Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    GoodGuy /Anyone

I used to be able to search my Treo 650 contacts by company name. Ever since I installed Goodlink, I can only search my Goodlink contacts by first and last name. Sometimes I just don't remember someone's name.... How can I search by company name?
    I think the trick here is that the Contact "application" does nothing but actually run part of the "Goodlink" application. So while your contacts may function, you just won't have the launcher shortcut to get to them. You should still be able to access them by launching goodlink (today app) and selecting the contact option, or using the contact shortcut key on the keyboard (usu alt-phone(green) ).
    GoodGuy / Anyone

The Treo 650 asks you if you want to add a contact that has just called you. It gets added to the phone's contacts, not Good contacts. How can I get it to add to Good Contacts?
  4.    #524  
    Being that you deleted the Good Contact, everything is defaulting to your Palm contacts. Reprovision your phone and all should return to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Being that you deleted the Good Contact, everything is defaulting to your Palm contacts. Reprovision your phone and all should return to normal.

How do I reprovision? Over the Air again?
    hey goodguy,

in contacts, what exactly is the category company history? it sort of looks like a partial of my GAL but doesn't have everyone thats supposed to be in the GAL. can the GAL lookup only be accessed while composing a new message?
  7.    #528  
    islandsnow..

The corporate history in the contacts is the last 250 contacts accessed. The GAL look up is not available in contacts. I have submitted that feature to our development folks. You can use public contact folders for a "GAL like" access, which is how we do it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    GoodGuy /Anyone

I used to be able to search my Treo 650 contacts by company name. Ever since I installed Goodlink, I can only search my Goodlink contacts by first and last name. Sometimes I just don't remember someone's name.... How can I search by company name?
    You will have to change the preference if you want to search by company name. When in contacts... Go to menu>options>Contact options and change the 'sort by' to company name. I believe that is what you were asking. Let us know if it is.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    does anyone know if there is a way to send a MMS with goodLink? seems I can only send SMS.. I have submitted it as a feature request, but curious if anyone has come up with a workaround..
    I loved Goodlink until about 12 hours ago. My Treo 650 handheld lost connection according to the Goodlink Online Portal in the middle of the night while I was sleeping and never recovered. After restarting my handheld a number of times (powercycle) and confirming that in had a connection to the internet, I decided to try deleting all of the Goodlink apps and went to OTA to re-install Goodlink.

The installer keeps complaining that I don't have enough memory. I have deleted almost every app and have no apps left to delete. However, OTA says that I need "14,587kb" and that I only have "11,334kb" free of "23,700kb". I deleted all media files (photos and videos) too...

I cannot delete anything else... It's almost as if my Treo 650 thinks there is more installed than there is...

Is there any way to totally clear my Treo and start over? Help!!
  11.    #532  
    lagestee..

Who is your carrier? Secondly, how are you reinstalling?
    lagestee..

Who is your carrier? Secondly, how are you reinstalling?

My carrier is Cingular. I have now down a hard reset (which wiped my Treo), and have re-run OTA installer. Goodlink has gone past Goodlink, Download, and Install, but is now stuck on Connect. Downloading Services is at 0%. It's like it can't connect to my server... Good Monitoring Portal says that my server AND handheld are up and syncronizing. Any ideas?

Hold on - I rebooted my server, and now it appears that Goodlink is communicating again. Will advise if I have a problem that persists.

The lesson in all of this is that the Treo 650 has problems clearing its memory. Now that I did a hard reset, the Treo has tons of memory...
    Last edited by lagestee; 05/19/2005 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Changed status on Problem
    I've searched this thread and the board and can't find the answer to this one, so forgive me if it's a commonly known "Treo 101" kind of thing.

Palm's VoiceDial doesn't work with GoodLink installed on the 650 (or at least not with it running anyway). Is this an issue with Good or with Palm? I find it hard to believe that one of the applications can't make use of the ginormous memory card I have in this thing so that I don't get memory errors.

Any guidance? Any voice dialing software out there that DOES work with GoodLink?
    Goodguy or anyone else,

Does Goodlink need or utilize any of the following files? Specifically MMnotify.

MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

I have had resets recently from it (mmnotify) and have done much research on it on the forums. Seems a lot of versamail people were having this file get corrupt and were being instructed to delete it. I have noticed this happen when I connect to the web (it can happen when connecting w/any program that uses data). I would like to delete it (and the other files) as the threads have suggested but I want to first make sure that Good doesnt utilize or need any of them.

Also can anyone tell me what exactly mmnotify does or how the treo 650 (w/sprint) uses it?

This is important cause some have mistaken their resets to be caused by Good when it was really this mmnotify connecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd-PDX
    I've searched this thread and the board and can't find the answer to this one, so forgive me if it's a commonly known "Treo 101" kind of thing.

Palm's VoiceDial doesn't work with GoodLink installed on the 650 (or at least not with it running anyway). Is this an issue with Good or with Palm? I find it hard to believe that one of the applications can't make use of the ginormous memory card I have in this thing so that I don't get memory errors.

Any guidance? Any voice dialing software out there that DOES work with GoodLink?
    This is not an 'issue' per se, with either Good or the device. What you're seeing is due to the fact that Good creates its own PIM applications - calendar, contacts, memos, to-dos. Apps like VoiceDial need to use the built-in contacts app, which Good doesn't use. Good makes their own.

This concept of Good's own databases has been discussed many times.
    hey goodguy... count me in as someone who tested it. it works! i deleted the good addressbook and now i have use of my agendus pro as well as snappermail for my personal stuff, and goodlink for my work stuff.

No definite answer unforunately as nobody I have spoken with has tested it. However, on the 650, we do not disable the Palm native contact database. Applications using the Palm native database should be fine. The only recommendation I would make would be not to hot sync you business Outlook account with the device. Using another app, such as snapper, for personal mail, again should be ok.

Sorry for the non-answer. Best I can tell you is to try it out. Install GoodLink and sync up. Then run agendus, hot sync with your home account. If it doesn't work, try the reverse (agendus first).
  17.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd-PDX

This is a Good issue. We are looking at various voice-dial apps and looking for one that will work.
  18.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    hey goodguy... count me in as someone who tested it. it works! i deleted the good addressbook and now i have use of my agendus pro as well as snappermail for my personal stuff, and goodlink for my work stuff.
    Great! Thanks for the input and for trying it out. It would be great if you could cross post your results over on the Yahoo! Group.
    Dear Good Guy,

Doesthe Good Link supports the Synching of Public Folders, if not do you any companies out there who does support the same.

Regards,
    NK