Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 84853545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1232
    sooks,

a solution I do is to do a local hotsync with the standard pim apps about once a week. wasts some memory but it helpfull as some palm apps can only access the palm db's.
    Goodlink 4.7 was supposed to be released this week but there is no sign of it. I really want to get good on my windows mobile 2005 device. Have you heard anything???
  3.    #1143  
    Target date is still about a week out, but nothing in stone.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Hello. I am learning about Goodlink. It is possible to sync public folder calendar and contact information with Good, or just each users' personal info?
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Goodlink is pretty reliable, but it's another potential point of failure, (including network failures.) Chatter direct to Exchange via owa completely eliminates that possibilty.
    (and no recurring costs... :-)
  6.    #1146  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Goodlink is pretty reliable, but it's another potential point of failure, (including network failures.) Chatter direct to Exchange via owa completely eliminates that possibilty.
    (and no recurring costs... :-)
    If your network goes down, it doesn't matter if you have Good or Chatter. Unless you are referring to our NOC, which has an SLA of 99.9999.

As for recurring costs, $30 a month, while not necessarily for everyone, isn't much. Yes, more than $0 a month, but again, not that much.
  7.    #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Hello. I am learning about Goodlink. It is possible to sync public folder calendar and contact information with Good, or just each users' personal info?
    GoodLink supports public contact folders, but not public calendars. The ability to view free/busy for others is being developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks
    Taking us back on topic, a Good question:

Is there any way to keep more than 6 weeks of calendar data? I frequently need to refer back to past meetings, and it is tough not being able to carry that information on my mobile calendar.

Also, any plans for a vibrating alert? This is a basic necessity for a calendar. I tried Butler, but the system reset too many times.
    You can definitely do vibrating alerts via Butler - see this post for details on how to do it with Good.

Can you provide any more details on the probs you had with Butler? Perhaps we can figure that out. It's been very, very stable for me for almost two years now.
  9.    #1149  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    As far as I'm concerned, just about everything you listed (apart from remote provisioning) is what I call B-L-O-A-T, and Good wasn't all that small to start with. And I can honestly tell you that the medium sized enterprise *I* work for is actively seeking ways to dump both Blackberry and Good... it's just too much overhead for applications that don't require it. For larger enterprises that purchase devices, service, and own the equipment their employees use this is all a great idea... they can manage and control their assets. For most anyone else, it's just unwelcome overhead.

But you know your market better than we do. It just seems some of those who were previously customers get increasingly marginalized market-wise. I don't mean to suggest it's a bad thing... just an interesting observation as I've watched the various products mature.
    Again, our solution has always been designed with the larger enterprise in mind. Right or wrong, that is how it has been. What you consider bloat has been requested by our customers. I have always said GoodLink is not for every single customer, however, we have plenty of small- to medium-sized companies that use GoodLink and are very happy with it and all it's 'bloat'.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Again, our solution has always been designed with the larger enterprise in mind. Right or wrong, that is how it has been. What you consider bloat has been requested by our customers. I have always said GoodLink is not for every single customer, however, we have plenty of small- to medium-sized companies that use GoodLink and are very happy with it and all it's 'bloat'.
    Yes, but "I'm doing what I'm told" isn't really a good excuse, is it? After all, I lost count of the number of people here (besides myself) who complain "Good takes up too much space", "my apps won't run because Good is taking up too much memory", etc. Do these folks get ignored? Because, generally, the replies to them are about how to make more room for Good. I say make more room by making the bugger modular so that people only need to install the stuff they need, and leave whatever they consider bloat on the media.

I was helping a coworker who's *only* using Goodlink on his Verizon Treo 650 yesterday and saw he was flying with less than 4MB of available space. 4MB!? I just shook my head and thanked my stars I found a good alternative to Good.

One thing that is very true in the software world is that there is no such thing as "one size fits all"... and forcing *everyone* to take the whole of the feature set (and the bloat) really isn't going to fly when doing so causes problems for users who use more than Goodlink.
  11.    #1151  
    Taroliw, obviously you have removed GoodLink from your device because it does not fit your needs. As I have said time and time again, that is fine as we do not fit every single users needs. Your continual bashing of the application is not going to change that or the fact that it is, for the time being, what it is. I have acknowledged yours (and others) concerns regarding the size of the application and that we are working on making it more memory management effective. I don't think I am "ignoring" these complaints, however, completely changing the entire footprint of the application is not going to change overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw

I was helping a coworker who's *only* using Goodlink on his Verizon Treo 650 yesterday and saw he was flying with less than 4MB of available space. 4MB!? I just shook my head and thanked my stars I found a good alternative to Good.

Maybe you should find another IT department than?....We've got 200+ Goodlink/Treo Users at my company and they all fly with more than 4Mb of space (along with Docs to Go, Adobe PDF and other applications)...

Or perhaps, an alternative thread so you can hype up your alternative product..have fun
  13.    #1153  
    Speaking of PDF, has anyone upgraded to the new version of Docs2Go with PDF support?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <split>

ChatterEmail vs. GoodLink posts have been moved here.

Let's try to stay on topic.
    Hi GoodGuy - just found out about the new Docs2Go and am looking forward to it (native PDF support is essential), but am wondering whether we'd have to buy it on our own or if Good will supply it for Treo subscribers (as it does with v. 7), free or discounted (and if so, when). I really suggest Good do so - for GoodLink users, DocsToGo is a virtual extension of Good, and an essential one at that, but I still can't justify $50 per user for the upgrade.

Thanks again.

- P -
  16.    #1156  
    Quote Originally Posted by paolotto
    Hi GoodGuy - just found out about the new Docs2Go and am looking forward to it (native PDF support is essential), but am wondering whether we'd have to buy it on our own or if Good will supply it for Treo subscribers (as it does with v. 7), free or discounted (and if so, when). I really suggest Good do so - for GoodLink users, DocsToGo is a virtual extension of Good, and an essential one at that, but I still can't justify $50 per user for the upgrade.

Thanks again.

- P -
    I checked with my folks and we are checking on it. Being that is has just been released, don't yet have an answer. As soon as I do, will post it here.
    Speaking of PDF, has anyone upgraded to the new version of Docs2Go with PDF support?

Not yet...It's a $30 upgrade for me and I was trying to figure out if V8 had anything else I needed that would justify it (since I already have the separate pdf viewer I can use when needed)..of course if Good provides an upgrade path I'll give it a shot
  18.    #1158  
    I was told that we are going to run V8 of Docs2Go through QA and it will be available in the console then. No time frame, though.
    Is there a way to map the treo 650 contacts button back to the palm contacts instead of the Goodlink contacts App?
    I was told that we are going to run V8 of Docs2Go through QA and it will be available in the console then. No time frame, though.
    Thanks, GoodGuy - looking forward to that.

A suggestion - GoodLink installation should include the option of moving the Docs2Go apps to the card (i.e. bundling the functionality of the DataViz TechTool - http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13395&pid=2000 ). Otherwise GoodLink gets blamed for being much more of a memory hog than it is. I don't think most GoodLink users are aware that they can clear up a lot of RAM by running the Dataviz utility. As a short-term solution you might want to advertise the tool on the GoodLink website.

Thanks again.