Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
  1.    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    Hi

I want to get Good but my IT dept. will only support BB - I'm trying to figure out how to pull it off

1. Where can I buy a single acount? - is MailStreet my only option
    2. Will I be able to sync my calendar and mail with an account from someone like MStreet
    3. Has Good or TomTom resolved the issue with conflict of the 2 programs --- cant live without the TT these days
    4. Are there any plans for Phone carriers to offer Good service the way they offer BB

Thanks
    B
    1. MailStreet is a hosted Exchange provider, so you would have to have an Exchange account with them to use hosted GoodLink.

2. Same as #1. If you had your Exchange account with them, then yes.

3. It is being worked on. It is my understanding that TomTom is testing with GoodLink right now and hopefully will have a solution.

4. Rumors are all I can provide as it regards to carriers, so I can't comment. Nothing official has been said or rolled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Sorry about that...this thread is a bit tough to follow sometimes. Let me see what I can find.
    No problem, I understand what you mean .
    Dont worry I'll remind you if needed.

Thanks.
  3.    #563  
    I checked with one of our SE's and he said that you can't delete those MM* apps as they are in the ROM. He was also under the impression they could not be deleted with something like FileZ. Outside of that, we don't use 'em.
    GG - is MailStreet the only one I can purchase a single license from ----- thanks
  5.    #565  
    Do a google search for hosted goodlink. There are other providers out there as well.
    GoodGuy,

couple of weeks back I posted re: dates on tasks changing when travelling from East. to Central time zones - have you been able to get any explanations or work-arounds for this ?
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any screenshots of the GoodLink app running on a Treo?
    There are screenshots in the GL doc
  9.    #569  
    you can also view a video of the app running on Treo or PPC at http://www.good.com/demos/
    goodguy, what is this error i just got on my treo 650/goodlink 4.x?

fatal error
    c:\build\release\skyy_sr_one\4_0_3\build_6\client_server_all\gx\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:536
    GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @ 650

this is when i tried to start the goodlink program

i had to do a soft reset because clicking on OK on that fatal error screen didn't work. after the soft reset, everything worked again.
    if i'm not using good access, can i delete the good access app from the treo so i can free up a little more room?
  12. AKC
    My company finally gave in to me after 6 months of begging. I will have good on my 650 by Monday. They have installed good. I cant wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    goodguy, what is this error i just got on my treo 650/goodlink 4.x?

fatal error
    c:\build\release\skyy_sr_one\4_0_3\build_6\client_server_all\gx\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:536
    GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @ 650

this is when i tried to start the goodlink program

i had to do a soft reset because clicking on OK on that fatal error screen didn't work. after the soft reset, everything worked again.
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I dont exactly know what was happening but I believe it happened cause the cache memory was low. By me it would happen first thing in the morning.

Backupbuddy would run while I was sleeping and it uses a lot of Ram. What I would suggest (until Good figures out a way to deal with Palms lousy memory structure) is to try to set up your 650 to clear the cache at those times when you think it may be running low. You can add some utilities to help you do this. I am working it out on mine now and it seems to be helping. Let me know if this helps and if you need more info.
    I checked with one of our SE's and he said that you can't delete those MM* apps as they are in the ROM. He was also under the impression they could not be deleted with something like FileZ. Outside of that, we don't use 'em.
    Several threads say to delete them and that people have been doing it successfully. 'MMnotify' created by 'asc4' is in the rom but 'mmnotify send' (which causes the error messages) is created by acs3, not in the rom and can be deleted. They have been using file z to do this. I will try it out, since you confirmed that Good doesnt utilize them.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    GG - is MailStreet the only one I can purchase a single license from ----- thanks
    I have been using Mi8 (Mi8.com) for over a year and a half now. I was one of their first beta testers and was the first customer to be migrated onto their 'live' server recently when they upgraded to 4.0 and went out of beta.
    (incidently it was the Good sales rep that recommended them)

I am very happy with them and most important to me is that they have a track record for reliabilty and security. Add it to your list to check out and see what is best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I dont exactly know what was happening but I believe it happened cause the cache memory was low. By me it would happen first thing in the morning.

Backupbuddy would run while I was sleeping and it uses a lot of Ram. What I would suggest (until Good figures out a way to deal with Palms lousy memory structure) is to try to set up your 650 to clear the cache at those times when you think it may be running low. You can add some utilities to help you do this. I am working it out on mine now and it seems to be helping. Let me know if this helps and if you need more info.

what do you mean clear the cache? the only way i know of is in the blazer browser?

i use backupman and that runs every night. i've been runnng goodlink 4.x now for about 2 weeks and this is the first time i saw that fatal error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    what do you mean clear the cache? the only way i know of is in the blazer browser?

i use backupman and that runs every night. i've been runnng goodlink 4.x now for about 2 weeks and this is the first time i saw that fatal error message.
    I am refering to the Ram (working memory) that the 650 uses or otherwise also known as NVFS Cache. Certain programs use a lot of Ram and because of the real foolish lousy memory structure that the morons at palm put in place to begin with, there really isn't a lot of Ram to work with. Programs like Good and Backupman use a lot of Ram. When it gets too low it causes the 650 to crash.

Try this. reset your 650 (dont initilize Good). then do a backup, then run ('initilize' ) good. you will probably get this fatal error. What is happening is Backupman drags the memory down. When you go to use Good there isnt enough memory to run good and as a result crash! fatal error! This is what I found and just my own humble opinion. I am sure a lot of people can offer more.

There is a free utility called memory info. It is exactly what it says, info on your memory. I found it posted here on one of the threads. Do a search (sorry I cant find it now) and load it. Watch the middle called 'NVSF Cache (Ram)'. I bet if you try to do a backup with the memory below 3000k it will fail. Watch this info after using various apps and you will learn which apps use a lot of Ram and then you can work from there.

There is also another program called autoexec (also found out bout it here). with this you can set it to auto run a program after a soft reset (I have it set to Good). You can also soft reset from the app w/o taking off the back cover. I use this to manually soft reset w/o the stylus (or in otherwords 'clear the cache' which brings the memory back up) and I also use it to run good in case the 650 resets on its own, since Good needs to be 'initialized' after a soft reset.

I am trying to set it up to do all this automatically, like soft reset (to clear the cache) run a backup, soft reset again then run good. I will let you know how I make out. (of course this would all be done during the night)

Sorry so long but hope it helped.
    AC
    I'm new to both the Treo 650 and to Palm handhelds in general. I just switched from a Samsung i600 (Windows Mobile 2003) for the express purpose of having push email. I've had the phone now for a few days but I just got Goodlink installed a few hours ago. I did some preliminary searches but didn't find immediate answers so I'll ask them here. If they've been repeated in the thread I apologize but I can't read nearly 600 posts.

If I sync via Goodlink to my corporate Exchange server and then by cable to my home pc, will all the data (contacts, calendar, notes) be duplicated and eventually out-of-sync or will the sync with my home pc update Goodlink's client which will in turn update my Exchange server?

How do I associate photos to contacts? It was obvious with the standard contacts list but I don't see it for Goodlink.

Thanks in advance.
    1. MailStreet is a hosted Exchange provider, so you would have to have an Exchange account with them to use hosted GoodLink.

2. Same as #1. If you had your Exchange account with them, then yes.

3. It is being worked on. It is my understanding that TomTom is testing with GoodLink right now and hopefully will have a solution.

4. Rumors are all I can provide as it regards to carriers, so I can't comment. Nothing official has been said or rolled out.
    Just wanted to follow up on previous users requests to get goodlink and tomtom to work together. I too made an inquiry with tomtom about this, and all they would say is that to use tomtom I'll have to remove goodlink from my Treo. It's critical for me to have both applications on my Treo, any further news here would be of great interest.

BTW, does anyone know if mapopolis and goodlink have issues also, or if it's only with tomtom.
    every time i view an attachment (view high quality) excel or word, the treo alert flashes (asterisk in top left corner). and all the alert says is attachment: file xxxxxxxx

thats irritating! why does it need to alert me when i download/view an attachment. obviously i know i've downloaded it to view. is there any way to disable that within goodlink? is that the "show on screen alert" check box in preferences?