Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Do a pin reset
    did it. same thing. "database protected" error is coming in pop up window.

[Database:database protected (Dm 021B)]
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Sorry...I got it....I was deleting it within Zlauncher. I exited from it and went back to delete Goodlink and it deleted with confirmation of deleting goodlink application. My foolishness :-). Thanks for your help. Congrats on your company. Now you have access to all cingular customers directly. :-).
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Sorry...I got it....I was deleting it within Zlauncher. I exited from it and went back to delete Goodlink and it deleted with confirmation of deleting goodlink application. My foolishness :-). Thanks for your help. Congrats on your company. Now you have access to all cingular customers directly. :-).
    No problem. Hope you come back to the GoodLink fold

Thanks for the well wishes regarding Cingular. Things are buzzing like crazy around here. More good (no pun intended) stuff to come in the upcoming months as well.
    Your user should be receiving the automatically generated email from Exchange when he is close to the limit.
    The message is generated nightly. If he gets a large email during the day ... he's got nothing but a Treo with GoodLink that doesn't appear to work. It would be nice if GoodLink could at least send some sort of error message to the user in this circumstance.
  5.    #605  
    GoodLink only sends what Exchange can send, in other words, if Exchange won't send to Outlook, it won't send to the device.
    you are right. when i have goodlink running, my backupman fails to automatically backup at 1am every night. no errors. just doesn't do it. if i turn off goodlink (work offline), do a soft reset, then my backup runs automatically at the time specified.

and to prevent getting the fatal error message, i usually do a soft reset in the morning before i start anything.

so... turn off GL, do a soft reset before i sleep. when i wake up, perform another soft reset and then start GL.

thats terrible that backup app and GL would cause such problems and i know its a palm memory problem.

Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    I am refering to the Ram (working memory) that the 650 uses or otherwise also known as NVFS Cache. Certain programs use a lot of Ram and because of the real foolish lousy memory structure that the morons at palm put in place to begin with, there really isn't a lot of Ram to work with. Programs like Good and Backupman use a lot of Ram. When it gets too low it causes the 650 to crash.

Try this. reset your 650 (dont initilize Good). then do a backup, then run ('initilize' ) good. you will probably get this fatal error. What is happening is Backupman drags the memory down. When you go to use Good there isnt enough memory to run good and as a result crash! fatal error! This is what I found and just my own humble opinion. I am sure a lot of people can offer more.

There is a free utility called memory info. It is exactly what it says, info on your memory. I found it posted here on one of the threads. Do a search (sorry I cant find it now) and load it. Watch the middle called 'NVSF Cache (Ram)'. I bet if you try to do a backup with the memory below 3000k it will fail. Watch this info after using various apps and you will learn which apps use a lot of Ram and then you can work from there.

There is also another program called autoexec (also found out bout it here). with this you can set it to auto run a program after a soft reset (I have it set to Good). You can also soft reset from the app w/o taking off the back cover. I use this to manually soft reset w/o the stylus (or in otherwords 'clear the cache' which brings the memory back up) and I also use it to run good in case the 650 resets on its own, since Good needs to be 'initialized' after a soft reset.

I am trying to set it up to do all this automatically, like soft reset (to clear the cache) run a backup, soft reset again then run good. I will let you know how I make out. (of course this would all be done during the night)

Sorry so long but hope it helped.
    AC
    thats terrible that backup app and GL would cause such problems and i know its a palm memory problem.[/QUOTE]

yep, a real horrible problem that palm created.
    Exchange/Outlook has 3 address fields: home, business, and other. When I imported from Palm all my addresses went to "other". However, Goodlink doesn't display "other". Any ideas?
  9.    #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    Exchange/Outlook has 3 address fields: home, business, and other. When I imported from Palm all my addresses went to "other". However, Goodlink doesn't display "other". Any ideas?
    Good Contacts supports two addresses, business and home. The only thing I can think you could do would be to re-import into Outlook contacts and associate the address with the business address fields.
    I think this question was asked, but never answered. Our voice mail system is Cisco Unity. I can't listen to the attached wav files in Goodlink. Pocket Tunes, which I installed on my Palm, plays uncompressed wav files.

My tech says:

They are uncompressed, they are G711 ulaw which is 64K uncompressed, your palm looks for other codecs. Iím not aware of a palm player.

Any ideas from anyone?
  11.    #611  
    mVoiceMail from motionapps will work

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvm
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    I think this question was asked, but never answered. Our voice mail system is Cisco Unity. I can't listen to the attached wav files in Goodlink. Pocket Tunes, which I installed on my Palm, plays uncompressed wav files.

My tech says:

They are uncompressed, they are G711 ulaw which is 64K uncompressed, your palm looks for other codecs. Iím not aware of a palm player.

Any ideas from anyone?
    This was asked and WAS answered. A simple search of the word 'wav' on this thread would have gotten u your answer.
    Look at page 12, post #234 and on.
    Well, I got my voice mail attachment question answered. How about reading PDF files? I get my faxes in PDF. I know there was some other program out there, but the links no longer work.
  14.    #614  
    This is a Palm OS issue. Unless someone else knows of an app that will work, the only way I know to view a PDF in native format is to convert it through the Adobe desktop conversion tool and then hot sync it to the device.
    GoodGuy,

My company just got the GoodLink sw. I have been a treo user for about 2 years. I was syncing my info between home and work on my 600. With Good, how do I set up my computers to sync the contact and calendar info now? Work is done with GoodLink, what can I do for my home?

thx
    Claudius
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius
    GoodGuy,

My company just got the GoodLink sw. I have been a treo user for about 2 years. I was syncing my info between home and work on my 600. With Good, how do I set up my computers to sync the contact and calendar info now? Work is done with GoodLink, what can I do for my home?

thx
    Claudius
    I'm having the same problem. If you figure it out please post it here.
    Good Guy,

Thanks for your help on this forum. I am strongly considering GoodLink for my small nonprofit organization of 10 people, which has an in-house MS Exchange server.

After reading all 31 pages of this thread (and the GL FAQ), I still have a few questions:

1. The GoodLink server should reside on the same computer as the Exchange server, correct? (The GoodLink rep I talked to several weeks ago said that it needed to run on a separate computer, but I haven't heard that viewpoint voiced on this forum.)

2. On the Treo 650, does GL wipe out the native Palm calendar? (I'm hoping to hotsync my native Palm (personal) calendar to the Palm Desktop as I've done in the past, and begin synching my Outlook (office) calendar wirelessly to GoodLink.) I prefer that the native Palm calendar be the default, but it's not a big deal which one is the default as long as I can keep them separate.

3. Can nested Outlook contact folders (i.e. contact subfolders) be synched to GL, or is this only possible with the main Outlook contact folder and public contact folders?

4. Can you briefly explain GoodAccess, because I don't understand it. Is it basically a VPN application server for ERP applications, Crystal Reports, etc.?. If so, how does it work without the client software being installed on the Treo? Or is it mainly used to view network files? How much does it cost, in addition to the $330 annual GL per-license fee?

5. Right now I'm the only Treo user in our organization (we have 2 BB users), with another Treo user expected in the next 6 months. Can I get a single license seat from GL as you mentioned on p. 16 of this thread for $330/year? Can you tell me whom I should contact about this?

6. Is there a search function for GL email, similar to Outlook's Find/Advanced Find function? Also, is there a search function for the other GL apps, such as contacts & calendar?

7. In order for GL to function correctly, approximately how much free memory do I need on my Treo (after GL is installed)?

8. The 30-day trial version of GL works exactly the same as the subscription version, correct? And after I'm finished evaluating the trial version, I just purchase the single license seat, right?

Thanks in advance for the help!
  18.    #618  
    1. The GoodLink server should reside on the same computer as the Exchange server, correct? (The GoodLink rep I talked to several weeks ago said that it needed to run on a separate computer, but I haven't heard that viewpoint voiced on this forum.)
    The GoodLink server must run on a separate computer from your Exchange Server. While some will say they have run it on their Exchange box, we do not support that configuration.

2. On the Treo 650, does GL wipe out the native Palm calendar? (I'm hoping to hotsync my native Palm (personal) calendar to the Palm Desktop as I've done in the past, and begin synching my Outlook (office) calendar wirelessly to GoodLink.) I prefer that the native Palm calendar be the default, but it's not a big deal which one is the default as long as I can keep them separate.
    We don't 'wipe out' the calendar, we simply utilize the GoodLink Calendar for all syncing.

3. Can nested Outlook contact folders (i.e. contact subfolders) be synched to GL, or is this only possible with the main Outlook contact folder and public contact folders?
    We support Public Contact folders, but not personal (i.e., categories). Working on that for future releases.

4. Can you briefly explain GoodAccess, because I don't understand it. Is it basically a VPN application server for ERP applications, Crystal Reports, etc.?. If so, how does it work without the client software being installed on the Treo? Or is it mainly used to view network files? How much does it cost, in addition to the $330 annual GL per-license fee?
    GoodAccess is an entirely separate appplication that allows access to back office applications such as CRM, ERP, Oracle, etc; anything that supports WSDL can be accessed via GoodAccess. It has a separate client interface from GoodLink. The cost varies because there are professional services invloved, but runs roughly $400 per year per user.

5. Right now I'm the only Treo user in our organization (we have 2 BB users), with another Treo user expected in the next 6 months. Can I get a single license seat from GL as you mentioned on p. 16 of this thread for $330/year? Can you tell me whom I should contact about this?
    Unfortunately, the only way to currently get started is with a 5-user starter pack. There was once a way to "work around" that requirement, but that is no longer available. We do offer a substantial non-profit discount (only have to provide a copy of your 501(c)(3)) that makes it much easier to swallow. The other option is to go through Cingular, where there is a $1500 initial maintenance/server fee and then each person you add is a single $99 charge. There would then be a $1500 per year recurring fee. In contrast, with our non-profit pricing, for a 5-user, 2-year subscription would be $1980.

6. Is there a search function for GL email, similar to Outlook's Find/Advanced Find function? Also, is there a search function for the other GL apps, such as contacts & calendar?
    There is the 'find' command for email and a search for contacts. These are the only GL apps that have search features. Future versions will have that feature for the other applications.

7. In order for GL to function correctly, approximately how much free memory do I need on my Treo (after GL is installed)?
    The GL footprint is about 8MB. I have moved Docs2Go to my card and have about 7.8MB free on my Treo and run flawlessly. Now, with that being said, there are others here who may be able to give you a better answer as to a minimum amount of memory needed as there are those, I know, running GoodLink with less memory than I.

8. The 30-day trial version of GL works exactly the same as the subscription version, correct? And after I'm finished evaluating the trial version, I just purchase the single license seat, right?
    Correct. After 30 days, when you decide to keep GoodLink, we send you an invoice. You don't have to do anything to your installation, etc.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and thanks for your interest in GoodLink.
    Am I the only guy in the world with low memory on my Treo 650? I only have Goodlink and Handmark's Express application (a must for any Treo user), I have moved Docs to Go to my 1 GB expansion card, and I still have only 800k left...

1. I have lots of email folders, but don't want to delete files, because then they get deleted on my desktop Outlook and I want to keep them.

2. Can anything from Goodlink run on expansion card?

3. Is there a cache anywhere that needs to be cleared?

4. Any other ideas?

I have 800k...
    We don't 'wipe out' the calendar, we simply utilize the GoodLink Calendar for all syncing.
    That said, is there a way for users to actually get into the Palm Calendar once GL is installed? Or a way to allow other Treo applications the ability (or choice) to use the Palm vs. GL contacts, for example, when doing lookups? In general, I'd be OK if GL was the only contact DB i could use, except that while it doesn't seem to actually integrate with other Palm apps ("You must enable this from GL Contacts application." message) it also seems to hook itself in to replace the usual default application as well.

If there is a supported way to selectively disassociate certain applications where both GL and Palm PIM apps are desired, it would be great to know how...