Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1232
    Hopefully the reprov will help. Otherwise, perhaps it is hardware after all.
    They're reprovisioning it right now (again). He tried once and it looked OK, but the mail and calendar buttons didn't automatically get mapped to GL like normal. When I went to the Today screen, it blew its little biscuit. So, I tried to back it up so I could do a hard reset, but I got a fatal error during the hotsync. I then did a hard reset and now the IT guy is doing the reprovisioning again. It should be done any minute now.
    Well, it's not looking good (no pun intended ). My IT guy had it crash on him during the repro and had to do another hard reset. Then it seemed to finish up successfully, but it gave me the same GL assert seconds after he handed it back to me. I heard the "beep," but the screen was black. He said, "What beeped?" I turned on the phone to see the assert on the screen.

I have a feeling I'm going to be making a trip to the Cingular store today. That raises another question, though. Currently, my provider is ATTWS ("Cingular Blue") and I have a 32k SIM card. If I swap my (apparently faulty) phone for a "Cingular Orange" phone and get the 64k SIM, will GL still work just fine with my company's setup? In other words, I suppose, does GL care what provider I use?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenoise
    Well, it's not looking good (no pun intended ). My IT guy had it crash on him during the repro and had to do another hard reset. Then it seemed to finish up successfully, but it gave me the same GL assert seconds after he handed it back to me. I heard the "beep," but the screen was black. He said, "What beeped?" I turned on the phone to see the assert on the screen.

I have a feeling I'm going to be making a trip to the Cingular store today. That raises another question, though. Currently, my provider is ATTWS ("Cingular Blue") and I have a 32k SIM card. If I swap my (apparently faulty) phone for a "Cingular Orange" phone and get the 64k SIM, will GL still work just fine with my company's setup? In other words, I suppose, does GL care what provider I use?
    GL doesn't care who your provider is. Make sure they port your phone number to the new phone though.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    If you get a new SIM card, your IT guy will have to remove your GoodLink account as GL ties your email address to the IMSI number of a GSM SIM. They should also delete your cached data on the GoodLink server. Sometimes provisioning gets stuck when it sees more than one IMSI number associated to an email address.

Speaking from 200+ GoodLink installs of experience...
    Quote Originally Posted by ea0423
    If you get a new SIM card, your IT guy will have to remove your GoodLink account as GL ties your email address to the IMSI number of a GSM SIM. They should also delete your cached data on the GoodLink server. Sometimes provisioning gets stuck when it sees more than one IMSI number associated to an email address.

Speaking from 200+ GoodLink installs of experience...
    Thanks for the advice. BTW, does your username give a hint to where you work? If so, we may be at the same company.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    No, it keeps me from dealing with my wife (anniversary date...)
    Ah. I thought the first two letters might have been company-related. The reason I was wondering is that I can't seem to get anyone in our telecom department to call me back regarding Cingular compatibility. While GL should work with Cingular, I need to make sure my company's policy will allow it.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    We are running GoodLink on Cingular (Blue & Orange), Sprint, Verizon, tMobile, Rogers, and Bell Mobility. You should be fine.
    Ah. I thought the first two letters might have been company-related. The reason I was wondering is that I can't seem to get anyone in our telecom department to call me back regarding Cingular compatibility. While GL should work with Cingular, I need to make sure my company's policy will allow it.
    You will want to check with your IT Group/Telecom to see if they have purchased GoodLink through the Carrier or directly from Good. If they purchased through the carrier they had to pay a onetime fee for the server license which is "tied" to that carrier, basically pay fee for server that allows them to buy client license for X$. If your on a different carrier then they will need to pay the fee and then buy license, which is not reasonable for 1 user. If they purchased directly from Good, they just buy a license and it doesn't care what carrier.
    Does anybody know a way to shutdown the goodlink client to stop it from taking up resources in the Treo650 when you dont need it (so it gives back the 8Mb of DBcache its using)...

the reason is I normally have it running all the time, but when I'm driving I like to use pocket tunes and TT5 (and obviously shouldnt be reading emails)...Between PT, TT5 and Good it takes all the cache and the treo often resets...of course the reset solves the problem ....but I would prefer just to shutdown Good when I get in the car

thx
    Steve
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    Does anybody know a way to shutdown the goodlink client to stop it from taking up resources in the Treo650 when you dont need it (so it gives back the 8Mb of DBcache its using)...

the reason is I normally have it running all the time, but when I'm driving I like to use pocket tunes and TT5 (and obviously shouldnt be reading emails)...Between PT, TT5 and Good it takes all the cache and the treo often resets...of course the reset solves the problem ....but I would prefer just to shutdown Good when I get in the car

thx
    Steve
    Nope. This is something that needs to be addressed. You can't shut it down. So to use some of the other big apps, you need to reset. That's not awful... but what's awful is the 3-4 minutes I have to wait the next time I restart Good while it checks all the emails because it shut down abnormally.

We need to at least be able to remove it from memory when we don't need it for a while!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I have a new Treo 650. IT at my company installed Goodlink on my Treo. I was told that I should never try to sync to my home computer (no rationale given). I have not yet installed Palm Desktop on my home PC.
    I am concerned if I install the Palm Desktop software at home and then try to sync or add new programs to the Treo, I will mess up the Goodlink installation, cause other problems, etc.
    Can someone give me any advice ?? I would really like to at least be able to add additional programs, ringtones, etc. Thanks for any help.
    Since GoodLink will wirelessly sync your email, contacts, notes, to dos, and calendar to Outlook, you probably don't want those conduits enabled during a hotsync. Doing so would duplicate all that information between the GoodLink database and the native email/contacts/notes/to dos/calendar databases. Other than that, there shouldn't be any conflicts.
  15.    #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    You will want to check with your IT Group/Telecom to see if they have purchased GoodLink through the Carrier or directly from Good. If they purchased through the carrier they had to pay a onetime fee for the server license which is "tied" to that carrier, basically pay fee for server that allows them to buy client license for X$. If your on a different carrier then they will need to pay the fee and then buy license, which is not reasonable for 1 user. If they purchased directly from Good, they just buy a license and it doesn't care what carrier.
    This is incorrect. If you have a server from either Good or a carrier, all you need are client access licenses from a carrier. If you are on Sprint or Cingular, you will need to buy through the carrier. Verizon and T-Mobile, through Good.
    Does the latest version of Goodlink support Windows Mobile 5.0 devices? I just ordered a Sprint PPC-6700, which I should have tomorrow. Can I set this up on Good right away, or do I have to wait until the next release?

Update: I showed my phone to my employer's Cingular rep and he confirmed the hardware appeared to be faulty. I should be receiving the warranty replacement today. He and the telecom rep from my company pointed out a new rule at my work, though. Employees are not allowed to run GL on personal equipment or with personal carrier accounts. Remedy? The company is issuing me a new Treo 650 this week and taking over my account. I'm certainly not complaining.

Thanks again, everyone, for all your help in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    This is incorrect. If you have a server from either Good or a carrier, all you need are client access licenses from a carrier. If you are on Sprint or Cingular, you will need to buy through the carrier. Verizon and T-Mobile, through Good.
    If have a server from Good and don't need monthly billing - buy the client license from Good. If you want monthly billing and have a server from Good then you will be subject to onetime charge for Sprint and Cingular - but work with your carrier and see if they will negotiate.

Sorry miss quoted, but their is a one-time fee you will need to pay for Sprint and Cingular for the right to buy the client license at discount and support. Both vary by carrier. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1834917,00.asp

At the present, no onetime fee is required for carriers beyond Sprint and Cingular as other carriers presently have not opted to offer GoodLink. But these things change.
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjhahn
    Does the latest version of Goodlink support Windows Mobile 5.0 devices? I just ordered a Sprint PPC-6700, which I should have tomorrow. Can I set this up on Good right away, or do I have to wait until the next release?
    Good question. We announced support for WM 5.0, but I am hearing that our next release in October will support it.
    I have the unfortunate pleasure of needing to have my Treo and sim warrenty replaced and I have the backup but when I go to insert the SD module into the phone it comes up and says:
    The serial number on the memory card:IMSI:#####'s does not match the serial number on the handheld: IMSI:different####'s

How do I get my goodlink to restore to the new Treo 650?