Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    tomvb2000...

In the call log (at least on my 600 running v4.0 of GL), when I choose "Add Contact" defaults to the Good Contacts. I must be misunderstanding your request.
    Thanks for the info. Now can I ask one more related question?

What is the best solution for a single user outside of a corporate environment? Could be that I'll be out on my own doing consulting work soon and I want to be able to run an "Exchange-like" environment with the push and sync capabilities of Good on a Treo650. However, I doubt it would be cost effective for me to have my own personal server.

I've heard of mailstreet.com. Are there other similar opportunities or any other direction that should be explored?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    cgachuck..

The costs for the GoodLink server is $0. The license for you would be $330 for a single year license, and $542 for a two-year. Only issue would be getting a single seat license. We can and have done it in extenuating circumstances. A single-seat license, however, is tough to get approved, so I would recommend looking around the organization for other Treo users (typically the upper "C" level folks are getting them) or find a buddy in the IT department and get them to look at GoodLink as an alternative solution to BB. We can work with your company's carrier to get demo devices for a trial (5 users) and we offer a free 30-day, no obligation trial of the software. If they look at it, they will keep it. 90% of the people who try the software end up keeping it, ESPECIALLY Blackberry shops when they see the superior functionality, ease of use and the management capabilities.

Let me know if you need any additional ammo of if your IT department wants to speak to someone for more information.
  3.    #63  
    Chuck..

You are on the right track. Mailstreet and other companies offer a hosted Exchange/GoodLink products for folks that don't have access to their Exchange server or simply don't run Exchange. If you do a google search for goodlink hosting, you will find several companies that offer this as a solution.
    Great price comparison chart: http://www.lanlogic.net/wireless/good/

Bottom line, they show a Sprint Treo with Good to equal $57 a month and a BlackBerry with Good to equal $77 a month - basically due to the much lower data costs with Sprint.

For AT&T the Treo costs are $71 a month. Still cheaper than a BlackBerry.

Plus they seem to be unbiased - they sell both devices and service for both devices.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    cgachuck,

mailstreet is good but on the expensive side. they want $330 per year for goodlink with no discounts and $50 for setup. with goodlink directly you can get 2 years with discount and i tried to get the same discount from mailstreet and they didn't want to offer it.

alex
    Good Guy,

Based on the excitement here, we initiated a trial of Goodlink. I am on Day 3. we are running 3.8 on 650s (GSM). We notice that while the 650 is stable as shipped from Palm, Good causes several crashes.

It resets throughout the day, lasting at most about 4 hours. Even worse, when it restarts, the Good software doesn't always initialize, so the email stops flowing, without warning. Not looking for support, but have you heard of reliability issues with 3.8? The Treos are running no other software, just Good plus the stuff in ROM. (Versamail & Blazer aren't being used).

Also, 3 suggestions (maybe 4.0 addresses these):

1. Allow users to turn off synchronization of top-level folders (like Junk mail)?
    2. Provide a way to hide some of the folders, sine they all appear on the device, even if you have chosen not to sync them.
    3. Provide options for a 24-hour time format, day-month-year date format, a week that starts on Mondays and week numbers on the calendar.

The product has lots of promise, but I can't recommend it to execs until we cure the stability issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhanson
    Good Guy,

Based on the excitement here, we initiated a trial of Goodlink. I am on Day 3. we are running 3.8 on 650s (GSM). We notice that while the 650 is stable as shipped from Palm, Good causes several crashes.

It resets throughout the day, lasting at most about 4 hours. Even worse, when it restarts, the Good software doesn't always initialize, so the email stops flowing, without warning. Not looking for support, but have you heard of reliability issues with 3.8? The Treos are running no other software, just Good plus the stuff in ROM. (Versamail & Blazer aren't being used).

Also, 3 suggestions (maybe 4.0 addresses these):

1. Allow users to turn off synchronization of top-level folders (like Junk mail)?
    2. Provide a way to hide some of the folders, sine they all appear on the device, even if you have chosen not to sync them.
    3. Provide options for a 24-hour time format, day-month-year date format, a week that starts on Mondays and week numbers on the calendar.

The product has lots of promise, but I can't recommend it to execs until we cure the stability issues.

I have noticed the same symptoms on my Treo 650 but thought it was some other softwrae besides Goodlink that was causing it. I will need test this on my Treo. We have 15 users running the software and it's very stable on the Treo 600.

- Skippy -
  8.    #68  
    rhanson and skippy..

Interesting...have not heard of that issue and my first inclination would be to say it is a 650 issue, but since you say the 650's were stable until the install of GoodLink, I can't point that way. 3.8 has been very stable. Couple of questions:

1) What carrier are you using them on?
    2) Have you noticed anyting similar, such as it was while composing an email or while on the phone, etc., that is common among the crashes.

Definitely give tech support a call to check on it. I would hate for a simple fix, etc, to cause you to sour on the project during your trial.
    Goodguy - - you are the man...even though you didn't directly fix my problem, I'm amazed you respond to all of these. In any case, my IT folks put their collective heads together and found this solution (below) I am a happy Treo 650 GSM with Edge speed/ goodlink user now!!! I'm on a cloud with this thing! Hope others find this useful in their setups.

Title: All MAPI profiles are grayed out when provisioning from Desktop Installer

Symptom: When provisioning from Desktop Installer, all profiles are grayed out. When you try to select one and hit next, it errors ""This profile is not Goodlink enabled or you do not have access to the mailbox in this profile with default windows NT authentication."

Cause 1: MAPI profile for the Exchange mailbox is not configured for GoodLink access

Remedy 1: When using the desktop installer, you must first be logged intoWindows with a domain user account that has access to the MAPI profile that can access the user's Exchange mailbox on the Exchange Server. The desktop installer requires a direct MAPI connection to write GoodLink configuration information to the user's mailbox.

In the MAPI profile:

1. Verify Tools > Services > Delivery Tab, that messages are set to deliver to mailbox, NOT personal folder.
    2. Verify that "Automatically Detect connection state" is selected
    3. If it is a slow link connection, increase the "Seconds until Server connection timeout" to 120 from 30.
    4. Logon Network Security is set to "NT Password Authentication"
    5. Then try running GoodLink Desktop with Outlook open and connected to the mailbox using that profile.
    6. Make sure there is connectivity to the network.

(If user has more than one MAPI profile, go to Outlook2000 Tools->Options->Mail Services and select "Prompt for a profile to be used" and select his primary profile when connecting the Outlook)
  10.    #70  
    beetdigger..

I am glad you got a solution and you are a happy user. I will forward on your solution to our tech guys, though I tend to think with 4.0, since provisioning is done OTA, this may not be an issue, but one never knows.

Thanks!!
    Good Guy, good day...biz user on a t650 (firm has 20-30 users now)....PROBLEM: when i make a call and hang up, the screen defaults to the Goodlink Contacts screen as opposed to defaulting back to the Dial Pad screen.

Thoughts?
    I have similar reset issues after loading GL. T650/UnlockedGSM/TMobile/GLv3.8.0.18/only ROM apps loaded.

I seem to get either the soft resets about once a day or GL needing to re-init a few times a day.
    I have the same question as oalvarez. Is this bahavior configurable? The GL contacts only contain business contacts for me and is a minor PIA for me to be plopped there after every call.
    GG- Quick GL newb question: Can I Move/Copy the GL software from main memory to my SD card and run it from there? I have a general concern of running out of what little memory I have on the T650.
    Quote Originally Posted by 650newb
    GG- Quick GL newb question: Can I Move/Copy the GL software from main memory to my SD card and run it from there? I have a general concern of running out of what little memory I have on the T650.
    Sorry, we can't.

I haven't had the "return to contacts" problem on my Sprint 650. What carrier do you have? I assume you are running GL 3.8 (since AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $no$ $other$ $version$ $will$)
  16.    #76  
    Hmmm..When I hang up it defaults back to the dial pad. I am on a 600 with v4.0. Let me dig and see if I can see where that is configurable.

BTW, tombv200 is right. You can't move the GL software to the SD card.
    I couldn't find any config options with 3.8 either. What do you have your hard buttons set to?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Hmmm..When I hang up it defaults back to the dial pad. I am on a 600 with v4.0. Let me dig and see if I can see where that is configurable.

BTW, tombv200 is right. You can't move the GL software to the SD card.
    btw, I just noticed that GLContacts is referenced as 'Contacts'. The Phone app references CONTACTS which turns out to be GLContacts in the Phone Button list. Anyway to get the PalmContacts back?
    Don't believe so. The intent of GL is to be a complete replacement for the built-in Contacts, To Do, Calendar, and Memos apps. By "phone app refs Contacts", you mean the Favorites button, right?
  20.    #80  
    Again, tom is right (need a job at Good? ) GoodLink replaces the native palm apps. There is an unsupported work around to have both GL contacts and Palm contacts, but it is my understandting that neither will sync.
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast