Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1232
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    My company just got Goodlink. I installed the package on my Treo which prior to Good was fairly stable, reseting once or twice a week. After 6 hours with Goodlink installed I think my set up is decent, but not great.

Based on the comments here I installed DBcachetool version 0.2a. My setting are
    Clear type = DB, Safe mode on
    Auto clear = on
    App stop checked
    Free < 4M
    Max < 1M
    clease at softreset checked

My heap size = 1212388
    Free: 7377936
    Max: 7369992

Do these setting look right? I am thinking about a custom ROM with real, tutorials and languages pulled out. Will this improve my stability with GL?

I have 3.5M free. What is the trade off of getting more memory by moving some apps to ROM vs. keep the ROM as small as possible to maximize the memory cache?
    Your settings look fine. Most people have free < 2M or 1M, but that really doesn't make much difference.

From what I've read, a custom ROM won't help. That can save you some main memory because you can take some apps out of ram, but it won't increase your cache.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  2.    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1015

So I cannot just buy a license as you stated earlier..
    Actually, that thread says the same thing. If you already have the server, you can buy the CAL's through the carrier and not pay the server fee. However, Sprint will still require 10 CALs. If you are on T-Mobile or Verizon and already have a server, then you can buy CAL's directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Actually, that thread says the same thing. If you already have the server, you can buy the CAL's through the carrier and not pay the server fee. However, Sprint will still require 10 CALs. If you are on T-Mobile or Verizon and already have a server, then you can buy CAL's directly.
    It says exactly what I stated, but you said was incorrect. You said regardless of where you brought the server, all you have to do is buy the license.
  4.    #1084  
    It says exactly what I stated, but you said was incorrect. You said regardless of where you brought the server, all you have to do is buy the license.
    No, your statement said a couple of things that were incorrect. You said the server fee was one time through the carrier. It is not one time, it is annual. Secondly, the server does not have to be purchased from each carrier. The server is not tied to the carrier. If you bought the server through Sprint, you do not have to repurchase it from Cingular (or Good) to use Cingular CALs.
    http://www.good.com/index.php/pr_2005101005.html

" The facility in Hyderabad will provide engineering development, QA and sales support to meet the growing global demand for GoodLink and GoodAccess, a combined enterprise software and service that runs on a variety of devices and networks."

Looks like more jobs going overseas...
    I kind of agree with the "jobs going overseas" comment, but while there is ample evidence of tech jobs moving to lower labor cost countries, I'm not sure this is a particularly good example.

It looks like they've basically taken over JP Mobile's existing shop in India with roughly 40 people. With India as a growing tech consumer (esp in tech centers like Hyderabad and Bangalore), it only makes sense to have local sales support for local customers, right?

Sure, perhaps the dev and QA work might be transferred from the US operations, but JP Mobile already had a wireless email product and the dev and QA people who built it. Sounds to me like they are now just working on GL. For those who've wanted LotusNotes and GroupWise support in addition to MS Exchange, this may be how Good is going to do it (since JP Mobile had support for those platforms).
  7.    #1087  
    The Hyderabad facility will be providing local sales support for the Middle East, just like we have offices in various European offices to provide local sales support there. This was the office of JP Mobile, so we didn't "move" anything over there. We were already, even before the JPM acquisition, outsourcing some development overseas, so this is actually nothing new

GBM, you may want to check with the company you are working for as it relates to sending jobs overseas before you throw stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I kind of agree with the "jobs going overseas" comment, but while there is ample evidence of tech jobs moving to lower labor cost countries, I'm not sure this is a particularly good example.

It looks like they've basically taken over JP Mobile's existing shop in India with roughly 40 people. With India as a growing tech consumer (esp in tech centers like Hyderabad and Bangalore), it only makes sense to have local sales support for local customers, right?

Sure, perhaps the dev and QA work might be transferred from the US operations, but JP Mobile already had a wireless email product and the dev and QA people who built it. Sounds to me like they are now just working on GL. For those who've wanted LotusNotes and GroupWise support in addition to MS Exchange, this may be how Good is going to do it (since JP Mobile had support for those platforms).

Thought is was Ironic they announce a new office after "Corporate Restructure". Ok, so a big hopla for something that already exists. Marketing person must have been looking for something to do that day.
  9.    #1089  
    Thought is was Ironic they announce a new office after "Corporate Restructure". Ok, so a big hopla for something that already exists. Marketing person must have been looking for something to do that day.
    If you notice, most of the PRPRPR $from$ $that$ $announcement$ $was$ $in$ $the$ $Indian$ $press$, $not$ $domestic$.
    GBM, you may want to check with the company you are working for as it relates to sending jobs overseas before you throw stones.
    Well considering what we do, nope. But rumor has it you will be next on our client list.
  11.    #1091  
    Buy the rumor, sell the news.
    Buy the rumor, sell the news.
    Frankenstien doesn't scare me, marsupials do....
    Well considering what we do, nope. But rumor has it you will be next on our client list.
    Hmmm, sounds intriguing and a little scary. GBM, what does your company do? If you actually work for The Company , then don't tell me as you'd have to kill me afterwards
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Hmmm, sounds intriguing and a little scary. GBM, what does your company do? If you actually work for The Company , then don't tell me as you'd have to kill me afterwards
    We do asset liquidation, this should be a quick job for us.
  15.    #1095  
    Actually, GBM, you are OUR client. Kinda ironic, huh?
    Actually, GBM, you are OUR client. Kinda ironic, huh?
    Just rumor my boy...run your activation report. Issue with your client crashing devices. Contracts were made to be broken.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    as a mobile devices consulting company, we are offering test drives for GoodLink, Blackberry and other applications. Normally this test took between 2 and 4 weeks, after this trial you need to decide whether you want to continue using GL/Blackberry etc. for a small monthly fee or not. We are no hosting service, but you can use your regular email during this time. Sure we have Domino (for Blackberry and other solutions) too - not only Exchange

we have only limited accounts for all solutions. If someone here interested, drop me a PM or email.

oliver
    RTFM
    Question about Goodlink contacts:

My treo is my business phone, and as such I do not want to give the number to certain friends of mine that tend to call me a lot. For those contacts, i would like to dial *67 each time I call them. However, if you store the *67 as part of their contact number, the goodlink software does not include the * when dialing. Is there any way to force goodlink to dial the *, or is there an alternative way to activate call id block on a per call basis? I use cingular.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lengyelc
    Question about Goodlink contacts:

My treo is my business phone, and as such I do not want to give the number to certain friends of mine that tend to call me a lot. For those contacts, i would like to dial *67 each time I call them. However, if you store the *67 as part of their contact number, the goodlink software does not include the * when dialing. Is there any way to force goodlink to dial the *, or is there an alternative way to activate call id block on a per call basis? I use cingular.

Thanks in advance.
    If it's just a couple of people, I'd put the numbers in your phone shortcuts instead of good. It's quicker to get to them too.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Goodguy,

I read one of the previous postings regarding using a new Sim card. However, in my case, I had to get a new sim card because the original one had an issue, but same phone number and same IMSI, same carrier, etc. etc. When I put in the new sim card, I noticed that Goodlink was no longer syncing up so based on the previous posting here, I had my it administrator kill my old acct and re-issue a new one.

Do you know if that was the best way to do it? Did he in effect create a 2nd account that we're now being charged for?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!