Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    hello... is this "memoryinfo" tool posted in one of the messages in this thread? or somewhere else that i can download from?
    here
    I have TomTom installed on my 1 gig SD card.
    thanks tom for the memoryinfo link and thanks 26 for the tomtom info. i want to run tomtom but definately would need to install on sd card since i also have GL. good to know that it will run off of sd.

Quote Originally Posted by 26point2
    I have TomTom installed on my 1 gig SD card.
    GoodGuy, got another one for you. One of my users was commenting at how inferior task management is with GoodLink (even compared to Palm's Task app despite the lack of Outlook-esque interface) ... he wanted to know if we would be seeing improvements any time soon in that area?
    26point

by putting tomtom on your sd card does this eliminate the known conflict between Good and TomTom

Thanks
  6.    #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap
    GoodGuy, got another one for you. One of my users was commenting at how inferior task management is with GoodLink (even compared to Palm's Task app despite the lack of Outlook-esque interface) ... he wanted to know if we would be seeing improvements any time soon in that area?
    mishap..

Can you give me an idea as to what he finds inferior? I do not know of any specifics regarding changing that particular aspect of GoodLink, but I do know that we are looking at adding category functionality across the apps, but no idea as to when.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Can you give me an idea as to what he finds inferior? I do not know of any specifics regarding changing that particular aspect of GoodLink, but I do know that we are looking at adding category functionality across the apps, but no idea as to when.
    When I emailed him your response, this is how he responded:

One view.
    Sorted by priority or date due only.
    Few suggestions:
    Add category.
    Add sort by category.
    Add preview option to task so you don't have to open to seen notes.
    I think he's saying his main complaint is only having one view. He wants more options and you can see those options. One other thing ... I assume you guys can't support custom forms directly out of GoodLink, is that a GoodAccess thing?
  8.    #648  
    LOL...I figured it was categories/sorting. Working on it, though I don't know if it will be in the next major release or following that.

Custom Forms are a GoodAccess thing.
    Ok here is a kinda cheesy question, but is there anyway of getting peoples pictures to come up when they call? Since I use the Goodlink Contacts I can't seem to find a way to do this. Can I make my other Contacts list my defualt?
    other contacts list? You mean you got another contacts list than Goodlink to work while it was installed? Pray tell, how?
  11.    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    other contacts list? You mean you got another contacts list than Goodlink to work while it was installed? Pray tell, how?
    On the 650, you can use the Palm Native Contact Database, which is the one I am sure he is referring to.

Check this thread for information regarding picture Caller ID and GoodLink

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=86386
    GL sure messes up my contacts! i am trying to figure out if GL is the cause of my phone to freeze on occassions when i receive a call. i deleted the GL contacts hack so that i could have access to my palm native contacts. when i do that, my phone would freeze when i get an incoming call (not all the time) from a person on my palm native contacts and not GL contacts. so i was in the process of removing/deleting GL totally from my treo and it WIPED OUT MY PALM NATIVE CONTACTS!

now i wouldn't be so upset if i didn't have a backup and all i have to do is hotsync with my outlook and contacts should be restored. still crossing my fingers on that though. but why is there so much problems with GL playing "nice" with other apps and not overtake the entire treo when installed?!

so those of you who want to delete GL from your treo, just be aware that you could lose your palm native contacts if you are not careful.
    Some Subfolders, which are showing up perfectly in MD Exchange and Outlook Web Access simply dont appear as available inbox subfolders on my 650 with good. everything else is perfect... what can I do?
    If I remember right, for you need to add the folder in GoodLink via Prefs->Email delivery->Add Folder before it will start syncing.
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Some Subfolders, which are showing up perfectly in MD Exchange and Outlook Web Access simply dont appear as available inbox subfolders on my 650 with good. everything else is perfect... what can I do?
    Make sure they are inbox folders, not .PST files.

What Tom is referring to is if you have rules to move messages to folders, to get those moved messages to sync, then follow his steps.

If the folders are under your inbox but not showing in GoodLink, you may need to reprovision the phone.
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    GL sure messes up my contacts! i am trying to figure out if GL is the cause of my phone to freeze on occassions when i receive a call. i deleted the GL contacts hack so that i could have access to my palm native contacts. when i do that, my phone would freeze when i get an incoming call (not all the time) from a person on my palm native contacts and not GL contacts. so i was in the process of removing/deleting GL totally from my treo and it WIPED OUT MY PALM NATIVE CONTACTS!

now i wouldn't be so upset if i didn't have a backup and all i have to do is hotsync with my outlook and contacts should be restored. still crossing my fingers on that though. but why is there so much problems with GL playing "nice" with other apps and not overtake the entire treo when installed?!

so those of you who want to delete GL from your treo, just be aware that you could lose your palm native contacts if you are not careful.
    Unfortunately, that is correct. That is why in all the posts I have made regarding modifying the contacts I state make sure you back them up first as they will be deleted.

As for the freezing, I have not heard of that being caused by GL. Has anyone else had that issue?
    Unfortunately, that is correct. That is why in all the posts I have made regarding modifying the contacts I state make sure you back them up first as they will be deleted.

As for the freezing, I have not heard of that being caused by GL. Has anyone else had that issue?
    i'd like to add that i upgraded to the 1.23 firmware. whether that has anything to do with it freezing i don't know.

i've uninstalled GL, and so far my phone hasn't freezed up when i receive a call. when i did have GL installed, i deleted the GL contacts so that i had access to my native palm contacts. also, not sure if that has anything to do with the freezes.

next time i install GL, i will try and run it without deleting the GL contacts and see if it still freezes. if i do that, what happens when someone i had in my native palm contacts calls me? will their name show up? or just their number since they are in my palm contacts and not GL contacts database?
  18.    #658  
    The GL contacts are in no way connected to the caller ID. If you do not reinitialize the Palm contacts, the caller ID will show the number only.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    does anyone use some sort of spell check with good? If so, what do you use, and do you like it?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    any way in the future that contacts in GL will show their name AND number when they call instead of just number?

The GL contacts are in no way connected to the caller ID. If you do not reinitialize the Palm contacts, the caller ID will show the number only.