Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    any way in the future that contacts in GL will show their name AND number when they call instead of just number?
    Dunno. I have heard we are working on ways to make the two more compatible, but that is about all the detail I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Dunno. I have heard we are working on ways to make the two more compatible, but that is about all the detail I have.
    Am I missing something? When a contact calls me, my Treo displays the name and number from the GoodLink contact database.
    Goodguy...anything I need to be aware of before I update with Sprint's new 1.12 ROM update?
  4.    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrair
    Goodguy...anything I need to be aware of before I update with Sprint's new 1.12 ROM update?
    Have not heard anything on it yet.
    ARRRRGGGG!

I just upgraded to the newest GSM Unlocked firmware, (which I am happy with)... and using the Prefereces/Applications menu (within Goodlink), selected to install a newer version of goodlink.

it downloaded sucessfully and is a huge file.

However, everytime I try to run it, it warns me that is will have to reset first.... which it does, but after the reset it doesn't start the install process for the newer version, so basically that install file is sitting someone, (taking up a ton of memory) and I can't get it to install.

please help ASAP

-M
    Last edited by WeeBitObsessed; 06/17/2005 at 11:06 AM.
    Nevermind.... I found out how to remove it... and I installed the newer version using get.good.com.

it was strange that it didn't work though
    Seems like a long time has gone by since the last release. When are we going to see more goodlink updates? Can you send us a roadmap?
  8.    #668  
    I am sorry you feel it has been a long time since our last release. I personally feel we have very aggressive with our releases. 4.0 was released in Jan/Feb time frame, with 4.0.3.6 being released in March. GoodAccess was released around the same time as 4.0 and the Small Business Server edition was released in March. Be that as it may, features from 4.5 are in internal Beta right now, as well as some others in customer Beta. There are some very nice enhancements in 4.5 that I think you will like . I can't, unfortunately, go into any detail, but I think a safe target release time frame will be around the end of the third quarter or so. That being said, you ask any developer and they will tell you firm release dates are never that.
    For a while we were seeing updates every month. Then they just stopped coming. Also, there is no really good version log on the good web site. I'd like to see some blogging and version history. I'd also like to see a road map of what to expect in future versions. For example, is file attachments to new emails going to be included in 4.5? This would really help me plan for the future.

Someone at good sent me the roadmap in the past and the only exciting thing I saw in the near future is support for the Windows smartphone.
  10.    #670  
    windows smartphone is about to go beta. the updates you were seeing were minor fixes leading up to 4.0. 4.5 is coming very quickly. Let me see how much I can provide regarding the update and see if I can find a version log as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    Seems like a long time has gone by since the last release. When are we going to see more goodlink updates? Can you send us a roadmap?
    Wasn't their last release in Feb? Announced in December but didn't release until Feb..
    goodguy,

sometimes i don't want to be constantly syncing my goodlink and i go offline. in the mean time, if i am at work and using outlook and constantly sending, receiving and deleting mail, calendar, tasks... when i go back online with goodlink, is there a way for it not to repeat every step that happened? in other words, if i receive 10 emails, and i delete those 10 emails, GL will first download the 10 emails into the GL inbox, then proceed to delete those 10 emails to get everything back in sync. sometimes i am offline for over a day, and it becomes a nuisance to have it go through the re-syncing steps. if it could be like imap, it will re-sync the inbox as it is at that point and not go through all the steps in between. hope this makes sense.

is it because everything is happening on your GL servers and its just repeating everything that i did on the outlook side?
  13.    #673  
    What happens is anytime there is activity on the Exchange server, it replicates that activity on the GoodLink enabled handheld. We have a technology called Positive Acknowledgement that is used to verify that messages, calendar events, etc, are received by the handheld. When the activity hits the device, it is pinged back to the NOC and then to the Exchange server. If the phone is out of coverage, turned off or in any other way not receiving data, the packet sits and waits until the phone comes back online to send it. So, in essence, each activity is a different session, so when you see the email come and disappear, that is the Positive Acknowledgement in action. While it does seem like a useless excersize, this makes the reliability of the GoodLink solution strong.
    GoodGuy,

Thanks for your participation here. It is very helpful. I am on version 4.0.3.6 of the GoodLink software running on an unbranded GSM Treo 650. Everything works great, except that I don't have a Notes application showing up in any category in the Palm home app launcher. I have other Good apps like Calendar, GoodPrefs, Compose, and Email, but no GoodNotes (or whatever it is called). Oddly, if I go to the Good Today screen and select the Notes icon, I get to the Notes functionality, but I don't see an app for it in the app launcher. The only reason I care is because I'd like to assign it to a button. When I use the Buttons preferences panel, there is no Notes application to select. The Palm Memo app is there, but that's not what I want.

I have reinstalled the Good software from scratch after a hard reset with no luck. Any advice is appreciated. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks.
    GoodGuy, what are the odds of allowing users to change the REPLY ALL button to be just a REPLY button? I'm sure you guys must've done something that suggested people use REPLY ALL more often ... but it sure doesn't seem to be the case in our environment.
  16.    #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkrp28
    GoodGuy,

Thanks for your participation here. It is very helpful. I am on version 4.0.3.6 of the GoodLink software running on an unbranded GSM Treo 650. Everything works great, except that I don't have a Notes application showing up in any category in the Palm home app launcher. I have other Good apps like Calendar, GoodPrefs, Compose, and Email, but no GoodNotes (or whatever it is called). Oddly, if I go to the Good Today screen and select the Notes icon, I get to the Notes functionality, but I don't see an app for it in the app launcher. The only reason I care is because I'd like to assign it to a button. When I use the Buttons preferences panel, there is no Notes application to select. The Palm Memo app is there, but that's not what I want.

I have reinstalled the Good software from scratch after a hard reset with no luck. Any advice is appreciated. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks.
    Interesting. Have you tried reprovisioning your phone?
  17.    #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap
    GoodGuy, what are the odds of allowing users to change the REPLY ALL button to be just a REPLY button? I'm sure you guys must've done something that suggested people use REPLY ALL more often ... but it sure doesn't seem to be the case in our environment.
    mishap..

If I had my choice, it would be that way. I don't know what caused us to make that button 'reply all' as opposed to just reply. I think I heard that it was once that way in older versions (before 3.X), but it was changed. Did you know you can just hit the 'R' key for reply?
    WKRP28 -

I had the same issue - no Notepad app icon .... reprovisioning didn't fix ...... I just had someone else beam the Notepad icon from their Treo to mine .......
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    mishap..

If I had my choice, it would be that way. I don't know what caused us to make that button 'reply all' as opposed to just reply. I think I heard that it was once that way in older versions (before 3.X), but it was changed. Did you know you can just hit the 'R' key for reply?
    Ya ... figured it out shortly after I posted that ... definitely convenient ... but now it begs the question: will you give me the option to remove it from the screen to regain a few lines of real estate? and still leaves open whether you folks plan on allowing users to customize it?
    Help! My employer has just switched their approved list to remove the Verizon Treo 650 (after having it listed last week as an approved device). They have told me that they cannot add Verizon 650s to the Good server until they upgrade to 4.0 later this year. Why is it possible to run the Treo 600 from Verizon on the server but not the 650? Is there any workaround to solve this issue? Is it something others have dealt with? I just went through living you know what to get Verizon to give me a corporate discount on the purchase of the equipment so I am a little discouraged!