Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1232
    ok, after reading through this thread, i'm not a very happy person.

i've had my TomTom 5 for about a week now, and i've been fairly happy with how it operates. it's saved me several times already, and it was well worth the investment.

however, i just came to a new company, where they want to install Goodlink on my treo. I was all for it. soon after, i realized how much memory it took up. i had to uninstall just about all of my apps i already had. tomtom navigator still exists, but now doesnt run!

*sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by manifestasian
    ok, after reading through this thread, i'm not a very happy person.

i've had my TomTom 5 for about a week now, and i've been fairly happy with how it operates. it's saved me several times already, and it was well worth the investment.

however, i just came to a new company, where they want to install Goodlink on my treo. I was all for it. soon after, i realized how much memory it took up. i had to uninstall just about all of my apps i already had. tomtom navigator still exists, but now doesnt run!

*sigh
    I've had Good and TT5 on my Treo650 for a couple months...Both work fine together for me...I do run into issues sometimes when i have Goodlink, TT and Pockettunes/Realplayer running together...depending on whatelse I've done I will occassionaly get a reboot with all of that going and its clearly caused by all of those eating up the available dbcache. In that cause I just leave good off and it works fine...I dont really need to be reading emails in the car while I'm driving...just pockettunes and TT running...Unfortunately their is no graceful way to turn off Goodlink when I dont need it (other than if it reboots)

but sounds like you've got something else going wrong..since I can launch TT just fine with Good going
    I like my goodlink. However, I've got 3826 emails on my
    treo and I can't figure out how to reduce --- neither on the handheld nor GL server. Blackberry made it easy to delete "all following" to delete it from the handheld without deleting it from the exchange server.

It is taking a long time to index the email whenever I have to powerdown or reset.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Any feedback on how goodlink works with the new beta GSM ROM? There've been a couple of comments that it's more "stable". Anyone seen this in real life? Reduced cache requirements? Fewer resets? Better able to run mulitiple apps while Goodlink is running?

Any hope?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Forgive me if these questions have been asked and answered before (but this is a 57-page thread after all!).

Does the Good service work with any cell phone service provider and, if so, does the cell phone service provider make a difference in how the Good service works?

Does the handheld (Treo 650) Good application allow you to compose e-mail messages with different/multiple "from" addresses (just as Outlook and SnapperMail allow you to do)?
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Any feedback on how goodlink works with the new beta GSM ROM? There've been a couple of comments that it's more "stable". Anyone seen this in real life? Reduced cache requirements? Fewer resets? Better able to run mulitiple apps while Goodlink is running?

Any hope?
    Where is this new beta ROM?

Can anyone tell me how to clear up my Treo 650 running GL from "hanging" all the time. My screen and now even the keys become unresponsive for 5 second to 2 minutes quite often. I have 5mb of free
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    Where is this new beta ROM?

Can anyone tell me how to clear up my Treo 650 running GL from "hanging" all the time. My screen and now even the keys become unresponsive for 5 second to 2 minutes quite often. I have 5mb of free
    Search for "1.43" to see some threads on the beta.

Search for "dbcache" in this tread to see info on how to make GL hang less frequently.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  8.    #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrvaughn
    I like my goodlink. However, I've got 3826 emails on my
    treo and I can't figure out how to reduce --- neither on the handheld nor GL server. Blackberry made it easy to delete "all following" to delete it from the handheld without deleting it from the exchange server.

It is taking a long time to index the email whenever I have to powerdown or reset.
    The emails are not on the GL server, nor your handheld. They are residing on Exchange. GoodLink simply mirrors what you have on Exchange. When you say 3K emails, are these all in your inbox or also in folders? If they are spread around, you can do a reprov of your device. This will bring only the first 100 emails in your inbox and then you can use the fetch command to pull however many emails you like into the sub-folders.
    Is there any way for Good to only display unread emails?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10.    #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Is there any way for Good to only display unread emails?
    Not yet, but it is a feature that is being looked at.
    If you have international numbers set up in outlook like so

Country Area Code Local Number

+44 (01xxx) 000000

When dialing from contacts the leading zero in area is not automatically dropped. Why is this is there a fix?
    Goodguy, Need your help.

I have Goodlink 4.5 installed on my Treo 650, and in the past, if I've had to hard reset, I could just re-install from the SD Card (an option would pop up to re-install Goodlink - then it slowly populates my calendar and email).

Now it doesn't do it. I backup from Backupman and then click on Goodlink. It starts to initialize and gets to a screen that says "Place in the cradle and run setup to personalize your handheld". It just won't start. The only way I can get everything set up again is to cradle it at my desktop at the office and it resyncs with the Exchange profile. It's almost as though it doesn't know what to sync from where?

How do I get this to work? (the files are obviously on the SD card). The major issue here is if I have to hard reset while I'm on the road. I'm screwed. I can get everything back except Goodlink....but I used to be able to do it. What gives?

One thing I should mention is the start.prc file in the palm file is missing and I do have a start.prc file in RAM but that is to run TomTom.

Thanks
  13.    #1133  
    Key issue that comes to mind is the fact that the information on the card is encrypted, so using another back-up manager won't work. Let me check with an SE and verify, though.
    GoodGuy,

Let me first say thank you very much for your continued support on this board. You are a true asset to your company!

I installed goodlink today for the 1st time, and I love the program. My company uses both GoodLink and BlackBerry. I started off with a BlackBerry. Seeing as I have been a long time Palm user, and have my own Treo 650, it makes no sense to carry both, so, I convinced the powers that be to let me get GoodLink as well.

Unfortunately, that is where the positive part of this post comes to an end. Please forgive me if I rehash many things that have been said here before.

Let me start with the ordering process. I am based in the UK. I ordered my service directly through Good in the UK. It took 8 working days to get my email with codes. It took 1 working day to get my BlackBerry device! I got SO frustrated with the delay, I contacted my service provider, and requested BlackBerry software for my Treo 650, which, lucky for Good, is not yet available from my service provider.

Right, now, onto the rest. I am a power Palm user, and my Treo generally has about 3MB free. I do have PowerRUN, and moved some apps to the card to free up space. The problem is that a LOT of my programs sync with desktop counterparts, and thus, HAVE to reside in main ram. Cool, I thought I could clear up the 14MB required to install, and then move stuff back. BIG mistake.

After install, I have around 5MB free. I start moving some stuff back, but, as soon as I go under 3.5MB free, NOTHING wants to run anymore while Good is active. This is NOT acceptable.

What I believe Good needs to do:

1. Cut out all the fancy graphics, and give us something that is fast, and works. This will help eliminate the memory bloat.
    2. Optimize your code. Come on, cut this puppy down to size. I know Palm screwed up with the memory on the 650, and I know we will eventually get bigger devices, BUT, work with what you have!
    3. Stop taking over the whole damn device! I read someone say their Treo was lobotomized after installing Good. That is a bit of a kind statement I think. Right now, Good just turns my Treo into a glorified BlackBerry, with less memory! Why do I HAVE to have Contacts, and Calendar and todo, etc with the email portion?! I don't sync those with my corporate exchange! I sync my contacts, calendar and todo's with my local PST file, and use applications like Agendus to properly manage my life. Being able to use only certain parts would ALSO cut down on the bloat! ALSO, don't just take over my buttons for me! I want to be able to choose whether everything gets mapped to Good or NOT!
    4. Give us a damn exit button!!! How hard can this really be!?

There are loads of programs out there now that can sync with the new Exchange push module. The programs take up less than 500K of RAM. When people who are new to Palm start getting to grips with what the device CAN do, and power users like me start implementing Exchange push, which program do you think we will choose? Yes, Exchange push has many problems, is not that secure, etc, etc, BUT, I can have my Palm back, and just live with some quirks!

The next company to knock on your door where Palm is concerned, is BlackBerry. BlackBerry connect is now out for the Palm. I guarantee you it uses LOADS less memory than Good. It even integrates, and uses the built-in VersaMail!

Before anyone suggests it, I am running DBCacheTool.

GoodGuy, please don't take this post personally. I do like the Good software. It has HUGE potential. I always love technology that sticks it to the BIG boys, so, I want Good to kick BlackBerry's but, BUT, the way your software is BLOATED right now, I can not see that happening fast enough.

I realize there is a cost benefit to Good, BUT, if I had to choose between cost, and getting my Treo back, my Treo will win EVERY time!

I know you are just the messenger, and I am in no way trying to shoot the messenger! Please pass this post along to your powers that be. MAYBE someone will wake up and smell the BlackBerry's at their door!

All the best!

Richelo Killian
  15.    #1135  
    Richelo..

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the nice words and apologize for your frustrations. Trust me, I do not take anything you have said personally.

Quote Originally Posted by killianr

Let me start with the ordering process. I am based in the UK. I ordered my service directly through Good in the UK. It took 8 working days to get my email with codes. It took 1 working day to get my BlackBerry device! I got SO frustrated with the delay, I contacted my service provider, and requested BlackBerry software for my Treo 650, which, lucky for Good, is not yet available from my service provider.
    Unfortunately, I cannot address the UK ordering system as I am based in the States. I will forward a copy of your posting to our UK office to let them know of your concerns.

1. Cut out all the fancy graphics, and give us something that is fast, and works. This will help eliminate the memory bloat.
    I personally don't see fancy graphics within our interface. The goal with the GoodLink UI has always been to emulate Outlook as closely as possible. I don't think that the colors, etc., make that much difference as it relates to size of the application. Again, I could be greatly mistaken as I don't do Palm development.

2. Optimize your code. Come on, cut this puppy down to size. I know Palm screwed up with the memory on the 650, and I know we will eventually get bigger devices, BUT, work with what you have!
    I think there are two issues here: 1) Code optimization and 2) the memory limitations of the Treo. Let's address each point. As it relates to optimizing the code, I can assure you we try. However, if you read through the various threads, people are constantly requesting new features, however, they also want to cut down the size of the application. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to have it both ways. We are very aware of the memory restrictions that GoodLink has placed on the Treo and our development team is constantly working on optimizing the code. As for the Treo memory issues, there are two things at work here. First, and most obvious, is the smallish size of the memory stores. More importantly, however, is the way that the Palm OS actually addresses the memory. We are working very closely with Palm as it relates to memory management.

No, there is no succinct answer here and as a 650 user myself, I completely understand the frustration. Please be assured it is something we are keenly aware of.

3. Stop taking over the whole damn device! I read someone say their Treo was lobotomized after installing Good. That is a bit of a kind statement I think. Right now, Good just turns my Treo into a glorified BlackBerry, with less memory! Why do I HAVE to have Contacts, and Calendar and todo, etc with the email portion?! I don't sync those with my corporate exchange! I sync my contacts, calendar and todo's with my local PST file, and use applications like Agendus to properly manage my life. Being able to use only certain parts would ALSO cut down on the bloat! ALSO, don't just take over my buttons for me! I want to be able to choose whether everything gets mapped to Good or NOT!
    A very common complaint. The best explanation I can provide is the GoodLink has been designed as a corporate management tool. In other words, an extension of your work desktop/Outlook and Exchange. With no desktop application, PST file support simply doesn't exist. Where this causes issues is in situations such as yours where the Treo is your personal, not company issued, device. I think (and don't hold me to this) we are looking at making certain aspects of sync optional, but no time frame on this or if it will even happen. One thing I can tell you that is a step in the right direction is that our next release is scheduled to have the ability to beam contacts/vCards to both GoodLink users as well as non-Goodlink users, using the Palm contacts.

4. Give us a damn exit button!!! How hard can this really be!?
    You have one. Soft reset.

Seriously though, I have submitted this request to our development team.

There are loads of programs out there now that can sync with the new Exchange push module. The programs take up less than 500K of RAM. When people who are new to Palm start getting to grips with what the device CAN do, and power users like me start implementing Exchange push, which program do you think we will choose? Yes, Exchange push has many problems, is not that secure, etc, etc, BUT, I can have my Palm back, and just live with some quirks!
    A couple of things here while trying to keep this on-topic and not take it to an Exchange vs GoodLink battle. One, the new push for Exchange has not been released yet. While there are some who feel that security limitations and certain usability issues are quirks, my feeling (and this is me, not Good) is that once it is released and is thouroughly tested and reviewed, the majority of enterprise accounts will not want to use Exchange's push. Now, obviously there will be those that do and that is something we will need to address, but I am confident in our development team.

The next company to knock on your door where Palm is concerned, is BlackBerry. BlackBerry connect is now out for the Palm. I guarantee you it uses LOADS less memory than Good. It even integrates, and uses the built-in VersaMail!
    It uses loads less memory because it does not have near the functionality of GoodLink. No syncing of contacts or calendar are just a couple that immediately come to mind. Also, while yes it does use the Versamail client, and while this may be fine for some, most people I have spoken with do not like the interface. Again, not everyone.

GoodGuy, please don't take this post personally. I do like the Good software. It has HUGE potential. I always love technology that sticks it to the BIG boys, so, I want Good to kick BlackBerry's but, BUT, the way your software is BLOATED right now, I can not see that happening fast enough.

I realize there is a cost benefit to Good, BUT, if I had to choose between cost, and getting my Treo back, my Treo will win EVERY time!

I know you are just the messenger, and I am in no way trying to shoot the messenger! Please pass this post along to your powers that be. MAYBE someone will wake up and smell the BlackBerry's at their door!
    Again, no offense taken. One of the things I have learned in my almost year here (has it been that long?) is that Treo users are some of the most loyal users of any technology there is. Right up there with Mac people. An aspect of that loyalty has translated over into loyalty of GoodLink users. Also, some of that loyalty translates into very high expectations and demands. I try to address those as best I can from my position, but to take it personally would be suicide on my part.

I am forwarding your complete post to people within our organization. Thanks again for your feedback, both positive and, well, not so positive.
    I'm sorry, but when is 4.7 coming out again? I thought the 2nd week in November? Is that still on?
  17.    #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    I'm sorry, but when is 4.7 coming out again? I thought the 2nd week in November? Is that still on?
    The last I heard we were still targetting around the 16the-18th, but bear in mind that is still subject to change.
    Taking us back on topic, a Good question:

Is there any way to keep more than 6 weeks of calendar data? I frequently need to refer back to past meetings, and it is tough not being able to carry that information on my mobile calendar.

Also, any plans for a vibrating alert? This is a basic necessity for a calendar. I tried Butler, but the system reset too many times.
    BC
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks
    Taking us back on topic, a Good question:

Is there any way to keep more than 6 weeks of calendar data? I frequently need to refer back to past meetings, and it is tough not being able to carry that information on my mobile calendar.

Also, any plans for a vibrating alert? This is a basic necessity for a calendar. I tried Butler, but the system reset too many times.
    I've got calendar data on mine that goes back alot further than 6 weeks (I stopped looking after I got to June)...Maybe it is a setting that the administrators can control?

I wonder why vibrate isnt an option for reminders (It is for email)...not sure that I'd use it since it only plays the reminder sound if I've got the speaker on anyway (and vibrates when speaker is off) but seems like it should be an option
  20.    #1140  
    You must have provisioned your phone about 5 weeks ago. When the phone is initially provisioned with GL, a weeks worth of past calendar events are syncd.

As for the vibrate on events, that has been submitted as a feature request.