Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap
    Ya ... figured it out shortly after I posted that ... definitely convenient ... but now it begs the question: will you give me the option to remove it from the screen to regain a few lines of real estate? and still leaves open whether you folks plan on allowing users to customize it?
    Have you tried using Fonts4OS to decrease the font size? This allows more real estate. As for the Reply All button being customizable, I haven't heard anything pointing to that, though that is not to say it won't happen.
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by HesNot
    Help! My employer has just switched their approved list to remove the Verizon Treo 650 (after having it listed last week as an approved device). They have told me that they cannot add Verizon 650s to the Good server until they upgrade to 4.0 later this year. Why is it possible to run the Treo 600 from Verizon on the server but not the 650? Is there any workaround to solve this issue? Is it something others have dealt with? I just went through living you know what to get Verizon to give me a corporate discount on the purchase of the equipment so I am a little discouraged!
    Let me check with our Verizon team as that is the first I have heard of that. Have any other VZN users run into this?
    thanks GoodGuy - the firm has set up an account for me but sent me an email warning they'd had problems and had decided to discontinue adding new 650's from Verizon until after the upgrade. We'll see if it works.

Right now since I had an old install of palm desktop, etc... for my Tungsten T they're having problems getting the Treo setup to even see if it will work. Hotsync keeps running into conduit conflicts. Don't know how to solve that one...
    I upgraded to the new Unbranded GSM Firmware. When i reloaded Goodlink, it only put the last 100 emails on my 650. Is this my IT's doing or is this Good? Anyway to force it to loan the rest? Thanks!
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by rysmith
    I upgraded to the new Unbranded GSM Firmware. When i reloaded Goodlink, it only put the last 100 emails on my 650. Is this my IT's doing or is this Good? Anyway to force it to loan the rest? Thanks!
    go to the GoodLink Home Screen

type the word 'debug' without quotes
    you will get a command prompt
    type 'fetch 1000 inbox:*' again without quotes, and hit the return key

this will populate all of your folders. If you have more than 1000 emails in the folders to move, you can do it multiple times.
    Wow, that's impressive. Sorry if you covered it before, I'm on page 20 of 35 and will finish it tonight. Goodlink is the greatest!
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by rysmith
    Wow, that's impressive. Sorry if you covered it before, I'm on page 20 of 35 and will finish it tonight. Goodlink is the greatest!
    No problem at all. I know the thread is a bit unruly..believe me, I know
    Goodguy - any documentation on other debug commands available?
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmastr
    Goodguy - any documentation on other debug commands available?
    Fetch and reprov are the only user based debug commands.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    This can be a function of your <b>provider</b>, too. I am on Cingular (GSM/EGPRS), and any data connection is silently suspended when a voice call occurs... rather than simply bouncing callers to voicemail.
    I just found this forum for Good and trying to catch up so apologies if this has already been answered but the answer is simple -- its the technology your carrier uses...not Good or the Treo.

GSM\GPRS\EDGE has voice\data priority so if you have an incoming voice call, it will drop an active data connection then resume after voice call is over.

CDMA on the other hand does not have priority other than first one in use wins. If the data channel is actively passing packets, calls go to VM One thing to understand though is there IS a difference between an idle data connection and actively passing packets. Incoming voice will drop an idle data connection.
    Reply to All? Hah there are other things to do or improve on especially since you can use the shortcut keys - hit R to reply, A to reply to All, F to forward etc.
    Mr. Good

We have windows small business server 2000 with exchange small business server. I am planning to upgrade to the full windows 2003 standard in August. My questions are

1. What is the difference between GoodLink 4.0 and GoodLink SBS?

2. When I upgrade to Exchange 2003 how complex is it to upgrade GoodLink from SBS to version 4.00

How you answer these questions will tell me whether or not I should upgrade to windows server 2003 before or after our Treo project.

Thanks for your help.
    Keep up the Good work Good
    Last edited by RiverDude; 06/24/2005 at 09:02 AM.
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDude
    Mr. Good

We have windows small business server 2000 with exchange small business server. I am planning to upgrade to the full windows 2003 standard in August. My questions are

1. What is the difference between GoodLink 4.0 and GoodLink SBS?

2. When I upgrade to Exchange 2003 how complex is it to upgrade GoodLink from SBS to version 4.00

How you answer these questions will tell me whether or not I should upgrade to windows server 2003 before or after our Treo project.

Thanks for your help.
    Keep up the Good work Good
    "Mr. Good"? Wow

In regards to your question, there is no difference between SBS and V4.0 outside of the fact SBS is provided and supported by our VARS, SBS version runs on SBS and V4.0 is a separate box that connects to Exchange. With SBS, the VAR provides support as well

As it relates to upgrading/transitioning from SBS to V4.0, you will basically be looking at a new install since the SBS version runs on top of SBS and V4.0 is stand alone.

I would recommend getting a VAR that provides a 30-day money back guarantee, get SBS up and running now so that you have feel for the product. When you upgrade to Exchange, you can cancel the SBS and still purchase 4.0 through the VAR.
    how about the non-user based debug commands?
  15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmastr
    how about the non-user based debug commands?
    LOL! The others are used by our tech support team to troubleshoot.
    SBS 2000 is unsupported by GoodLink. You will need to have 2003 SBS inorder to run GoodLink. My company is one of those VAR's
    i just noticed something. when replying or replying all, i can type my message, however i can't modify or delete text that was already there. is this how GL is designed? sometimes i want to delete stuff in my reply that may not necessarily pertain to my reply. why can't i delete?
    Has anyone used both this hack AND GL on a Cingular Treo 650? I don't want to make my Good stop working, but sure would like dial Up networking...
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    i just noticed something. when replying or replying all, i can type my message, however i can't modify or delete text that was already there. is this how GL is designed? sometimes i want to delete stuff in my reply that may not necessarily pertain to my reply. why can't i delete?
    Yes, that is the way it is set up. The ability to delete text in a reply has been submitted as a feature request.
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    Has anyone used both this hack AND GL on a Cingular Treo 650? I don't want to make my Good stop working, but sure would like dial Up networking...
    you have to stop your data connection in order to use BT DUN (i believe). i've gotten it to work, but when i'm using DUN, my GL is offline.