Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by nadella
    Dear Good Guy,

Doesthe Good Link supports the Synching of Public Folders, if not do you any companies out there who does support the same.

Regards,
    NK
    We support public contact folders. We are working on supporting public message folders for a future release.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am sure this is answered somewhere, just cant seem to find it.. is there a way to set GoodLink to be offline (well actually rather just not vibrate/beep) during certain hours (like chattermail).. a sort of sleep mode..

I know I can go an manually click "work offline", but doing that every single night is kind of annoying (and I am prone to forget and hear my wife yells to stop that thing from making noise)..

maybe if not in goodlink there is a 3rd party app that can turn off all alerts during certain hours (so i can get some sleep)..???
  3.    #543  
    The work offline mode is the only way currently to do what you are looking for. I understand we are working on setting up the ability set time frames for connection.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    The work offline mode is the only way currently to do what you are looking for. I understand we are working on setting up the ability set time frames for connection.
    are there any 3rd party apps that do something like surpressing notfications during certain hours?.. it doesnt look like treo-butler does it..
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    are there any 3rd party apps that do something like surpressing notfications during certain hours?.. it doesnt look like treo-butler does it..
    Not that I know of, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I personally don't know of one. You may want to try TreoAlertMgr as it allows for vibrate on calendar events and has the ability to set up time frames
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    Got the same problem with Good notification pop up with sound alerts. What I have done is I use this freeware Palm tool known as "Profiles". This tool allow me to set different profiles with high customised all palm "Prefs" settings for needs in different timeframe i.e. Day, Night or whatever just like the standard mobile phone profiles. The best part is that it can set the exact time of day to switch between profiles automatically and lessen my trouble to go to do it. It is even can linked to your side button to toggle and choose your desired set profile. In this way, I don't get wake up in middle of night with all the wrong alarm triggers.
    Dear Good Guy,

I have been using Goodlink v3.8 and recently upgrade to Goodlink v4.0.3.6 for Treo650. Notice that the backup option seems different for this two version especially for the backup menu in GoodPref.

In Good3.x client, with the backup in my SD card for my Good, whenever I insert my backup SD card into the Treo, it will prompt me if I want to restore my Goodlink with the pin input. However, I don't get the same response when I upgrade to Good4.x client. I would like to know how to enable such prompt back as it seems like there is no option for me to restore my Good backup on my SD card at all??

Your advice appreciated.
    Being that you deleted the Good Contact, everything is defaulting to your Palm contacts. Reprovision your phone and all should return to normal.
    GoodGuy,

I understand that Good Contact seems to be primary contact palmdb and sort of override the use of Palm contact and GSM SIM book contacts on Treo. Your solution seems to solve the switch back to Palm contacts when necessary and do away with Good Contact.

May I know if Good will be working to allow co-exist use and selection of whichever contacts in the coming Good update? Reason is I am trying to migrate several users from traditional mobile phone with contacts on their SIM book or Palm contacts to Good and it has been really difficult due to lack of tools around to get this contacts migration going.

Thanks.
  9.    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoSG1
    Dear Good Guy,

I have been using Goodlink v3.8 and recently upgrade to Goodlink v4.0.3.6 for Treo650. Notice that the backup option seems different for this two version especially for the backup menu in GoodPref.

In Good3.x client, with the backup in my SD card for my Good, whenever I insert my backup SD card into the Treo, it will prompt me if I want to restore my Goodlink with the pin input. However, I don't get the same response when I upgrade to Good4.x client. I would like to know how to enable such prompt back as it seems like there is no option for me to restore my Good backup on my SD card at all??

Your advice appreciated.
    Wow...I never noticed that with 4.0. Let me do some digging as this is pretty important
  10.    #550  
    GoodGuy,

I understand that Good Contact seems to be primary contact palmdb and sort of override the use of Palm contact and GSM SIM book contacts on Treo. Your solution seems to solve the switch back to Palm contacts when necessary and do away with Good Contact.

May I know if Good will be working to allow co-exist use and selection of whichever contacts in the coming Good update? Reason is I am trying to migrate several users from traditional mobile phone with contacts on their SIM book or Palm contacts to Good and it has been really difficult due to lack of tools around to get this contacts migration going.

Thanks.
    I don't foresee such a radical change to our architecture. A somewhat cludgy way would be to export existing Palm contacts to the Outlook contacts which will then sync with GoodLink.
  11.    #551  
    Wow...I never noticed that with 4.0. Let me do some digging as this is pretty important
    With 4.0, when you pop the SD card out and pop it back it, it does a check of what is on your device and what is on the card. If there is a difference or files missing, it will ask if you want to restore from the card. If there is no change/missing files, nothing happens.
    With 4.0, when you pop the SD card out and pop it back it, it does a check of what is on your device and what is on the card. If there is a difference or files missing, it will ask if you want to restore from the card. If there is no change/missing files, nothing happens.
    GoodGuy,

Just did a Good backup earlier after reading your message and test with delete the GoodAccess and Forms on my Treo. Try out the advice you given but did not get the prompt appear or detect the files is "lost" to suggest restore?
    I know the GL restore in 4.0.x works, because I've used it. But not having used 3.x I didn't realize there was a change. And I *have* noticed that during restore operations, it seems to do a bunch before it prompts me to enter my restore password. This seemed odd to me since one would assume the password was there to prevent the restore if you didn't have it. But perhaps they overwrite the files and then decrypt them afterward? Dunno. I do know that the restore works... I just hadn't paid that much attention to when it propmted me for the password.
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    Goodguy or anyone else,

Does Goodlink need or utilize any of the following files? Specifically MMnotify.

MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

I have had resets recently from it (mmnotify) and have done much research on it on the forums. Seems a lot of versamail people were having this file get corrupt and were being instructed to delete it. I have noticed this happen when I connect to the web (it can happen when connecting w/any program that uses data). I would like to delete it (and the other files) as the threads have suggested but I want to first make sure that Good doesnt utilize or need any of them.

Also can anyone tell me what exactly mmnotify does or how the treo 650 (w/sprint) uses it?

This is important cause some have mistaken their resets to be caused by Good when it was really this mmnotify connecting.
    Goodguy,

Seems like you missed my earlier post (see above) . Can you ask the Good programers this question (above) and get back to me. Thanks.
    Got the same problem with Good notification pop up with sound alerts. What I have done is I use this freeware Palm tool known as "Profiles". This tool allow me to set different profiles with high customised all palm "Prefs" settings for needs in different timeframe i.e. Day, Night or whatever just like the standard mobile phone profiles. The best part is that it can set the exact time of day to switch between profiles automatically and lessen my trouble to go to do it. It is even can linked to your side button to toggle and choose your desired set profile. In this way, I don't get wake up in middle of night with all the wrong alarm triggers.
    Can u post a link to where we can find this "Profiles"? thx!
    Can u post a link to where we can find this "Profiles"? thx!
    You can get the profiles at http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...profiles.shtml
    Thx!
    Hi

I want to get Good but my IT dept. will only support BB - I'm trying to figure out how to pull it off

1. Where can I buy a single acount? - is MailStreet my only option
    2. Will I be able to sync my calendar and mail with an account from someone like MStreet
    3. Has Good or TomTom resolved the issue with conflict of the 2 programs --- cant live without the TT these days
    4. Are there any plans for Phone carriers to offer Good service the way they offer BB

Thanks
    B
  19.    #559  
    Goodguy,

Seems like you missed my earlier post (see above) . Can you ask the Good programers this question (above) and get back to me. Thanks.
    Sorry about that...this thread is a bit tough to follow sometimes. Let me see what I can find.
    Thanks -