOTE=tomvb2000]GoodGuy - has Good qualified the Cingular FW:1.51 SW:1.17 update that just came out? Has anyone else else reflashed and installed Good yet?
    QUOTE]

Good is running just fine on my Cingular Treo using 1.17/1.51
    Any signs of an improved dbCache manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Any signs of an improved dbCache manager?
    My gut feeling is yes, its better (or at least different). It's definitlely managing it differently and I've seen some higher available cache then I'm used to seeing (in some instances). I need to use it for a few more days to see.

I use Good, TomTom and Realplayer together and that's always stretched it to the limit..so far no crashes....and I've never been able to run P-Tunes since that put it over the edge but I'll give that a try (the benefit of having to do a hard reset is I get to trial it again