Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1232
    Help! I am currently running Goodlink 3.8xx (my employer is looking to upgrade to 4.X sometime soon) on a Verizon 650 (1.01 software). No third party software, no Adobe reader, no documents to go, etc... basically Goodlink, the phone, Blazer, whatever has to be loaded initially to run. I recently checked memory and I currently have only 1.1M of free space! And that's after purging MMS and SMS, as well as all pictures, from the device (I'd gotten to as low as 500k left). I've read that a number of people who use several other programs in addition to Goodlink and still have some memory left. I've searched everywhere I know to look to try to delete excess items, I've purged the cache and temp files in Blazer, any thoughts on what could be happening? I saw a thread where if you download attachments they are left in RAM (hidden) and I have downloaded attachments at times. Any suggestions and is this normal memory usage?
    Do you have a lot of pictures or videos stored on your phone? That came up with one of our employees today. They were trying to install GL (requires 14M for the install, 8M afterwards to run!!!!!!) and didn't have enough memory. We checked and the didn't have any extra apps that weren't already moved to their card. When he checked his pictures he found out he had more than 10M of pictures stored on his phone. Moved those to the card and everything else went well.
    I'm using the following:

GoodLink 4.5
    Documents-To-Go ver 7.006 (945)

And I'm able to use my Camera even with Good running. Not sure what's up, but this has been very stable for me. Of course I'm not running anything in the addition of the applications listed above, but I do use the camera quite frequently.
    Hi Electro-Tether, are you using a CDMA or GSM model? The camera problem only appears on the GSM model. More specifically, its using the camera in the high-res video mode that's a problem. Low-res video and both low-res AND high-res still picture modes are fine.

Thanks.
    I did have a bunch of MMS messages stored in the outbox, etc... but have deleted all the pictures, MMS messages and SMS messages and only freed up 1M. I'm stumped, surely this isn't the norm?
    Mr Goodman,

My new 650 is working great with Goodlink and I love it! However, I want to change my timer for the automatic lock and, because the lock is controlled by Goodlink, I have not found a program that will allow me to extend the lock timer. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilson1usa
    I have not found a program that will allow me to extend the lock timer. Any suggestions?
    If it's managed by GL then the only way to change it permanently would be to have your IT department change it in the GL console. They can overide the policies on a per person basis if they chose. Speaking as an IT person I'd have to say someone would have to do a lot of convincing to get me to change a global policy.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    (aside) Geez, I wish TC would create a separate Good forum. This isn't very searchable....

Anyway, GoodGuy or whomever can help me. I want to use the more powerful CanDo tasks on my palm with Outlook, but I want to keep everything else on the Palm as Good. In other words, I want my desktop Outlook to sync to my Palm "CanDo" program. Any way to do that? It wasn't immediately obvious to me how to do this after looking at the HotSync config items.

Thanks,
    -Wumped
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumpus
    (aside) Geez, I wish TC would create a separate Good forum. This isn't very searchable....

Anyway, GoodGuy or whomever can help me. I want to use the more powerful CanDo tasks on my palm with Outlook, but I want to keep everything else on the Palm as Good. In other words, I want my desktop Outlook to sync to my Palm "CanDo" program. Any way to do that? It wasn't immediately obvious to me how to do this after looking at the HotSync config items.

Thanks,
    -Wumped
    Think of Good as running outside the native Palm apps (contacts, calendar, tasks, etc). Any app such as CanDo that lays on top of the native Tasks function will have no interaction with Good. None. So - Good and CanDo will have no connectivity.
    My company just got Goodlink. I installed the package on my Treo which prior to Good was fairly stable, reseting once or twice a week. After 6 hours with Goodlink installed I think my set up is decent, but not great.

Based on the comments here I installed DBcachetool version 0.2a. My setting are
    Clear type = DB, Safe mode on
    Auto clear = on
    App stop checked
    Free < 4M
    Max < 1M
    clease at softreset checked

My heap size = 1212388
    Free: 7377936
    Max: 7369992

Do these setting look right? I am thinking about a custom ROM with real, tutorials and languages pulled out. Will this improve my stability with GL?

I have 3.5M free. What is the trade off of getting more memory by moving some apps to ROM vs. keep the ROM as small as possible to maximize the memory cache?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Think of Good as running outside the native Palm apps (contacts, calendar, tasks, etc). Any app such as CanDo that lays on top of the native Tasks function will have no interaction with Good. None. So - Good and CanDo will have no connectivity.
    Hey, thanks for the reply.

I know there's no connectivity between Good and native apps. What I am trying to do is to hook up the CanDo to my outlook. In other words, I want HotSync to go ahead and sync my Tasks in Outlook to my Palm Database Tasks (CanDo uses the native DBs).

Is there a way to get the hotsync to do this? I'm using Version 4.0.0.59.

Thx!
    -Wumped
    Those settings look pretty good except that I would not recommend checking the "clear at soft reset" option. A soft reset clears the cache anyway and I've run into problems where dbCacheTool (with this option checked) seemed to mess with some of the underlying libraries/DLLs that apps like GoodLink relied on to be there. The result would be odd messages (typically Assert statement failures) and random trouble establishing a data connection.

Depending on what apps you have loaded, you might need to change Free < to 3M. Especially if you notice dbCacheTool running after most every app finishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HesNot
    I did have a bunch of MMS messages stored in the outbox, etc... but have deleted all the pictures, MMS messages and SMS messages and only freed up 1M. I'm stumped, surely this isn't the norm?
    It also seems like you're not on the latest version of 650 firmware for Verizon. Newer releases had such a great impact on the amount of memory used.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I've been using GoodLink 4.0, then 4.5 for about 6 weeks on my Verizon Treo 650. I have a few other apps installed including ZLauncher, and I usuallyhave around 7MB free. I would get the usual 'Not enough memory' messages a few times a day, usually when I would try to run the web browser or SnapperMail, and I would reboot and run those apps before launching GoodLink.

A few days ago I installed the latest Verizon update, ver 1.04, and I will tell all of you I have not had one "not enough memory' message and not one random reset since. Everything works perfectly and it seems quicker. For me, this update seems to have solved the GoodLink memory issues.

I did do a hard reset and clean install after the update (not from the backup) and had my IT dept reprovision GoodLink for me.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself by posting this.

Good luck,
    Brian
    Two things. First, I was told that the cost through Cingular is $1500 because you have to buy a package for 5 users. You can not just buy one for $350. Is that true?
    My second question is related to the calendar. One of my complaints about versamail is that it does not allow for calendar history (only 1-4 weeks). Does Good solve that problem?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BethelHts
    You can not just buy one for $350. Is that true?
    With Sprint that's the case. I had heard Cingular could do onesies twosies but if they can't that doesn't surprise me.

versamail is that it does not allow for calendar history (only 1-4 weeks). Does Good solve that problem?
    Thanks.
    I've only had GL installed for a little over a week and I have entries in my calendar going as far back as I've been able to look (April of 2005 so far). I'd say if the event were in your mailbox calendar then it would show up in GL as well.
    Two things. First, I was told that the cost through Cingular is $1500 because you have to buy a package for 5 users. You can not just buy one for $350. Is that true? .
    Sprint, I believe, won't do it for less than 10 Lic. You may want to try Good directly, if your lucky they will bend and do a single but it is frowned upon.

My second question is related to the calendar. One of my complaints about versamail is that it does not allow for calendar history (only 1-4 weeks). Does Good solve that problem?
    Thanks.
    Good will let you view more than versamail but I don't remember if it is a data size thing or time thing. ie will archive based on data size or only a few weeks.
  18.    #1078  
    Two things. First, I was told that the cost through Cingular is $1500 because you have to buy a package for 5 users. You can not just buy one for $350. Is that true?
    Thanks.
    If you are on Sprint:

$1500 Server
    $990 for 10 Client Licenses, though they are running a promo through the end of the year that will lower that cost to $740

Cingular:
    $1500 Server
    $99 Client License that can sold individually

Each carrier also has a monthly GoodLink access fee.

T-Mobile/Cingular-Direct through Good
    $1999 starter pack. This includes the server, 5 client licenses and 5 Secure Transport Services. The STS is renewed annually at $248 per user.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    If you are on Sprint:

$1500 Server
    $990 for 10 Client Licenses, though they are running a promo through the end of the year that will lower that cost to $740

Cingular:
    $1500 Server
    $99 Client License that can sold individually

Each carrier also has a monthly GoodLink access fee.

T-Mobile/Cingular-Direct through Good
    $1999 starter pack. This includes the server, 5 client licenses and 5 Secure Transport Services. The STS is renewed annually at $248 per user.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1015

So I cannot just buy a license as you stated earlier..
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumpus
    Hey, thanks for the reply.

I know there's no connectivity between Good and native apps. What I am trying to do is to hook up the CanDo to my outlook. In other words, I want HotSync to go ahead and sync my Tasks in Outlook to my Palm Database Tasks (CanDo uses the native DBs).

Is there a way to get the hotsync to do this? I'm using Version 4.0.0.59.

Thx!
    -Wumped
    Just tell hotsync that you want to use the Tasks conduit, and what you're doing should work fine. It will be weird though... you'll have two copies of your tasks on your Treo, and they'll potentially be out of sync becuase the goodlink ones will be up to date with the server, and the native ones will only be as up to date as your last hotsync
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!