Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1232
  1.    #841  
    I have contacted our tech team as well as Dataviz to see what the deal is with this
  2. #842  
    Does anyone experience this problem with syncing: when i read an email in Outlook 2003, the Treo 650 (Verizon) DOES NOT mark the email read. When i read an email on the Treo, my Outlook client DOES mark the email read.

    I knew there was a fix for this with the old Exchange Server back in 2003, but this Exchange server is the latest version.

    Question - is there a fix?
    Question 2 - is there a command line or other way to manually re-sync mail (like you can with getcal)?

    Thanks for any help.
  3.    #843  
    That is strange. Let me ask here if we have heard of that and if so, is there a fix. You can always use the reprov command to resync all mail.
  4. #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Quick question. Do people out there without GL, running D2G and AIP on the card, have the same issue? Also, those of you with GL with this issue, if you have the image or the PPT to the card, does it open?
    Goodguy,

    Thanks for helping out with this issue.

    In answer to your second question above. Yes, if I select Download to Card, and then go and open the app (DTG Slideshow-to-Go or Acid Image), and locate the file, it does open and display properly.
  5. JIA
    JIA is offline
    JIA's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #845  
    Dear GoodGuy,
    Thanks for setting up this thread. I am using Goodlink on a Teeo 650. It has been working perfectly. I am leaving the country on a vacation soon, and cannot get a straight answer about the cost of having my Treo constantly communicating with my home server to relay e-mail messages. Cingular tells me that neither it nor Good will charge me anything, but that I will incur international roaming charges for the data. I can't get any information on the amounts of charges (are we talking tens of dollars or hundreds of dollars per week?). Cingular also told me that I would have to keep telling it, or my local foreign carrier, where I was (the phone will not automatically alert the local carrier of its presence). That seems very peculiar.
    Any light that you could shed on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
  6.    #846  
    There is no additional charge for GL international. As long as the carrier you would be roaming on offers data and supports the 650, Global Connect will ensure that GoodLink continues to connect. As for international roaming charges, I have no idea. We are, at last count, on about 115 carriers in over 55 countrie because of Global Connect.
  7. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #847  
    Hey GoodGuy -

    I'm seeing that some Good software is installed with the Cingular upgrade. Does this help with the memory footprint?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  8.    #848  
    No. That one caught me off guard, too. I think it is simply a way to order GoodLink.
  9. #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    That is strange. Let me ask here if we have heard of that and if so, is there a fix. You can always use the reprov command to resync all mail.
    I checked the reprov command (from Good's FAQ) which states that its effect is: Needs a secret key if you are not a good employee. This will erase ALL user data and reprovision the device using the same information that was used for the last provision attempt.

    UberLogs survive a reprov, so it is safe to reprov to get a device working and later, when provisioned, to use the elogs command to get the logs off the device.

    I don't know what the last provision attempt would mean. The last sync? I'd like to reprovision it to the state of the last hard reset (my first solution to getting my email properly sync'd). Would the reprov command do that? I'm also assuming that since you're recommending it, I don't in fact need a special key...

    Thanks, Steve
  10.    #850  
    reprove simply starts GoodLink over from scratch. All the information that you have in outlook (email, contacts, notes, tasks, and calendars) will sync up. Couple of caveats:

    Don't know why, but past calendar events will not be sync'd.
    If you are using folders, search this thread for the 'fetch' command to repopulate

    Basically what reprov does is a 'soft' reinstall of the software.
  11. #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    islandsnow..I have requested a list of all the components needed to remove GoodLink. Will let you know as soon as I get it,
    ok thanks goodguy. please do post those instructions!
  12.    #852  
    To remove GoodLink:
    Do a soft reset. Do not restart GoodLink

    Remove the following:

    GoodLink
    GoodPrefs
    Calendar
    Compose
    Contacts
    Email
    Notes
    Tasks
    GdInstall
    GdSerial
    GLInsMetaData
    GLLogDB
  13. #853  
    thanks, but can you also include the files thats on the sd card if you used the goodlink backup feature? the start.prc and location of the files it saves on the sd?

    i recently hard reset, and installed all my apps except for goodlink. i let it run for a while to made sure its stable and then made a backupman backup. gosh, GL sure sucks up a lot of battery life! before i re-installed goodlink, my battery life was still in the 90% range at the end of the day. after installing goodlink and having it running, my batterylife drops down to under 50% at the end of the day. and thats without even making any calls!

    at first i thought my battery was getting weak. but after hard resetting and testing it out without GL installed, i can tell its not my battery.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    To remove GoodLink:
    Do a soft reset. Do not restart GoodLink

    Remove the following:

    GoodLink
    GoodPrefs
    Calendar
    Compose
    Contacts
    Email
    Notes
    Tasks
    GdInstall
    GdSerial
    GLInsMetaData
    GLLogDB
  14. #854  
    Wow, I just spent the last hour pouring over this thread - great exchange of information - thanks!

    Like others, the GL Contacts has taken over every area of my Treo 650. I want to have my built-in contacts as the default for SMS, my favorites contact button, etc.

    From what I read, it seems that all I have to do is delete the "GL Contacts" from the Treo and my built-in contacts will be the default again, however I could still access my GL Contacts from the Goodlink program.

    Can someone tell me if this is true and if it is, what is the exact name of the file I should delete? I tried looking for it in Filez, but was not sure.

    Thanks for your help!
  15. #855  
    appreciate this forum...... i posted my questions earlier, after spending only a short time reading.... now see that you have answered some of these questions (repeatedly...) ...

    i would appreciate any insight you might give into how better to use the gig card.... and any utilities that you have found useful in dealing with the applications in ROM that are locked and that i don't use.

    original post:

    frustrated with palm OS and goodlink and cingular apps
    (treo 650, cingular - new update installed; and 1 gig card)

    since installing goodlink have had difficulty with memory. have several apps including: a drug database - epocrates, dataviz docs to go, and a med calc program installed along with goodlink.

    after installing the goodlink, it essentially fills up the RAM on the machine. then the other apps will not work due to lack of memory.

    questions?:

    is there a way to put the apps on the card? OR to put the data they call upon on the card? neither goodlink, nor epocrates seems to support this.

    is there away to free up memory by deleting the locked apps that come with the cingular service and with palm... that I don't use - versamail, xpress mail, the palm contacts, tasks, etc.......?

    any way to force that all pics only be stored on the card, and never "touch" the RAM?

    Goodguy -- can goodlink run from the card? or at least send all the email, calendar, tasks & contact data there??
    appreciate help & advice
    Last edited by dallasdoc; 07/30/2005 at 02:39 PM.
  16.    #856  
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    Wow, I just spent the last hour pouring over this thread - great exchange of information - thanks!

    Like others, the GL Contacts has taken over every area of my Treo 650. I want to have my built-in contacts as the default for SMS, my favorites contact button, etc.

    From what I read, it seems that all I have to do is delete the "GL Contacts" from the Treo and my built-in contacts will be the default again, however I could still access my GL Contacts from the Goodlink program.

    Can someone tell me if this is true and if it is, what is the exact name of the file I should delete? I tried looking for it in Filez, but was not sure.

    Thanks for your help!
    Go to the Palm delete page and delete contacts
  17. crawfpm's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #857  
    For the problem opening a PowerPoint attachment in GL when Docs to Go has been moved to the card. Try this: In the Dataviz Tech tool, there is an Advanced Options in the Options menu. Open that and move the following file back to RAM. PP_P2P. Now your PowerPoint attachments will open just fine. It is only a ~43k file so no big impact on RAM space.
  18. tcatnat's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #858  
    OK, my calendar button now defaults to the built in Palm calendar. How do I get it back to the GL today screen and calendar options? I thought I just read this here a few days ago but now I can't find it.

    HELP!
    Last edited by tcatnat; 07/30/2005 at 09:00 PM.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  19. #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm
    For the problem opening a PowerPoint attachment in GL when Docs to Go has been moved to the card. Try this: In the Dataviz Tech tool, there is an Advanced Options in the Options menu. Open that and move the following file back to RAM. PP_P2P. Now your PowerPoint attachments will open just fine. It is only a ~43k file so no big impact on RAM space.
    I tried this, but it did not seem to help. I still can't view a ppt using "View High Quality" unless DTG has been relocated to RAM.
  20.    #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    OK, my calendar button now defaults to the built in Palm calendar. How do I get it back to the GL today screen and calendar options? I thought I just read this here a few days ago but now I can't find it.

    HELP!
    Reprov the phone

Posting Permissions