Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1232
  1. #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    you have to stop your data connection in order to use BT DUN (i believe). i've gotten it to work, but when i'm using DUN, my GL is offline.
    Your're using Cingular?

    Anything else blow up?
  2. #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    Your're using Cingular?

    Anything else blow up?
    yes i am using cingular. i did have problems with my phone freezing up on occassions when receiving a call. but that seems to have cleared after i upgraded the FW to 1.28 with software 1.13.
  3. #703  
    With respect to BT DUN, unless I put Good offline before the session, I get disconnected from the dialup connection after a few minutes. When Good is offline, this does not seem to happen. I suspect that Good may be cutting in to try to connect.
  4. #704  
    Mr. GoodGuy,

    our company uses 3rd party software to reduce the size of attachments (MaxCompression) that automatically compresses attached documents into ZIP files and transparently decompresses them when they are open in Outlook. If recipient does not have MaxCompression loaded, each attachment appears as a ZIP file with one file in it. Well, this presents a real hassle with GoodLink: even if I load an application to support ZIP files (in my case it is LightNZip) in order to open compressed attachment in GoodLink I have to:
    1. Choose "Save to card" in GoodLink,
    2. switch to LightNZip
    3. Browse to Card0/PALM/Programs/Launcher to open the ZIP file.

    Attempt to simply choose "View High Quality" from GoodLink causes the LightNZip to report "Can't open file '/myReceivedFiles/<Filename>' for writing." where <FileName> is the name of the ZIP file I'm trying to open...

    Having this ugly workaround with saving/browsing really complicates the use of Treos for us (btw, compressed attachments are natively supported by BES for over a year now!). Is there anything that could be done to simplify this process? I've asked to put this on a "feature request list" over 10 months ago, but nothing happened in the few releases Good Technology had since then.

    Thanks for all your tips!
  5. #705  
    fmastr: Thanks for the advice on the missing notepad app. I'm on vacation at the moment with no other Treo's in sight. I'll ask someone to beam it to me when I'm back in the office.
  6. #706  
    when i view an attachment as high quality, GL goes and retrieves that attachment completely before i am able to view it using docs to go. where does GL save that file? is it using my treo main memory to store the file? is it temporary just for viewing or does it store it forever until i delete the message?
  7. #707  
    It is me again!

    I'm still trying to figure out how to get Corp Email on my Treo for the guys in my branch office, even though my downtown office (where Exchange is located) won't offer ANY assistance with this project. I am having them create a generic email address for my office for another purpose, would I be able to use this email address as the GoodLink Admin account and just go into the individual people's Outlook accounts and set this generic address with read access? or does it absolutely HAVE to be on the server end of things?

    Thanks!
  8.    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo4sm
    Mr. GoodGuy,

    our company uses 3rd party software to reduce the size of attachments (MaxCompression) that automatically compresses attached documents into ZIP files and transparently decompresses them when they are open in Outlook. If recipient does not have MaxCompression loaded, each attachment appears as a ZIP file with one file in it. Well, this presents a real hassle with GoodLink: even if I load an application to support ZIP files (in my case it is LightNZip) in order to open compressed attachment in GoodLink I have to:
    1. Choose "Save to card" in GoodLink,
    2. switch to LightNZip
    3. Browse to Card0/PALM/Programs/Launcher to open the ZIP file.

    Attempt to simply choose "View High Quality" from GoodLink causes the LightNZip to report "Can't open file '/myReceivedFiles/<Filename>' for writing." where <FileName> is the name of the ZIP file I'm trying to open...

    Having this ugly workaround with saving/browsing really complicates the use of Treos for us (btw, compressed attachments are natively supported by BES for over a year now!). Is there anything that could be done to simplify this process? I've asked to put this on a "feature request list" over 10 months ago, but nothing happened in the few releases Good Technology had since then.

    Thanks for all your tips!
    Treo4sm,

    I spoke with our product management folks regarding your question. While I am not saying this is not an issue (as obviously it is for you), we haven't really found this to be one of the larger requests we have received. It is my impression that we are working on the more broader feature and functionality requests for future releases. That isn't to say that you won't see this in future releases, however, it is not something we are currently developing.

    Sorry I couldn't give you better news.
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    when i view an attachment as high quality, GL goes and retrieves that attachment completely before i am able to view it using docs to go. where does GL save that file? is it using my treo main memory to store the file? is it temporary just for viewing or does it store it forever until i delete the message?
    That is a great question. Let me get with my SE and get an answer for you.
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0775
    It is me again!

    I'm still trying to figure out how to get Corp Email on my Treo for the guys in my branch office, even though my downtown office (where Exchange is located) won't offer ANY assistance with this project. I am having them create a generic email address for my office for another purpose, would I be able to use this email address as the GoodLink Admin account and just go into the individual people's Outlook accounts and set this generic address with read access? or does it absolutely HAVE to be on the server end of things?

    Thanks!
    You have to have admin rights to Exchange to set up the GoodLink server. What kind of push back are you getting from your IT guys as to why they won't support GoodLink for you?
  11. #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    No problem at all. I know the thread is a bit unruly..believe me, I know
    GoodGuy, Moderators,

    From the 30+ pages here, it looks like there is a lot of interest in Good. This thread is tough to follow. Any chance / interest in setting up a "Good" forum?

    Sooks
    BC
  12. #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    You have to have admin rights to Exchange to set up the GoodLink server. What kind of push back are you getting from your IT guys as to why they won't support GoodLink for you?
    Their response: We support Blackberry Enterprise, ditch the Treo and get a blackberry. We won't give a remote office an account with administrative rights to ANYTHING on our network, and we are too busy (aka don't care) to support the GoodLink server ourselves.


    blah...

    I've asked this before, but when I was setting up Sprint customers with Treo 600s there was an application that Sprint had that would run on the customer's individual workstation at the office and connect to exchange using their own credentials and forward just their email through Sprint's servers to their device. This would work perfectly for our situation since we only really have between 1 and 4 people that would be interested in doing this currently.
  13.    #713  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks
    GoodGuy, Moderators,

    From the 30+ pages here, it looks like there is a lot of interest in Good. This thread is tough to follow. Any chance / interest in setting up a "Good" forum?

    Sooks
    I have requested this several times with no response. My gut tells me the moderators are a bit hesitant to offer a dedicated forum to a commercial product because if they offer it for one and don't for another, it may appear as favoritism for one product over another.
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0775
    Their response: We support Blackberry Enterprise, ditch the Treo and get a blackberry. We won't give a remote office an account with administrative rights to ANYTHING on our network, and we are too busy (aka don't care) to support the GoodLink server ourselves.


    blah...

    I've asked this before, but when I was setting up Sprint customers with Treo 600s there was an application that Sprint had that would run on the customer's individual workstation at the office and connect to exchange using their own credentials and forward just their email through Sprint's servers to their device. This would work perfectly for our situation since we only really have between 1 and 4 people that would be interested in doing this currently.
    If only your IT people would give it a shot. It is free to try, it is cheaper through Cingular now...keep hammering them

    As for the desktop redirector you are referring to, don't have anything like that...yet
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    when i view an attachment as high quality, GL goes and retrieves that attachment completely before i am able to view it using docs to go. where does GL save that file? is it using my treo main memory to store the file? is it temporary just for viewing or does it store it forever until i delete the message?
    islandsnow..

    When you download the attachment, it is stored on the device. When you delete the message from your inbox (either on the Treo or in Outlook) the attachment is deleted from the device. Also, after a period of time (not sure that number) the attachment is delete from the device as well. You may notice that after you download an attachment, there is a little green check mark next to the attachment name in the email. That is how you can tell if it has already been downloaded.
  16. #716  
    About the length of this thread - although a seperate forum for Good would be nice it would be just as helpful if we all just started a new thread in this forum when we have a Good related question or comment rather than adding a posting to this one (which of course I'm doing now and have certainly been guilty of) .......
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmastr
    About the length of this thread - although a seperate forum for Good would be nice it would be just as helpful if we all just started a new thread in this forum when we have a Good related question or comment rather than adding a posting to this one (which of course I'm doing now and have certainly been guilty of) .......
    I have had a couple of other threads, but this one has taken a life of it's own

    That, and I would hate to have this thread get dropped to the bottom with inactivity and end up rehashing old info over and over again. The 'Search Thread' feature helps alot, though.
  18. #718  
    thanks for the confirmation on where attachments are stored... yes i do notice the green check mark and thats how i know i've downloaded it.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    islandsnow..

    When you download the attachment, it is stored on the device. When you delete the message from your inbox (either on the Treo or in Outlook) the attachment is deleted from the device. Also, after a period of time (not sure that number) the attachment is delete from the device as well. You may notice that after you download an attachment, there is a little green check mark next to the attachment name in the email. That is how you can tell if it has already been downloaded.
  19. #719  
    Goodguy:

    I searched the thread but couldn't find anything on vcards. Are sending and receiving vcards in the future for GL? I have so often where someone says "send me their number".
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    Goodguy:

    I searched the thread but couldn't find anything on vcards. Are sending and receiving vcards in the future for GL? I have so often where someone says "send me their number".
    vCards are definitely in the future of for GoodLink, though I'm not sure of the release they will be supported.

Posting Permissions