Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1232
  1.    #1101  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    Do you know if that was the best way to do it? Did he in effect create a 2nd account that we're now being charged for?
    Nope. When you deleted your old account you simply replaced it with the new one.
    Goodguy,

I read one of the previous postings regarding using a new Sim card. However, in my case, I had to get a new sim card because the original one had an issue, but same phone number and same IMSI, same carrier, etc. etc. When I put in the new sim card, I noticed that Goodlink was no longer syncing up so based on the previous posting here, I had my it administrator kill my old acct and re-issue a new one.

Do you know if that was the best way to do it? Did he in effect create a 2nd account that we're now being charged for?
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I did notice that all of the autotexts that I had added are still there and my signature is still there as I had set it up. Does that mean that he actually had just resent the connection info/reset my account?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  3.    #1103  
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I did notice that all of the autotexts that I had added are still there and my signature is still there as I had set it up. Does that mean that he actually had just resent the connection info/reset my account?
    Yup
    When will we see a new build of Goodlink? There are some issues with 4.5 that I'd like to see fixed. Can you post a roadmap of what we should expect in the 4th quarter?
  5.    #1105  
    4.7 is in Beta right now, but that is primarily for support of Windows Mobile 5. Don't know what effects it will have on Treos. That will probably be it for 2005.
    I like the two line message display, but I hate the fact that it has a blue background instead of white. Is there any hack to make it white? Will that be fixed in the 4.7 release?
  7.    #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    I like the two line message display, but I hate the fact that it has a blue background instead of white. Is there any hack to make it white? Will that be fixed in the 4.7 release?
    Interesting. I never had issues with it, but will send on a feature request to make it customizable. I know that High Priority emails have a yellow background. If it does become customizable, it won't be in 4.7.
    Been lurking for about a week and decided to breakdown and get a buy my TC registration. I hope it's money well spent

Anyway, my firm uses Goodlink and I've been playing around with it since yesterday. Is there a way to reply to an e-mail with the fonts that I specified in my Outlook profile? I hate it when an e-mail turns into text when I reply via the Treo.

Thanks!
  9.    #1109  
    Quote Originally Posted by nfja
    Been lurking for about a week and decided to breakdown and get a buy my TC registration. I hope it's money well spent

Anyway, my firm uses Goodlink and I've been playing around with it since yesterday. Is there a way to reply to an e-mail with the fonts that I specified in my Outlook profile? I hate it when an e-mail turns into text when I reply via the Treo.

Thanks!
    Short answer is no. The fonts from Outlook do not replicate over to the handheld.
    There is less contrast when the background color is blue rather than white. Black on white (good) Black on blue (bad.)
    I have Goodlink which my company provides to sync with our corp. E-mail, contacts and to-do-list, calendar. When I now sync with my home computer there are issues. My personal outlook Calendar will not sync with my Treo, my contacts seem to sync but I lose info. How do I use goodlink and my home computer tighter. So one change on home computer when hotsync will then sync with my corp stuff.
    Thanks
    I still can't run TomTom and GL at the same time on a T650.

This situation is really ticking me off. I've paid a fortune for both products and it's ridiculous that I have to constantly reset the device to make sure that both products aren't running at the same time.

I did research in the support areas of both products (and online) and found no evidence of problems before buying the product(s).

Both companies are on my SL until this is fixed.

While we're at it, GL is also on my SL for reducing the functionality of the basic PIM capabilities of my treo pre-GL install:
    * search contacts based on all fields
    * search calendar
    * switching time zones doesn't screw up all day events
    * sending attachments (duh)
    * FULL vcard support
    * how about IR beaming of attachments which has worked for a few years for other palm devices (give me a break guys)
    * accessing contacts from other apps that use standard PALM methods for doing so (like Versamail - I need it for personal email)

I am NOT a power user. I read all these hacks and just shake my head. Who has time for all this crap?

GL has increased my productivity in several ways and decreased my productivity in other ways. For example:
    Negatives:
    1. I used to have contacts beamed over in meetings (in silicon valley most people I deal with use a treo or blackberry) instead of having to type in biz cards. No longer works. This costs me at least 1/2 day of month as I generate a huge number of contacts in my business.
    2. I can't get email while using GPS. My assistant generally uses email to send me quick 1 line alerts which I can no longer get until I've arrived at my destination. I once had a meeting cancelled and didn't know about it until after a 1 hour drive because of this.
    3. Missed calls because of the way GL maintains constant "push" connection with server. This happens 2 or 3 times per week. I haven't lost any deals yet because of this but I dread the day...

Positives:
    1. my calendar is more accurate because of ota exchange sync and meeting invites/conflict resolution
    2. I spend less time cleaning out my inbox because deletes/file(s) are auto-sync'd with server (although other imap clients support this)
    3. I believe GL is an amazingly stable product given the limitations of the T650. However every Series 60 symbian phone I've ever tried with IMAP support is more stable than the T650/GL combination.

Bottom line is that I'm switching to a WM 5.0 device asap (probably the HTC Wizard in Q1) to get:
    1. full exchange sync built into the device (I'm still skeptical that this is true but this is what I'm being told by my techy friends)
    2. support for all missing PIM functions described above
    3. a 'real' mulit-tasking OS (it pains me no end to refer to M$ this way)
    4. Wifi support in a device with a keyboard either built in or via SDIO
    5. ability to run GPS (TomTom) and still get email (hoowah)

I know and like GoodLink very much. But my take is that the company is a addressing a short term need in the market and will die a horrible death once MS Exchange and WM5.0 take hold now that they finally have it together. The licesning deals that M$ is doing with EAS are impressive. I think Palm/Verizon recognize this, hence the T700.

Sorry for being such a downer, but reality is a *****.
    Goodguy, do you know when goodlink 4.7 is going to be released?? I have the ppc-6700 and 4.5 wont work at all.
    hi.. do you run your tomtom from the internal memory or from the sd card? just wondering because with GL installed along with other apps installed, i only have 3mb left. i want to buy tomtom and hopefully it can run from the sd cards with all maps on the sd card as well. not much you can do about the internal memory as GL takes up a huge chunk of it.

Quote Originally Posted by beejaybee

This situation is really ticking me off. I've paid a fortune for both products and it's ridiculous that I have to constantly reset the device to make sure that both products aren't running at the same time.

I did research in the support areas of both products (and online) and found no evidence of problems before buying the product(s).

While we're at it, GL is also on my SL for reducing the functionality of the basic PIM capabilities of my treo pre-GL install:
    * search calendar
    * FULL vcard support
    * how about IR beaming of attachments which has worked for a few years for other palm devices (give me a break guys)
    * accessing contacts from other apps that use standard PALM methods for doing so (like Versamail - I need it for personal email)

I am NOT a power user. I read all these hacks and just shake my head. Who has time for all this crap?

GL has increased my productivity in several ways and decreased my productivity in other ways. For example:
    Negatives:
    1. I used to have contacts beamed over in meetings (in silicon valley most people I deal with use a treo or blackberry) instead of having to type in biz cards. No longer works. This costs me at least 1/2 day of month as I generate a huge number of contacts in my business.
    2. I can't get email while using GPS. My assistant generally uses email to send me quick 1 line alerts which I can no longer get until I've arrived at my destination. I once had a meeting cancelled and didn't know about it until after a 1 hour drive because of this.
    3. Missed calls because of the way GL maintains constant "push" connection with server. This happens 2 or 3 times per week. I haven't lost any deals yet because of this but I dread the day...

Positives:
    1. my calendar is more accurate because of ota exchange sync and meeting invites/conflict resolution
    2. I spend less time cleaning out my inbox because deletes/file(s) are auto-sync'd with server (although other imap clients support this)
    3. I believe GL is an amazingly stable product given the limitations of the T650. However every Series 60 symbian phone I've ever tried with IMAP support is more stable than the T650/GL combination.

Bottom line is that I'm switching to a WM 5.0 device asap (probably the HTC Wizard in Q1) to get:
    1. full exchange sync built into the device (I'm still skeptical that this is true but this is what I'm being told by my techy friends)

I know and like GoodLink very much. But my take is that the company is a addressing a short term need in the market and will die a horrible death once MS Exchange and WM5.0 take hold now that they finally have it together. The licesning deals that M$ is doing with EAS are impressive. I think Palm/Verizon recognize this, hence the T700.

Sorry for being such a downer, but reality is a *****.
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by beejaybee

* search calendar
    * FULL vcard support
    -Search Contacts and Calendar
    Great ideas. Do not know if that is on our roadmap, but I will submit feature requests for both.

-Time Zone
    I vaguely recall that issue being brought up before. Let me do some digging.

-Sending Attachments
    Believe me, nobody wants that more than I do. It is priority one right now, but there are technical issues since we do not use SMTP.

-VCard support
    What do you mean by full vCard support?

-Beaming of documents
    This was the first I had heard of this. I just did a test and beamed a document via Docs2Go

-Accessing Contacts
    There is a workaround, that is admittedly a bit kludgy, that will let you do what you want. It is in this thread and also on the Yahoo group.

Negatives:
    We have the ability to beam contacts, however, customers asked us to make it an option activate and deactivate the feature. This is why it wasn't initially released with 4.5. My gut tells me next major release (1st quarter next year) will have it, but I haven't heard anything official on that.

Can you still get phone calls while on GPS? I don't know, technically, if the GPS uses the radio or not. Can anyone else give some detail on this one? If so, I will forward it on to our tech guys.

We don't maintain a contstant connection. If we did, you would never get a phone call due to the fact the CDMA won't allow data and voice connection simultaneously. If you were using a scheduled pull, for example, when your device was polling the server, you would not get the calls either. An option you may want to look at is if you are expecting a call you can't miss, go to work offlline mode and when you want to sync, you simply hit the 'S' key. It will connect, then drop the data connection.

Positives:

1. Not commenting on this as I will get attacked for FUD. All I will say is be sure and research EAS completely.
    2. From your list, it looks like the key issues from a PIM perspective are search features for Calendar and Contacts. I wish I could tell you if/when that will happen, but I can't.
    3. Agreed
    4. Device concern, but completely understandable.
    5. Last I heard, TomTom had purchased some licenses to work on compatibilty with GoodLink. However,I have heard nothing since.

I am sorry you feel that way, but I have to disagree. The facts that Sprint and Cingular have signed resell agreements with us within the last 6 months (rumor is VZN is being discussed as well), that HP is offering GoodLink as part of the standard load on the 6500 series, that Nokia has announced partnerships with us, in my mind, point to a stronger position in the market than ever. These companies, I am sure, dod a great amount of due dilligence on the viability of GoodLink and Good.
  16.    #1116  
    Quote Originally Posted by pooka16
    Goodguy, do you know when goodlink 4.7 is going to be released?? I have the ppc-6700 and 4.5 wont work at all.
    4.7 is currently in Beta and the last I heard we were targetting 2nd week in Novemeber for release. Obviously, that could change, depending on how the beta goes, but my SE is running it on a 6700 and hasn't seen any major issues.
    Which version is that person running 4.5 or 4.7 on the 6700? 4.5 will only work for a day and then email will not get pushed to the phone without a soft reboot.
  18.    #1118  
    Quote Originally Posted by pooka16
    Which version is that person running 4.5 or 4.7 on the 6700? 4.5 will only work for a day and then email will not get pushed to the phone without a soft reboot.
    He is running 4.7
    REMOVE your SD card
    Hard Reset
    Delete GDInstall if it still there
    Soft Reset
    Reinstall Good 4.5
    Soft Reset (just in case)
    When it asks you to Backup to SD, say NO.

WORKS like a charm.

Someone owes me some beer damn it.
    Which problem were you trying to fix?
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)