Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1232
  1. Wumpus's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks
    GoodGuy, Moderators,

    From the 30+ pages here, it looks like there is a lot of interest in Good. This thread is tough to follow. Any chance / interest in setting up a "Good" forum?

    Sooks
    I second the emotion. I'd love to see Good specific best practices, support, etc. For whatever reason, Good doesn't have a forum like this on their own site, so this would be an "unauthorized" site, meaning that we could have real feedback, tips, questions and workarounds, not just views that have been "blessed" by management.

    I love my 650 with Good. It's awesome. But there are shortcomings, and I'd like to learn how to deal with them.

    Thanks,
    -Wumped
  2. #722  
    Hi, Goodguy,

    Thanks for all the "good" information here. On a broader topic, now that Microsoft has announced its own push email solution on the exchange and the windows mobile platform, why would you guys still want to work with Microsoft?
  3. #723  
    i sure hope they will still want to work with microsoft. we've invested too much in microsoft and exchange and also in the good technology for them to just drop all support just because microsoft has their own push solution coming out. besides, you're saying microsoft is only supporting windows mobile. what about all the palm users out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Hi, Goodguy,

    Thanks for all the "good" information here. On a broader topic, now that Microsoft has announced its own push email solution on the exchange and the windows mobile platform, why would you guys still want to work with Microsoft?
  4. #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    i sure hope they will still want to work with microsoft. we've invested too much in microsoft and exchange and also in the good technology for them to just drop all support just because microsoft has their own push solution coming out. besides, you're saying microsoft is only supporting windows mobile. what about all the palm users out there?
    I guess I wasn't clear in my last post....my bad. I was not saying at all that Good shouldn't work with Microsoft Exchange. My point was - since Microsoft came out with their own "push" solution, this gives Good less incentive/motivation to sell their solution on windows mobile-based smartphones. If I were Good, I would probably focus on Palm OS and/or Symbian based devices more than WM based devices.

    Given Microsoft's track record, Gates and company will certainly try to monopolize the push email and wireless sync market, consequently driving all competitors like RIM, Good, Seven, Visto into oblivion.
  5. #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I guess I wasn't clear in my last post....my bad. I was not saying at all that Good shouldn't work with Microsoft Exchange. My point was - since Microsoft came out with their own "push" solution, this gives Good less incentive/motivation to sell their solution on windows mobile-based smartphones. If I were Good, I would probably focus on Palm OS and/or Symbian based devices more than WM based devices.

    Given Microsoft's track record, Gates and company will certainly try to monopolize the push email and wireless sync market, consequently driving all competitors like RIM, Good, Seven, Visto into oblivion.

    Same reason that other applications exist for Microsoft Operating Systems. Microsoft will build a baseline but others will offer additional functionality. Plus, Microsoft only runs on Microsoft, aka Blackberry only runs on Blackberry. Sure they provide limited support for other devices but to get the full experience you need to use their device. So there is still going to room just like Oracle, Siebel...etc.

    I think Goods issue is they are a one trick pony on the server side. Decent support for the number handhelds. Symbian support is "comming". I just hope with the recent announcements they can scale their support structure and internal systems.
    Last edited by GolfBallMan; 07/06/2005 at 08:10 AM.
  6. #726  
    Microsoft has licensed EAS to just about all device makers, so their stuff works with the 650 and many more (in other words, not just Windows Mobile devices). Now - whether or not it's currently a compelling solution (it's not, really) is debatable, but as you said, once MS brings out SP2 for Exchange ActiveSync, things will get much more interesting.
    I just wanted to remind you guys that any number of devices will work with EAS, not just WM.
  7. #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Microsoft has licensed EAS to just about all device makers, so their stuff works with the 650 and many more (in other words, not just Windows Mobile devices). .

    I was referring to the server and not the device client. But after re-reading my reply... I see where you comming from.

    I guess simply put.

    Exchange active sync will only support a MS Exchange server.
    EAS can run on multiple devices and offer the same functionality, in its current release, accross device platforms.

    Blackberry can support multiple enterprise email systems - Exchange, Groupwise, Notes...etc.
    Multiple device support has been promised but none is shipping in the USA.
    To get full blackberry functionality you need to use a blackberry device.

    Good can support multiple devices but only Exchange.
  8. #728  
    Why can Goodlink not keep a "Full Day" appt as a full day appt if I change time zones? All my birthdays, etc., as well as "place markers" that I use over multiple days (for instance, if I go to Chicago for 3 days, I will have a 3-day "full day" appt in Outlook to remind myself). Whenever I change timezones, these get all screwed up as 23 hour long appts - which makes the calendar damn near impossible to read.

    Thanks
    Last edited by masseyc_99; 07/07/2005 at 05:20 PM. Reason: type-o
  9. #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    Why can Goodlink not keep a "Full Day" appt as a full day appt if I change time zones? All my birthdays, etc., as well as "place markers" that I use over multiple days (for instance, if I go to Chicago for 3 days, I will have a 3-day "full day" appt in Outlook to remind myself). Whenever I change timezones, these get all screwed up as 23 hour long appts - which makes the calendar damn near impossible to read.

    Thanks
    This is one of my biggest peeve with Good. Love the fact that the calendar automatically adjusts when I change time zone. But then the "all day" appointments are staggered and make it very hard to read the calendar. Any work around on this Good Guy?
    BC
  10. #730  
    Good Guy,

    I tried using the debug command you've given to us earlier in order to view more of your inbox and it doesn't seem to work.

    I go to the Good launcher screen, type in 'debug' without the quotes and the debug menu comes up. I then type "fetch 1000 Inbox:*" without the quotes and it comes back saying ALL e-mail sub-folders will be fetched, then two more lines about acknowledging packets being sent and received and then nothing. The extra e-mails never get downloaded.

    Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I should do?

    Thanks in advance!
    -M-
  11.    #731  
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    I was referring to the server and not the device client. But after re-reading my reply... I see where you comming from.

    I guess simply put.

    Exchange active sync will only support a MS Exchange server.
    EAS can run on multiple devices and offer the same functionality, in its current release, accross device platforms.

    Blackberry can support multiple enterprise email systems - Exchange, Groupwise, Notes...etc.
    Multiple device support has been promised but none is shipping in the USA.
    To get full blackberry functionality you need to use a blackberry device.

    Good can support multiple devices but only Exchange.
    Watch tomorrow for big changes regarding Good. It has been leaked already, but a major announcement that will change the product and the company.
  12.    #732  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks
    This is one of my biggest peeve with Good. Love the fact that the calendar automatically adjusts when I change time zone. But then the "all day" appointments are staggered and make it very hard to read the calendar. Any work around on this Good Guy?
    Been out all week, so let me check on this for you tomorrow. My gut tells me there isn't a workaround, but let me find for sure.
  13.    #733  
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    Good Guy,

    I tried using the debug command you've given to us earlier in order to view more of your inbox and it doesn't seem to work.

    I go to the Good launcher screen, type in 'debug' without the quotes and the debug menu comes up. I then type "fetch 1000 Inbox:*" without the quotes and it comes back saying ALL e-mail sub-folders will be fetched, then two more lines about acknowledging packets being sent and received and then nothing. The extra e-mails never get downloaded.

    Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I should do?

    Thanks in advance!
    -M-
    This doesn't allow you to view more of your inbox. This syncs all the messages in your subfolders to the subfolders on the device. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
  14. #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Watch tomorrow for big changes regarding Good. It has been leaked already, but a major announcement that will change the product and the company.
    Anyone know where one could find info on leaked info?
  15. #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    This doesn't allow you to view more of your inbox. This syncs all the messages in your subfolders to the subfolders on the device. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    I'm only showing about 200 or so messages in my Goodlink inbox, but my Exchange inbox has over 2,000 messages some of which I'd like to access on my device. There is no "More..." function on Good, so I thought that's what the "Fetch" command did. Furthermore, Goodlink only seems to show messages I send from my device in the Sent Items folder, not messages that I send from my computer.

    Is there a way to have a complete mirror of my inbox and sent items folders on my device?

    Thanks in advance!
    -M-
  16. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #736  
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    I'm only showing about 200 or so messages in my Goodlink inbox, but my Exchange inbox has over 2,000 messages some of which I'd like to access on my device. There is no "More..." function on Good, so I thought that's what the "Fetch" command did. Furthermore, Goodlink only seems to show messages I send from my device in the Sent Items folder, not messages that I send from my computer.

    Is there a way to have a complete mirror of my inbox and sent items folders on my device?

    Thanks in advance!
    -M-
    As far as the Sent items from the PC not showing on the device, I had to get that enabled by the Goodlink Server admin for it to show on my device, as the default is to only show items sent from the device itself (I was told this is for space savings, though I am not sure if that is actually correct). The admin can either enable it for the entire server or on an individual mailbox basis.
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    I'm only showing about 200 or so messages in my Goodlink inbox, but my Exchange inbox has over 2,000 messages some of which I'd like to access on my device. There is no "More..." function on Good, so I thought that's what the "Fetch" command did. Furthermore, Goodlink only seems to show messages I send from my device in the Sent Items folder, not messages that I send from my computer.

    Is there a way to have a complete mirror of my inbox and sent items folders on my device?

    Thanks in advance!
    -M-
    Strange..I have over 300 items in my inbox and they are all on my device. There may be a setting in the Good Management Console for that. Let me check tomorrrow and get back with you.
  18. #738  
    Good Guy,

    I cannot get enough free memory on my 650 from Cingular (firmware 1.05) to load the Good software. Help -- Please!

    Thanks!

    Josh
  19. #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by gatreo600
    Good Guy,

    I cannot get enough free memory on my 650 from Cingular (firmware 1.05) to load the Good software. Help -- Please!

    Thanks!

    Josh
    Josh,
    I found if I moved some apps to my card installed Good, then moved them back I was fine.

    I used ZLauncher. I kept Zlauncher as my Launcher and it also allows applications to be run from the card.
  20. #740  
    I tried moving as much as I could. It only gave me about 12 MB free and Goodlink needs somewhere around 14 to load. I heard that there is suppose to be some type of update so you get more memory available? Have you heard about that?

    Thanks,
    Josh

Posting Permissions