Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    I think as soon as you access the attachment the alert goes away. I suspect the *intent* of the alert was to let you know the download was done, with the presumption that you wouldn't sit around in GL waiting for it to happen. But I guess this shows that may not be applicable in all cases (or for all attachments, in case it was small).
    I believe it is controlled by the GL Preferences->Notification->"More" received->Show On-screen Alert option. Like with all Treo alerts if you don't ack the on-screen alert (possibly because you switched to another app), it goes onto the alert queue which is what the flashing asterisk is meant to tell you.

While I believe the above is true, I couldn't duplicate your situation on my 650 running GL 4.0.36, so I may be wrong. For me, I typically wait for the d/l to complete and then get a small notice window saying "download is complete".
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    I think as soon as you access the attachment the alert goes away. I suspect the *intent* of the alert was to let you know the download was done, with the presumption that you wouldn't sit around in GL waiting for it to happen. But I guess this shows that may not be applicable in all cases (or for all attachments, in case it was small).
    nope, as soon as i access the attachment and while its opening up in docs2go, the asterisk starts flashing on the top left corner. and even when i exit docs2go, and go back to the good email, its still flashing. i have to either tap on the asterisk or go to the phone app then press and hold the center button to bring up the alerts, and then to a clear all. thats the only way it will stop flashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I believe it is controlled by the GL Preferences->Notification->"More" received->Show On-screen Alert option. Like with all Treo alerts if you don't ack the on-screen alert (possibly because you switched to another app), it goes onto the alert queue which is what the flashing asterisk is meant to tell you.

While I believe the above is true, I couldn't duplicate your situation on my 650 running GL 4.0.36, so I may be wrong. For me, I typically wait for the d/l to complete and then get a small notice window saying "download is complete".

what kind of attachment did you download? i downloaded a excel spreadsheet, and i did a "view high quality"... when i do that, it immediately opens docs2go. i don't even get a notice window that says "download is complete".

i just tried another download. this time a word document. after i selected "view high quality" the download started and as soon as it completed, it fired up docs2go with the asterisk flashing again. but as soon as i exited docs2go, the asterisk stopped.

not sure if this did it or not but i went into good preferences, notification and unchecked show on-screen alert.

oh wait... no that didn't work. within good, the asterisk stops flashing, but when i exit good, there it is... its flashing again. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. it seems like after i hit the X in the yellow good notification bar on the bottom, that the asterisk goes away when i exit goodlink.i guess thats the notification you were talking about within GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    what kind of attachment did you download? i downloaded a excel spreadsheet, and i did a "view high quality"... when i do that, it immediately opens docs2go. i don't even get a notice window that says "download is complete".

i just tried another download. this time a word document. after i selected "view high quality" the download started and as soon as it completed, it fired up docs2go with the asterisk flashing again. but as soon as i exited docs2go, the asterisk stopped.

not sure if this did it or not but i went into good preferences, notification and unchecked show on-screen alert.

oh wait... no that didn't work. within good, the asterisk stops flashing, but when i exit good, there it is... its flashing again. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. it seems like after i hit the X in the yellow good notification bar on the bottom, that the asterisk goes away when i exit goodlink.i guess thats the notification you were talking about within GL.
    Like I said, I couldn't precisely duplicated the situation you were seeing. In my test, I d/l'd a gif and xls but did the Save to Card option - perhaps that made the difference.

When you hold the center button or press the asterisk to see the list of alerts, what exactly does the alert on that screen show? If the list of alerts there is empty, I'm really puzzled.
    you couldn't duplicate my problem because you didn't follow exactly what i did. if i save attachment to card, i do not get the flashing asterisk.

try and do a "VIEW HIGH QUALITY" ... do not do "DOWNLOAD TO CARD"

in the list of alerts, all it says is:
    Attachment:
    File: filename.doc

if you do view high quality, it will fireup docs2go automatically. exit docs2go, then exit GL. then see if the asterisk is flashing.

thanks for testing these out! not sure what happened to goodguy

Like I said, I couldn't precisely duplicated the situation you were seeing. In my test, I d/l'd a gif and xls but did the Save to Card option - perhaps that made the difference.

When you hold the center button or press the asterisk to see the list of alerts, what exactly does the alert on that screen show? If the list of alerts there is empty, I'm really puzzled.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    you couldn't duplicate my problem because you didn't follow exactly what i did. if i save attachment to card, i do not get the flashing asterisk.

try and do a "VIEW HIGH QUALITY" ... do not do "DOWNLOAD TO CARD"

in the list of alerts, all it says is:
    Attachment:
    File: filename.doc

if you do view high quality, it will fireup docs2go automatically. exit docs2go, then exit GL. then see if the asterisk is flashing.

thanks for testing these out! not sure what happened to goodguy
    Sure enough, View High Quality made the difference - I see the problem now. I typically don't have enough cache to view most attachments (even with 5M free) so I don't usually try VHQ mode.

I did a couple of experiments with .txt files (MemoPad as the viewing app) and found that if you uncheck the GL Preferences->Notification->"More" received->Show On-screen Alert option, now I just get a bong sound without the flashing asterisk/alert. I know you said that didn't work for you, but you might want to try it again to make sure the option stayed unchecked. FWIW, I'm on a Sprint 650 running GL 4.0.0.59
    as a matter of fact, i only have 4.8mb left on my device too. but viewing high quality always worked.

i think that did the trick. i unchecked show on-screen alert under more received and all i get is the bong now and no flashing asterisk in either the GL app or palm alerts! thanks tom! i am on cingular with GL 4.0.3.6

Sure enough, View High Quality made the difference - I see the problem now. I typically don't have enough cache to view most attachments (even with 5M free) so I don't usually try VHQ mode.

I did a couple of experiments with .txt files (MemoPad as the viewing app) and found that if you uncheck the GL Preferences->Notification->"More" received->Show On-screen Alert option, now I just get a bong sound without the flashing asterisk/alert. I know you said that didn't work for you, but you might want to try it again to make sure the option stayed unchecked. FWIW, I'm on a Sprint 650 running GL 4.0.0.59
    Good to hear it. Another great mystery resolved
    Is there any way to have my 650 phone default to the palm contacts rather than the good contacts?

Have latest GL.

Thanks
    -Matt
    Unfortunately no.

Since the GL Contacts capability is pretty decent as it is, I'd be happy with it playing nicer with other Treo apps. E.g. other mail apps (VM, SM, etc) can use the contacts as if they were coming from the native contacts db. Not sure there is an API interface to do this around the native Contacts app (kind of doubt there is), but if there was and GL acted as a "server" for this info, we'd have nice integration with any other app. Ok, just dreaming.

You can have both GL and native Contacts at the same time, but of course that takes more precious memory, so it's not very practical. I have a few key ones defined in the native Contacts app just for the sake of VersaMail. I don't sync this db though I think it's possible even with GL installed.
    Good Guy: One of my users has been regularly hitting is mailbox limit on Exchange and GoodLink doesn't notify him there's a problem and in fact, it just looks like GoodLink isn't working. Is this a bug or a feature? :P
    I changed server and Device I use for Goodlink. How can I un-install Goodlink from previous Treo. I had Treo650 with sprint and now I have Un-branded Treo650 with Tmobile. Goodguy? Help!
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap
    Good Guy: One of my users has been regularly hitting is mailbox limit on Exchange and GoodLink doesn't notify him there's a problem and in fact, it just looks like GoodLink isn't working. Is this a bug or a feature? :P
    Your user should be receiving the automatically generated email from Exchange when he is close to the limit.
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    I changed server and Device I use for Goodlink. How can I un-install Goodlink from previous Treo. I had Treo650 with sprint and now I have Un-branded Treo650 with Tmobile. Goodguy? Help!
    Delete the files:
    GoodLink
    GoodPrefs
    GLInsMetaData
    GLLogDB
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Delete the files:
    GoodLink
    GoodPrefs
    GLInsMetaData
    GLLogDB
    I am not able to. All other files I can delete but Goodlink file, I cant delete it, it gives me error. Help?
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
  17.    #597  
    I am not able to. All other files I can delete but Goodlink file, I cant delete it, it gives me error. Help?
    Do a hard reset to stop GoodLink from running, then delete the files.
    when u say hard reset, u mean to say to set it back to factory settings? And if that is what you mean, how will I recover other programs? If I did restore thingy, it will restore Goodlink as well, isnt it?
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
  19.    #599  
    Do a pin reset
    when u say hard reset, u mean to say to set it back to factory settings? And if that is what you mean, how will I recover other programs? If I did restore thingy, it will restore Goodlink as well, isnt it?
    I believe he's talking about a restart where you hold the up arrow on the 5-way contoller. The other reset (where you hold the red power key while restarting) is quite different. I believe that the "hard" reset (up arrow) prevents background services from loading, which would then allow you to delete the Goodlink file.

Note that you will need to do a normal "warm" reset in order to get your device back in it's usual operating mode afterward.