Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I apologize for my misunderstanding. You said 'tap', so I assumed you were tapping, be it with a finger or the stylus. Using your scenario to where you have made your call, you have option-phone to where you are now looking at the contact you just dialed. I hit option-phone (in my case, I have it set up to option-email) should take you right back to the contact listing screen. At least it does for me.
    It did for me with 4.0.3.6.

It no longer does that with 4.5.0.65. When I hit option-phone the second time, it "flashes" the screen and just goes right back to the contact I was looking at.

-jd
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles

It no longer does that with 4.5.0.65. When I hit option-phone the second time, it "flashes" the screen and just goes right back to the contact I was looking at.

-jd
    Hmm...I am running 4.5.0.63 (dunno why we haven't been pushed .65 yet) and it works on my 600. Let me get with someone with a 650 and .65 and check it on theirs.

-jd
    One of my partners has a Treo 600 (Verizon CDMA) and his Contacts behave like they did previously.

Don't know if it matters, but:
    * I did an upgrade via "Goodlink Applications" push,
    * His was going too slow, so we just re-ran OTASetup

I might play with this some more, looks like the behavior I am experiencing was unintended.

-jd
    One of my partners has a Treo 600 (Verizon CDMA) and his Contacts behave like they did previously.

Don't know if it matters, but:
    * I did an upgrade via "Goodlink Applications" push,
    * His was going too slow, so we just re-ran OTASetup

I might play with this some more, looks like the behavior I am experiencing was unintended.

-jd
    For what it's worth, I re-ran OTASetup on my Treo 650 (Sprint CDMA) and have the same behavior when pressing the Contacts shortcut multiple times. I have the same behavior even if I change the Contact shortcut (I tried the Mail key, minus the option).

GoodGuy, let me know what you find on your colleage's Treo 650s. I will try a hard reset and fresh OTASetup later tonight. I don't have the time right now.

-jd
    Goodguy,

We are running 3 servers in our firm. After we upgraded them to 4.0, one of the servers 1. Is running very slow 2. Generate error messages when doing an cable setup.

1. The performance is very slow on the server. It takes almost 4 minutes just to lauch the GMC and the lag time is horrible. Just to view the details of a user takes mins to load. The hardware on the server is well above normal, I have already checked this. In fact, this server is more powerful that the other two that are working great. Are there some things I can check?

2. On this same server, as soon as the 4.o software starts to load on the Treo we recieve the following error message:

"An error occured while getting provisioning data for the user. Please make sure the user information is entered correctly in the business system."

Then it gives us the path to the error log file.

Now we can provision OTA fine on this server, but any office that tries to provsion cabled are getting this message. I have cleared the cache files, even cleared some user cache files from the previous Treo user so it doesnt affect the new user using the same device. Any other ideas?

Thanks
  6.    #906  
    jogerson,

This is one I would recommend contacting tech support as they would be better equipped to troubleshoot.
    I was at a meeting yesterday and was trying to type an email using my ThinkOutside Keyboard, it would take like 7 seconds to barely recognize that the letter had been typed on the keyboard and then the screen would appear to almost get stuck. I switched to Documents to go to type in word to see if it was the same problem there and it was not...it was instantly fast as it always is. I also tried in the memo app and there was no problem there. Has anyone else experienced this or know why it's happening? (I use infrared, not bluetooth.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    My comany issued Goodlink equipped Treo 650s. One thing I need is to have the device vibrate for reminders. I like to leave the volume OFF during the day. Under Goodlink Preferences or Notification->Reminders, vibrate is not an option. Any way to get this functionality?

Bob
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by ae1m
    My comany issued Goodlink equipped Treo 650s. One thing I need is to have the device vibrate for reminders. I like to leave the volume OFF during the day. Under Goodlink Preferences or Notification->Reminders, vibrate is not an option. Any way to get this functionality?

Bob
    GoodLink does not support vibrating on calendar events/reminders, however TreoAlertMgr does support it and works with GoodLink.

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/
    ok now my GL on my treo (under prefs/appliations) says goodlink ver 4.5.0.65. when i tap on install it tells me a new version of goodlink is ready to install. handheld needs to be reset during installation. do i want to install. i tap on yes and the treo soft resets and nothing happens. so now the installer is crashing my treo?
  11.    #911  
    does it soft reset? What shows in the prefs_>about?
    yes it soft resets. or at least it "reboots". when it comes back up, nothing happens. i hope you don't want me to type out the whole thing under prefs/about goodlink. there are all legal information in about goodlink

does the gl server need to be upgraded to 4.5 first before the handheld?
    Last edited by islandsnow; 08/11/2005 at 11:17 PM.
  13.    #913  
    No..What version is showing.
    No..What version is showing.
    i was on 4.0.x prior. thats okay though, i ended up hard resetting, then running the OTA again. so now i am on 4.5...

does the version 4.5 GL contacts "play" well with the native palm contacts now? seems like i deleted the GL contacts to be able to get to my palm contacts and then everything broke. when i tried to start agendus pro, it complained about a database missing. i couldn't hotsync without errors. so i hard reset (AGAIN) and then reinstalled GL without deleting the GL contacts and i am able to actually access both now.
  15.    #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    i was on 4.0.x prior. thats okay though, i ended up hard resetting, then running the OTA again. so now i am on 4.5...

does the version 4.5 GL contacts "play" well with the native palm contacts now? seems like i deleted the GL contacts to be able to get to my palm contacts and then everything broke. when i tried to start agendus pro, it complained about a database missing. i couldn't hotsync without errors. so i hard reset (AGAIN) and then reinstalled GL without deleting the GL contacts and i am able to actually access both now.

Uhhh...not that I know of. This was a busy week so I didn't get a chance to check on someone with a 650 and see how 4.5 was working and I will be out of town on business all next week, but will see what I can find out.
    After installing the GoodLink software today, I am having various issues on my Treo 650:

After doing a hotsync and then trying to initalize GoodLink, I get c:\build\release\maxwell\4_5_0\build_65\client_server_all\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:238 GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @654.

I click OK from there, but I am in a loop so I have to hard reset. I am not sure if Maxwell is a person or a build machine, but I find it odd that I would be getting asserts in production code. This just seems sloppy to me unless this is beta code and you are trying to learn something here. I am running build 4.5.0.65. Is the code typically built with asserts?

If I try to run Hotsync after GoodLink is running, I occasionally also get errors.

It appears to me that the GoodLink software is not that stable, but I only have 2.2megs free. The FAQ doesn't list a limitation, but is there a recommendation here. Maybe I can dump stuff like Word to Go and Sheets to Go if GoodLink already does the translation and get better results with more memory.

I also wished this worked with TakePhone so I didn't have to keep sync'ing my contacts. That is a pain. I have all my contacts organized by categories and GoodLink doesn't seem to care about that. ;-(

Thanks,
    Darrell
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius
    GoodGuy,

My company just got the GoodLink sw. I have been a treo user for about 2 years. I was syncing my info between home and work on my 600. With Good, how do I set up my computers to sync the contact and calendar info now? Work is done with GoodLink, what can I do for my home?

thx
    Claudius
    Me three as for this question, but I am on a TREO 650 w/ Sprint. Was an answer ever posted? Thanks in advance.
    I have been asking this question for months now. I have to keep both GL and KeySuite on my phone in order to get categories and ALL phone numbers for a contact, or Notes Color (plus no Note 2k limit!!).

c'mon GoodGuy, its not enough just to make GL do what Windows Mobile does. we need it better so that we can free up more memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by ae1m

Bob
    This is a big problem for me as well and I've never been able to get TreoAlertMgr to work in this way. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. This effectively renders my Treo useless for reminders. According to GoodGuy this is not fixed in the 4.5 release.
    Hmm...I am running 4.5.0.63 (dunno why we haven't been pushed .65 yet) and it works on my 600. Let me get with someone with a 650 and .65 and check it on theirs.
    Goodguy, did you get a chance to do this yet?

I was considering a hard reset later today.

I'm sure you saw the other steps I took, as well?

-jd