Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fmastr
    WKRP28 -

I had the same issue - no Notepad app icon .... reprovisioning didn't fix ...... I just had someone else beam the Notepad icon from their Treo to mine .......
    Worked like a charm. Thanks for the advice.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Just migrated from a Treo 600 to a 650. Goodlink 4.0 on device. Having a hard time getting Goodlink, Snappermail and Verichat to play nice together. Once Goodlink is accessed after a reset, can't get the other programs to run. Just get resets. Also, hard to move files from SD card to RAM. Had about 4 megs free RAM.

Does Goodlink lock down that other memory? What do I need to do to get these programs to work so I do not get resets constantly.

All programs work just fine up till I launch Goodlink.
    I tried to setup Good back in Feb. but because my company uses SBS2003 it wasn't practical. Somehow I missed the announcement in March re: a Small Business Server vs. being available. Is this available now? How can I get the server vs. to install on my Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 and a reasonble plan price for 1 to 2 treo's?
  4.    #744  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I tried to setup Good back in Feb. but because my company uses SBS2003 it wasn't practical. Somehow I missed the announcement in March re: a Small Business Server vs. being available. Is this available now? How can I get the server vs. to install on my Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 and a reasonble plan price for 1 to 2 treo's?
    The SBS version is sold through, and supported by, our reseller channel. If you PM me with your location, I can get you the name of a local VAR that can help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    As for the memory footprint, Goodlink 3.8 (version on the 650) takes between 9 and 10MB. Part of that is the way the Treo addresses memory and we are all waiting for a firmware upgrade from Palm that will address that. Unfortunately, you can't move any of the GL files to the SD card. There are several threads here on TC that have addressed the memory concerns with GL and ways to free up as much RAM as possible. As a note, v4.0 takes about 8MB of RAM, so our development guys are working on it.

Page too large on good.com? Interesting as I haven't received that error, but will look into it. Thanks for the heads up. I am glad you enjoy GoodLink and find it helpful!
    I hope this has not been answered 500 times already but I was hoping to not have to read this entire thread to find the answer.

I loaded Good 4.0.3.6 yesterday. I am ready to take it off my Treo today. But before I do that I was hoping to get your thoughts.

Things I have discovered that will cause me to not use Good:

1) The RAM foot print. 14Mb or so...
    2) The hidden (cache) memory foot print. I can believe this application creates a private card image in cache! Not only that but it takes up nearly 99.96% of the available cache. The new NVFS filesystem on the palm uses this cache to run all programs. By consuming this memory, Good is converting the Treo 650 into a single purpose Goodlink machine. It takes no time at all for my Treo's cache to fill up and refuse to run any program but Good. Please tell me there is a solution for this problem! Please....
    3) The push email polling rate is so great that I missed *every* call today. Every one because the network link was kept active so often.
    4) There is no way to schedule a pull rather than a push of information. Pulls are only manual.
    5) In the calendar application, if you scroll to a differnet day in "day view". Then switch to another Good application view and then go back to the calendar view, the view does not revert back to Today.
    6) If you search for a contact, leave the screen and then go to the phone application and do a search, your new search is appended to your old search information.
    7) The contacts data does not maintain my Outlook category definitions

Again I'm sorry if these have previously been discussed but perhaps a recap wouldn't hurt either......

I appreaciate, in advance, your reply.

Jeff
    Watch tomorrow for big changes regarding Good. It has been leaked already, but a major announcement that will change the product and the company.
    watch tomorrow (today) where? where are the big changes? i went to the good site. is the version 4.5 the big change? so how do we get 4.5 onto our devices?

is this the upgrade we are all waiting for this summer? attachments? etc...?
    GoodGuy,

Can you answer why Good writes to ROM? I hard reset my Sprint CDMA 650 today and Good has installed itself into the default ROM. This is not only not nice but it is dangerious to say the least.

Jeff
    i don't think it installs into rom. did you previous do a backup of goodlink to sd card? if you did, it installs a start.prc file on your sd card. so when you hard reset and then put in your sd card again, it will execute the restore of your goodlink files back onto the treo.

i found that out because i had to hard reset once too. earlier in this thread, i had asked exactly what files to delete on the treo to completely uninstall goodlink. i sort of got an answer, but it wasn't complete because there are some more files that you need to manually delete in order for you to completely rid of goodlink. so i think the safest way to get rid of it is to hard reset, but make sure you delete goodlink files from your sd card as well especially the start.prc file

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    GoodGuy,

Can you answer why Good writes to ROM? I hard reset my Sprint CDMA 650 today and Good has installed itself into the default ROM. This is not only not nice but it is dangerious to say the least.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    i don't think it installs into rom. did you previous do a backup of goodlink to sd card? if you did, it installs a start.prc file on your sd card. so when you hard reset and then put in your sd card again, it will execute the restore of your goodlink files back onto the treo.

i found that out because i had to hard reset once too. earlier in this thread, i had asked exactly what files to delete on the treo to completely uninstall goodlink. i sort of got an answer, but it wasn't complete because there are some more files that you need to manually delete in order for you to completely rid of goodlink. so i think the safest way to get rid of it is to hard reset, but make sure you delete goodlink files from your sd card as well especially the start.prc file
    Thank you for pointing this out to me! I knew this was possible but had completely forgotten that my SD card was still in the Treo. This brings up a good point. GL should have an uninstall program that will get rid of all traces of GL.

Jeff
    I apologize. I misread your question/request. There is no option to set vibrate notification on events. That feature has been requested to our development group.
    Does 4.5 support vibrate notification for reminders? Thanks.
    GoodGuy,

I was hoping you could answer a few of my questions

1) How does the caller ID lookup work? For example if I have 5 contacts with the phone # 516-555-1212 which one will show up on my caller ID? I have this scenario and it pick the same name everytime but there is nothing special about this name and its not the 1st one alphabetically.

2) When using the phone and you do a contact search it remember the last name you searched so the next time you try to do a contact search that persons name is up. You have to hit done and clear in order to search again. Is there anyway to fix that?

3) Contrary to popular demand, I LOVE the reply all button instead of reply. We are an IT Firm and 95% of our emails have someone CC'd. It really make life alot easier. Maybe you can just add a fifth button on the bottom?

4) How many days of email's does Good hold?

5) Why is it that items that are currently in folders under the inbox dont show up but it you drag new items into them via outlook they show up?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Matthew
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I hope this has not been answered 500 times already but I was hoping to not have to read this entire thread to find the answer.

I loaded Good 4.0.3.6 yesterday. I am ready to take it off my Treo today. But before I do that I was hoping to get your thoughts.

Things I have discovered that will cause me to not use Good:

1) The RAM foot print. 14Mb or so...
    2) The hidden (cache) memory foot print. I can believe this application creates a private card image in cache! Not only that but it takes up nearly 99.96% of the available cache. The new NVFS filesystem on the palm uses this cache to run all programs. By consuming this memory, Good is converting the Treo 650 into a single purpose Goodlink machine. It takes no time at all for my Treo's cache to fill up and refuse to run any program but Good. Please tell me there is a solution for this problem! Please....
    3) The push email polling rate is so great that I missed *every* call today. Every one because the network link was kept active so often.
    4) There is no way to schedule a pull rather than a push of information. Pulls are only manual.
    5) In the calendar application, if you scroll to a differnet day in "day view". Then switch to another Good application view and then go back to the calendar view, the view does not revert back to Today.
    6) If you search for a contact, leave the screen and then go to the phone application and do a search, your new search is appended to your old search information.
    7) The contacts data does not maintain my Outlook category definitions

Again I'm sorry if these have previously been discussed but perhaps a recap wouldn't hurt either......

I appreaciate, in advance, your reply.

Jeff
    1. GoodLink 4.5 takes approximately 9MB of space. Where are you getting the 14MB number from?
    2. Will check with our SE's regarding cache usage.
    3. The network link is not active all the time. To give you an example, average user uses 2-3MB of data per month, power users 5MB. This is due to the compression algorithm we use. The only time the data link is activated is when there is either activity on the Exchange server or there is activity on the handheld. Yes, you will miss some calls at times, but that is also due to the fact that you can't have the data and voice radios active at the same time.
    4. Yes and no. Our system was set up as push, not pull, so I doubt (not 100% though) we will offer scheduled pull options. With 4.5, you can work offline, then hit send/receive, sync up, and then GoodLink will go back into work offline mode again. This addresses some thinks in #3, but is not exactly what you are looking for.
    5. GoodLink is set up to default back to where you left off within that application, ie, you were in the calendar, scrolled over a few days, left the calendar, then came back. You can simply hit "G" to go to today.
    6. Hit C when returning to the contacts and it will clear the search.
    7. We don't support categories yet, but it is on the roadmap for a future release. Don't know when, though.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
  13.    #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    watch tomorrow (today) where? where are the big changes? i went to the good site. is the version 4.5 the big change? so how do we get 4.5 onto our devices?

is this the upgrade we are all waiting for this summer? attachments? etc...?
    The primary was the announcement of the acquisition of JP Mobile, so we will have Lotus Notes support. Looking at 2H06 for that. 4.5 was announced and should be shipping in a couple of weeks. I am running it now.
  14.    #754  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkrp28
    Does 4.5 support vibrate notification for reminders? Thanks.
    No, though there is a third party app that I can't recall right off that will provide that. Let me search in the thread as I think it is in here somewhere.
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkny2314
    GoodGuy,

I was hoping you could answer a few of my questions

1) How does the caller ID lookup work? For example if I have 5 contacts with the phone # 516-555-1212 which one will show up on my caller ID? I have this scenario and it pick the same name everytime but there is nothing special about this name and its not the 1st one alphabetically.

2) When using the phone and you do a contact search it remember the last name you searched so the next time you try to do a contact search that persons name is up. You have to hit done and clear in order to search again. Is there anyway to fix that?

3) Contrary to popular demand, I LOVE the reply all button instead of reply. We are an IT Firm and 95% of our emails have someone CC'd. It really make life alot easier. Maybe you can just add a fifth button on the bottom?

4) How many days of email's does Good hold?

5) Why is it that items that are currently in folders under the inbox dont show up but it you drag new items into them via outlook they show up?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Matthew
    1. Same number for 5 people? Interesting, but I don't know how it decides which to choose. Let me ask and get back to you.

2. Wow..just found this in 4.5: If you do a search and choose a contact, when you hit Done, it highlights the search term so you can begin typing a new search and it will clear the old search

3. Glad to hear it. Don't know what we are going to do about that.

4. Not based on days, based on number of emails. I don't know the number, but it is pretty large. When that threshold is hit, the oldest emails are removed from the device.

5. Do a search in this thread for the the fetch command to pull all the emails into your folders.
    Good Guy,

Do you know the exact difference in memory footprint between GL 4.5 and the current version, 4.0.3.6?

Thanks,
    Bill
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsolomon
    Good Guy,

Do you know the exact difference in memory footprint between GL 4.5 and the current version, 4.0.3.6?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Just put 4.5 on my 600 and it takes 8321K
    Just put 4.5 on my 600 and it takes 8321K
    How does that compare to 4.0.3.6? (Less? More? By how much?) Would the difference be roughly the same on a 650?
  19.    #759  
    Less, but don't know by how much as it is gone now. Will get with someone at work tomorrow who hasn't upgraded yet. Should be about the same on a 650
    GoodGuy,

5 people meaning 5 people in my office thats why the have the same #.

Matthew