Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1232
  1. tcatnat's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #861  
    Didn't work, any other thoughts? Has anyone else been successful doing this.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  2. tcatnat's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #862  
    This is weird. I restored my Treo from a backup point using BackupMan and got the GL Today screen functionality back on the calendar button. However, as soon as I leave GL and go to another app or the phone the calendar defaults back to Palm. Another restore and the same exact thing happens. This never happened before when using GL.

    What the heck is happenning. I want my Today screen back.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  3. tcatnat's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #863  
    I just contacted Good support and they replied that there is no way to do this without hard ressetting the phone. Great, my flight leaves in 2 hours.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  4. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #864  
    Goodguy,

    Is there anyway to assign the Email Notification Icon to Goodlink? This is the Icon that Versamail and Sprint BC use to display the number of unread messages.

    Thanks
    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  5. #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    As for taking less space, remember, only the first 2K of an email message (those over 2K) are sent to the device and when memory becomes an issue, the oldest messages on the device are removed (still in Outlook, just not on the Treo).
    I've long been a Goodlink customer using a G100 (or whatever the hardware units y'all used to sell were called) but now I use it on my new Treo 650. (A huge improvement, by the way.)

    GoodGuy, can you tell me how this works with deleting old messages? In other words, how many messages will the e-mail application typically save before it starts deleting old ones from the unit? And if this depends upon the Palm memory, how does that work, because for me, that is always changing as I add and delete applications.

    -Jeff
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny
    Goodguy,

    Is there anyway to assign the Email Notification Icon to Goodlink? This is the Icon that Versamail and Sprint BC use to display the number of unread messages.

    Thanks
    MS
    No. The only place that shows unread messages is on the GoodLink Home screen.
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRichardson
    I've long been a Goodlink customer using a G100 (or whatever the hardware units y'all used to sell were called) but now I use it on my new Treo 650. (A huge improvement, by the way.)

    GoodGuy, can you tell me how this works with deleting old messages? In other words, how many messages will the e-mail application typically save before it starts deleting old ones from the unit? And if this depends upon the Palm memory, how does that work, because for me, that is always changing as I add and delete applications.

    -Jeff
    I don't know of an exact number or messages or memory limits where messages are deleted from the device. I asked about this before and my engineers don't know either. I can tell you I have seen devices with thousands of messages.
  8. #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I don't know of an exact number or messages or memory limits where messages are deleted from the device. I asked about this before and my engineers don't know either. I can tell you I have seen devices with thousands of messages.
    There is some info on this in the GL user manual. As I recall, there aren't specific numbers, but it does describe the priority of which items get stored the longest. Email in the "Deleted Items" folder naturally has the lowest priority, so it'll be the first to get deleted from the Treo (not the server) to make room for new items.

    It probably isn't possible to get an exact figure since the size of each item is different but the size of the db that holds it all is fixed (~6.5MB with v4.0.0.59 on a 650).
  9. #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    This is weird. I restored my Treo from a backup point using BackupMan and got the GL Today screen functionality back on the calendar button. However, as soon as I leave GL and go to another app or the phone the calendar defaults back to Palm. Another restore and the same exact thing happens. This never happened before when using GL.

    What the heck is happenning. I want my Today screen back.
    I assume you already verified that the calendar button assignment in Preferences->Buttons points to " Calendar", correct? Note that the GL calendar app name starts with a blank so that it is the first one in the drop-down list. The Palm "Calendar" appears further down the list.
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 08/01/2005 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling
  10. #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    It probably isn't possible to get an exact figure since the size of each item is different but the size of the db that holds it all is fixed (~6.5MB with v4.0.0.59 on a 650).
    When Good views an attachment to an e-mail (either through regular view or "high quality" view) does that document just take up a part of the ~6.5MB? My guess is that it must because I cannot figure out where else the file might be on my Palm, but it is definitely somewhere because I can come back to it without re-downloading. (I realize that I can explicitly choose to download it to the card if I want a copy of the file outside of the Good environment.)

    -Jeff
  11. #871  
    GoodGuy,

    I am using Treo650 and Goodlink4.0.3.6. As Treo650 do not have wifi capability like the PPC,Goodlink (palm) only possible via GSM/GPRS. Recently I manage to get the reverse DUN over bluetooth working where I get blazing speed connecting to the internet using access via my PC. However, I found that Goodlink (palm) still cannot access via reverse DUN bluetooth method. Can you provide some insight and advice how can we get this working as it will definitely help in lower GPRS data cost...
  12.    #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRichardson
    When Good views an attachment to an e-mail (either through regular view or "high quality" view) does that document just take up a part of the ~6.5MB? My guess is that it must because I cannot figure out where else the file might be on my Palm, but it is definitely somewhere because I can come back to it without re-downloading. (I realize that I can explicitly choose to download it to the card if I want a copy of the file outside of the Good environment.)

    -Jeff
    It is stored on the device until you delete the email out of your inbox.
  13.    #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoSG1
    GoodGuy,

    I am using Treo650 and Goodlink4.0.3.6. As Treo650 do not have wifi capability like the PPC,Goodlink (palm) only possible via GSM/GPRS. Recently I manage to get the reverse DUN over bluetooth working where I get blazing speed connecting to the internet using access via my PC. However, I found that Goodlink (palm) still cannot access via reverse DUN bluetooth method. Can you provide some insight and advice how can we get this working as it will definitely help in lower GPRS data cost...
    GoodLink isn't able to support this configuration. Th0ughts here are it ends up being similar to when you cradle a PPC device as the PC takes over the session and GoodLink is looking to the radio for data.
  14. #874  
    GoodGuy,

    Thanks for doing this. I participate in some projects involving numerous people spanning several organizations. We often use fairly long email lists, tweaking them from email to email based on the specific specialties required to deal with each email, and sometimes tweaking them to delete people who should not receive an email. I need to review who is getting my emails -- so I need to be able to see the full lists. And I frequently need to send responses to the relevant whole group. However, when I get an email sent to such a list, GoodLink cuts off the list at about 30 entries with a Note saying "Additional Addressees Not Displayed". And the "Reply All" button and menu item is missing on such emails. Is this a feature of Goodlink? or is it something my IT people did. And how do I fix it -- I really need to see and use the whole list, and be able to reply to the whole list. Thanks.
  15.    #875  
    Never heard nor seen that one. Something tells me it is a GoodLink default setting that can't be modified. Let me do some digging.
  16. Pegleg's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #876  
    Is there any way to use a *.wav file as a tone?

    Thanks!

    GL v. 3.8.0.18
  17. #877  
    I have a solution for viewing PDFs on your Treo or Treo 650.

    Check out my blog post:
    http://jeremiahcook.blogspot.com/200...-for-treo.html
  18. #878  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91360

    Can the issue brought up above be fixed? It's forcing my Treo 650 to crash at least once a day.

    Thanks.
  19. #879  
    Goodguy,

    I have the 650 running Goodlink. My phone crashes 10x per day. After weeks of trying to find the cause, it seems that Goodlink is the issue. I only use one other non-Palm app (KeySuite, becuase it stores EVERY Outlook field including Notes Color and Contact category which are critical to me). I have over 4,000 contacts and a diary that goes back 7 years (I need this info). Goodlink seems to take up all the available DBCache.

    Is there a solution here? Will 4.5 solve this?

    Also, when will Good sync ALL Outlook fields? Have a look at what KeySuite does (i think their entire MMI is much easier to use than Goodlink). If GL did all this then it really would be a better product.
  20. #880  
    I'm posting this here in case anyone is reading this here too:

    MEMORY, MEMORY, MEMORY. Anyone have any suggestions for this? I'm a mobile employee that uses his Treo as a virtual office.
    FOR WORK PURPOSES, I USE:
    -SmartList for Database sync
    -Documents to Go for all of the obvious reasons.
    -Verichat because I use MSN messenger and Aol Messenger to connect with outside consultants on the fly
    -Vindigo because I'm always in a different city, etc.
    -Avantgo for news.

    I have no memory to run all of these apps. I'm using a 1gb Sd Card, but with the exception of Avantgo, all of these programs have to be run from the phone and not the card. Smartlist can contain the database on the card, but I think the app itself has to reside on the phone. Does anyone know of a way to make this work...Goodlink is good (w/the exception of the not attaching files on outgoing emails), but it's rendering my treo virtually usesless and not much more than a blackberry.
    Waynew73

    (m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!

Posting Permissions