Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1232
  1. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    6. Hit C when returning to the contacts and it will clear the search.
    Thanks! That's been bugging me.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  2. #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Less, but don't know by how much as it is gone now. Will get with someone at work tomorrow who hasn't upgraded yet. Should be about the same on a 650
    GoodGuy, thanks for the info. How did you measure your 8321K? Mine is ~8270
    - 2044 per Palm Launcher Delete menu in GL apps
    - 6226 in NVFS Cache per the MemoryInfo app

    To be honest, it sounds to me pretty much the same. Almost more importantly, how much NVFS Cache does 4.5 take? I (sadly) assume that's about the same as well.
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    GoodGuy, thanks for the info. How did you measure your 8321K? Mine is ~8270
    - 2044 per Palm Launcher Delete menu in GL apps
    - 6226 in NVFS Cache per the MemoryInfo app

    To be honest, it sounds to me pretty much the same. Almost more importantly, how much NVFS Cache does 4.5 take? I (sadly) assume that's about the same as well.
    Here are the numbers from my 600 with 4.5.0.52:

    Palm Delete: GoodLink 8321K

    As for NVFS, here are the numbers I get with MemoryInfo:

    NVFS Cache (RAM)
    Total Size: 23743KB
    Total Free: 7459KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 3728KB

    Dynamic Heap (RAM)
    Total Size: 2944KB
    Total Free: 1180KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 1054KB
  4. #764  
    Makes more sense now. Since you are on a 600, the Palm Delete figure includes the size of the GoodStore db which gives you an accurate total.

    On the 650 with NVFS, it seems you have to do two steps:
    1. Palm Delete/Info to get the total of "visible" GL apps
    2. Soft reset, run MemoryInfo to get starting NVFS Cache figure, start GoodLink, and run MemoryInfo to get post-GL-init NVFS Cache figure. The diff between the two MemoryInfo numbers must be the size of the GL main db (GoodStore equivalent). It's always seemed odd, but apparently that db is no longer a named file - just cache memory used by the GL apps.
  5. crawfpm's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #765  
    The Cache consumed by Goodlink needs to drop to at least 4 or 4.5 megs. Having it consume 72% (measured on my Treo 650 over several time frames after fresh resets) is not acceptable.

    For now, I flushed Goodlink off my unit and am trying Verizon's Wireless Sync just so I can use my Treo 650 for something other than Goodlink.
  6. #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Here are the numbers from my 600 with 4.5.0.52:

    Palm Delete: GoodLink 8321K

    As for NVFS, here are the numbers I get with MemoryInfo:

    NVFS Cache (RAM)
    Total Size: 23743KB
    Total Free: 7459KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 3728KB

    Dynamic Heap (RAM)
    Total Size: 2944KB
    Total Free: 1180KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 1054KB
    Good Guy,

    How does that compare to 4.0.3.6?

    Thanks,
    Bill
  7. #767  
    See my post (#762) above. That was measured with 4.0.0.59 on a Treo650 Sprint/CDMA with the 1.12fw. I'd expect exactly the same with 4.0.0.36.
  8. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #768  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    6. Hit C when returning to the contacts and it will clear the search.



    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Thanks! That's been bugging me.
    We'll I'm bummed. This doesn't fix the problem.

    The problem is, you call up someone in the directory. You choose one of their numbers and have a nice chat. Then you go back to call someone else. Contacts is still on the previous person. "hitting C" doesn't clear this. I either need to tab down 4 times to hit "Done", and then "c" to clear the search, or I need to hit the screen with my finger.

    This is my biggest problem with good. Making a phone call should be much easier than it is.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  9.    #769  
    OK..give this a shot. When you go back to contacts, the phone number is highlighted. Click up once then hit the enter key. This will take you back to the contact directory. This is on 4.5, but give it a shot on 4.0
  10. #770  
    Hi:

    We have a license for a dedicated server (9 users) and are moving our server enviornment to Microsoft Server 2003 SBS Premium. How does the licensing work? Are we charged a different fee, or does the licensing transfer over?
  11. #771  
    goodguy, several questions:
    1) how did you delete gl 4.0 from your 600? did you delete? hard reset? install over?
    2) can you confirm that 4.5 can handle sending attachments as this has been a huge issue
    3) does the gl contacts play nicely with the palm contact db? or do you still need to do that work around hack of deleting the gl contacts off the treo in order to be able to access your palm db?
    4) once gl 4.5 becomes available for everyone, how do we get it? does it download to the gl server? and from there it will automatically OTA to the treo?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Just put 4.5 on my 600 and it takes 8321K
  12.    #772  
    1. 4.5 was pushed to me from our GoodLink Admin. Don't know the requirements for desktop install yet.
    2. No, 4.5 does not send attachments
    3. Same workaround
    4. Your GL admin can oush it out to you or you will be able to install using the desktop installer.
  13. #773  
    thanks for the reply. WOW still NO attachment sending in 4.5? i thought that was on the to do list for this upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    1. 4.5 was pushed to me from our GoodLink Admin. Don't know the requirements for desktop install yet.
    2. No, 4.5 does not send attachments
    3. Same workaround
    4. Your GL admin can oush it out to you or you will be able to install using the desktop installer.
  14.    #774  
    It is on the list for future release. Believe me, I wish it was on this one. Good does two major releases a year, typically, as well as various feature upgrades throughout the year. I haven't seen a roadmap of feature releases as we typically build a list of enhancement requests and take it from there.
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    It is on the list for future release. Believe me, I wish it was on this one. Good does two major releases a year, typically, as well as various feature upgrades throughout the year. I haven't seen a roadmap of feature releases as we typically build a list of enhancement requests and take it from there.
    from what i've been reading on this thread, it seems like there are hundreds of feature requests. how does good determine what is priority and what can wait?
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    from what i've been reading on this thread, it seems like there are hundreds of feature requests. how does good determine what is priority and what can wait?
    I don't know the process we use to determine which features will be developed for releases. As you stated, there are many features folks want added to GoodLink and they have to be developed for both Palm as well as PocketPC, and now, Windows Mobile. My assumption is we take the most requested features and determine the feasibility, the amount of development time required, and other programming and development considerations that I have no idea about and take it from there. We offer a very strong feature set, but it is not the end all, be all for everyone and we are striving to get closer to that, it simply takes time.
  17. #777  
    goodguy,

    on the gl server, under global policies and the applications tab, there is a checkbox for solitaire. what is that for? if i check it, i don't see any solitaire on my treo. what is that for?
  18. kbfk's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #778  
    Has anyone else had problems with Good and the new Sprint Rom update. My phone constantly turns on and chews up battery at an alarming rate. It only does this when i start up good. Anyone else see this problem? Anyone find a solution?

    P.S.

    I've tried turning off bluetooth and ir to no avail.

    Thanks ahead of time
  19. crawfpm's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #779  
    Goodlink 4.5, does it consume all the cache up like 4.0 does (6.5 of 9 megs available)? Is Good working on reducing cache consumtion?
  20. #780  
    Good Guy

    Running Treo 650 with GoodLink 4.0.3.6

    I send an email to my wife all the time. I also call her often. I like to use the favorites bars at the bottom of the phone dialer screen. No problem with phone calls -- the "speed dial" class of favorite picks up contacts from GL contacts as eligible contacts and handles the call nicely.

    But I cannot set up an email favorite (i.e. set up a compose screen with an email to my wife) using the dialer screen favorites. If you choose the "Email" class of favorite, the Treo tries to use the Palm email (which, of course, I don't touch and has no contacts visible to it or relationship with an email server).

    Can I have an email favorite on the phone dialer screen with that will open a GL compose screen? You can choose GL Compose as an application, but that only opens a blank compose which much be addressed.

Posting Permissions