Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1232
    I've asked this question before, but still no answer. Is there any reason why when I use my collapsable keyboard with my 650 that typing in Goodlink email is so incredibly slow?...it takes quite some seconds for the text to appear.

Another question is does anyone know if there's a way to delete mail that's in the outbox?...i sometimes want to delete an email from the outbox after it's been posted, but can't.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Mr. Good,

Care to comment on the purchase of PalmSource and what it means to Good?

Thanks!
    Mr. Good,

Care to comment on the recent rumor of layoffs at Good?

Thanks!
    Hi GoodGuy. Its has taken me nearly a year and a half to come back to the Treo. With the Treo 600 issues...and the lack of IT support for it, I've been a diehard BlackBerry user. This is my first post in quite a while!

I've been a GSM Treo 650 + GoodLink 4.0.0.59 user for about two weeks now and I'm pretty happy with both.

HOWEVER, I'm having the same video problem that's been mentioned in this thread 3 or 4 times. 352x288 mode does not work if GoodLink is loaded, so I can only conclude that this is GoodLink problem. If I reset my devices, and don't load GoodLink, video mode works great in both resolutions. Once GoodLink loads, the 352x288 mode no longer works.

I know you're doing everything humanly possible to answer all replies to this thread...and I think you're doing an outstanding job. However, I've seen little attention given to this issues...even though it appears on several message boards, including the one run on the Palm site. Do you think you could check into this issue for us?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrimse
    Mr. Good,

Care to comment on the recent rumor of layoffs at Good?

Thanks!
    No rumor - layed off 80%

For the Paid Good Technology version of the article:
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/09/09/HNgood_1.html

Non-paid version:
    http://www.newsobserver.com/business...-9232155c.html
    It is my hope that our Mr. Good is one of the remaining 50...

I don't think 100 of 150 = 80% thats more like 60% isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDude
    It is my hope that our Mr. Good is one of the remaining 50...

I don't think 100 of 150 = 80% thats more like 60% isn't it?

GoodGuy made it

"Approximately 80 percent of the direct sales force was let go, as many as 175 or more employees, according to two sources." from infoweek article.

Only 20 people left in Raleigh from what I heard. Some sales and lead generation. Raleigh employed 100+- people.
  8.    #988  
    Folks,

I hope you can understand that we are currently going through some major transition and I am attempting to get my arms around a great deal. Kind of like trying to stuff an octopus into a ziplock baggie. My bottom line goal is to maintain the level of customer service that our customers have come to expect, however, that is going to take a bit as I learn what resources I have remaining. I will address questions regarding GoodLink as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.
    GoodGuy,

I think that I speak for many of us when I say that we appreciate your help, comments, insight and viral support/marketing for the Good Technology products. I hope that through any turmoil and change at your company you can keep this conduit open. Not only has it been helpful to us, the users of the products, but I am sure that it is a plus for Good Technology as you/they figure out new features and problems with the product.

Thanks again!
    Hi, Goodguy-

I appreciate your presence here on this board and I am sorry about the rough times at Good right now.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread by another poster, I am also getting the following fatal error:

Fatal Error
    c:\build\release\ota\4_0_0\build_59\client_server_all\gx\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:536 GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @ 1430
    The only way to move on from this point is a soft reset. I'm running the latest firmware and I've tried a hard reset + restore to no avail. This is happening at least once a day. Over the weekend, it happened at least eight times. What do I need to tell my IT folks in order to get my Treo 650 working smoothly again?

Thanks
    I've had that error 2 or 3 times since I've had my 650 - most recently earlier today. For me, each time it was a case of not enough free memory when GoodLink started up.

In this case, it's the amount of cache memory which is not the same as the amount reported by the Palm Launcher. This cache memory is sort of a buffer between the regular (fast) dynamic ram and the flash/nvfs (slow) memory. Unfortunately, when it fills, the Treo acts just as if the dynamic ram was full - that leads to situations like these.

There may be other root causes of that error, but if your situation is related to free memory, it hopefully is solvable. I assume that you've had GoodLink working fine in the past, correct?

First, I'd check what background/always running apps you have installed. Each of them takes up some memory before GL starts, so if you've added any recently, that may have been what started it. I would first disable them and start GL immediately after a soft reset to see if it comes up without the error. Then gradually, enable those apps to see if the error comes back.

There are a few more options that get more complicated, but it's best to start with the simple things. Hopefully this will help.

Again, if there is something else causing this error, you can ignore this post. It just sounds very familiar with what happened to me earlier today. HTH
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Here is a question. I upgraded to goodlink 4.5 on a treo 650 with Cingular. Several times a day I need to re-establish the data connection by turning off the phone and then back on. This was not the case as frequently with the previous version. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I've had that error 2 or 3 times since I've had my 650 - most recently earlier today. For me, each time it was a case of not enough free memory when GoodLink started up.

In this case, it's the amount of cache memory which is not the same as the amount reported by the Palm Launcher. This cache memory is sort of a buffer between the regular (fast) dynamic ram and the flash/nvfs (slow) memory. Unfortunately, when it fills, the Treo acts just as if the dynamic ram was full - that leads to situations like these.

There may be other root causes of that error, but if your situation is related to free memory, it hopefully is solvable. I assume that you've had GoodLink working fine in the past, correct?

First, I'd check what background/always running apps you have installed. Each of them takes up some memory before GL starts, so if you've added any recently, that may have been what started it. I would first disable them and start GL immediately after a soft reset to see if it comes up without the error. Then gradually, enable those apps to see if the error comes back.

There are a few more options that get more complicated, but it's best to start with the simple things. Hopefully this will help.

Again, if there is something else causing this error, you can ignore this post. It just sounds very familiar with what happened to me earlier today. HTH
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I've removed Butler after reading your post as I had just added it a couple of weeks ago. I was unable to run GL at all today because I'd get that assert each time I tried to access my email or calendar. All weekend, I was also getting crashes due to overlocked handles, so maybe it's all related to Butler not playing nice with the rest of the system.

I'll see how it goes for the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenoise
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I've removed Butler after reading your post as I had just added it a couple of weeks ago. I was unable to run GL at all today because I'd get that assert each time I tried to access my email or calendar. All weekend, I was also getting crashes due to overlocked handles, so maybe it's all related to Butler not playing nice with the rest of the system.

I'll see how it goes for the next few days.
    Hmmm, I've had Butler installed longer than I've had GoodLink and have never seen any incompatibility between them. Butler is a relatively small app, so I don't think it would be big enough to cause the memory problem I described.

If you launch GL immediately after a soft reset and this still happens, the root cause may not be related to the amount of free memory available. Try this:
    1. Install the free MemoryInfo app if you don't have it already.
    2. Do a soft reset to establish a baseline.
    3. Run MemoryInfo and write down the following numbers:
    a. "Total Free" under the Storage Heap (Flash) section
    b. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the NVFS Cache (RAM) section
    c. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the Dynamic Heap (RAM) section
    4. Do a soft reset again to reset the baseline
    5. Fire up Good
    6. Do step #3 again
    7. Post the numbers from steps 3 and 6

No guarantees, but that might help determine if it's a low memory problem or not. If not, we'll have to see what GoodGuy says.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Hmmm, I've had Butler installed longer than I've had GoodLink and have never seen any incompatibility between them. Butler is a relatively small app, so I don't think it would be big enough to cause the memory problem I described.

If you launch GL immediately after a soft reset and this still happens, the root cause may not be related to the amount of free memory available. Try this:
    1. Install the free MemoryInfo app if you don't have it already.
    2. Do a soft reset to establish a baseline.
    3. Run MemoryInfo and write down the following numbers:
    a. "Total Free" under the Storage Heap (Flash) section
    b. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the NVFS Cache (RAM) section
    c. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the Dynamic Heap (RAM) section
    4. Do a soft reset again to reset the baseline
    5. Fire up Good
    6. Do step #3 again
    7. Post the numbers from steps 3 and 6

No guarantees, but that might help determine if it's a low memory problem or not. If not, we'll have to see what GoodGuy says.
    Step 3:
    a. "Total Free" under the Storage Heap (Flash) section: 10268KB
    b. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the NVFS Cache (RAM) section: 10800KB, 10785KB respectively
    c. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the Dynamic Heap (RAM): 4959KB, 4916KB respectively

Step 6:
    b. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the NVFS Cache (RAM) section: 4285KB, 4281KB respectively
    c. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the Dynamic Heap (RAM): 3077KB, 3060KB respectively

Note, I've unstalled Butler, so it's not included in these numbers. Thanks again for your help!
    Step 3:
    b. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the NVFS Cache (RAM) section: 10800KB, 10785KB respectively
    c. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the Dynamic Heap (RAM): 4959KB, 4916KB respectively

Step 6:
    b. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the NVFS Cache (RAM) section: 4285KB, 4281KB respectively
    c. "Total Free" and "Largest Free Chunk" under the Dynamic Heap (RAM): 3077KB, 3060KB respectively

Note, I've unstalled Butler, so it's not included in these numbers. Thanks again for your help!
    Well, that certainly looks normal. In fact, your 6b numbers are way better than mine, and since I don't regularly get the error message, your situation may not be related to a low memory problem. I was thinking that perhaps your 3b numbers were <6500KB which would mean there wasn't enough ram for GL to load and init.

What other 3rd party apps do you have installed? Perhaps there is a conflict with one of them.

Not sure if you've done this before or not, but I suppose another option is to reprovision GL on your Treo. Perhaps something got munged the first time.
    Since uninstalling Butler this morning, it's been running smoothly. I'll keep an eye on the memory (thanks for the link to that tool) periodically and see if it creeps down. Perhaps one of my apps has a memory leak. Certainly that rash of overlocked handles over the weekend points to that possibility.

My IT guy was going to reprovision my GL, but we haven't done it yet. I've been running GL on this phone since the day the 650 became available for ATTWS. I was fearing the recent run of problems was due to a hardware failure.
    Since uninstalling Butler this morning, it's been running smoothly. I'll keep an eye on the memory (thanks for the link to that tool) periodically and see if it creeps down. Perhaps one of my apps has a memory leak. Certainly that rash of overlocked handles over the weekend points to that possibility.

My IT guy was going to reprovision my GL, but we haven't done it yet. I've been running GL on this phone since the day the 650 became available for ATTWS. I was fearing the recent run of problems was due to a hardware failure.
    The overlocked handles makes me wonder if the problem is somewhere else - perhaps hardware. I don't know much about the whole locking thing, but take a look here (couple of post down from the top) for some hopefully relevant info.
    From what I've read elsewhere, the handle overlocked error occurs when something tries to lock a handle more than fourteen times without unlocking it. I've seen other chat boards say that this means the hardware is faulty, but the Palm developer's sites only describe it as the handle is being locked too many times.
    Well, I'm still having troubles. The phone crashed with an "overlocked handle" while running Goodlink around 2:00 last night. It then gave me the assert this morning when I went to check my mail. After reset, the mail and calendar buttons were back to factory instead of being mapped to GL. My Bluetooth<->car connection was broken and had to be re-paired when I got in my car. I'm going to have IT re-provision my GL ASAP.

One thing I noticed while playing with MemoryInfo was the way one of my games, which lives on a memory card, doesn't free up NVFS Cache (RAM). It seems to grab about 2000K and it doesn't come back, even after quitting the game. However, I didn't run it after a soft-reset and I still got another GL assert.