Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Goodguy and Noodles, I've been having the same problem with TomTom and Goodlink. The tech support people at TomTom are aware of the issue however, there isn't a short term solution.

Quote: We have experienced problems with the application called "GoodLink" residing on the same PDA as Navigator. We are currently testing the two applications however we currently do not have a solution to provide you with. The only suggestion we can offer is to remove one application to use the other without encountering any problems. We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot confirm if this problem will be resolved with Navigator 5. We will contact you further once we have more information regarding the problem you have encountered.

Kinda sucks as each application is needed. Just my 2 cents.
  2.    #502  

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this on to our development group.
    Yes, I had the GL setting in preferences to "use palm time zone"

On calendar entries the times are adjusting as appropriate for the change in time zones, ie an appt set up for 6 PM in EST, now who 5 PM when I am in the CST

The problem is that all tasks show as one day early when I move out of my home (EST) time zone.... Let me know if this is not clear
  4.    #504  
    OK..sorry for the confusion on my part. Let me see if I can do some digging and find out what is happening.
    I work for a smallish non-profit and we have 2 Treo 650 users. I have been trying for awhile now to find anyone who will work with us. My GoodLink rep initially said that it would be fine, but now that I'm wanting to get started, he can't give us anything for less than 5 users. He says he's also checked with outside partners and none of them will work with us either. Are we out of luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by aorton
    I work for a smallish non-profit and we have 2 Treo 650 users. I have been trying for awhile now to find anyone who will work with us. My GoodLink rep initially said that it would be fine, but now that I'm wanting to get started, he can't give us anything for less than 5 users. He says he's also checked with outside partners and none of them will work with us either. Are we out of luck?
    why don't you try lanlogic and get a hosted Good solution. The'll work with you even if you need only 1 account and have very reasonable pricing. They'll help you create a subdomain of your main domain and then you can setup the MX of that subdomain to point to lanlogic and you are set.
    GoodGuy, quick question. I have goodlink on sprint treo650. I have tmobile as well. I have issues with missing phone calls while I am working with goodlink. Is it better to go with GSM? Will it reduce or eliminate incoming calls going to voicemail? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Thanks treo_fanatic! I'll check that out!
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    GoodGuy, quick question. I have goodlink on sprint treo650. I have tmobile as well. I have issues with missing phone calls while I am working with goodlink. Is it better to go with GSM? Will it reduce or eliminate incoming calls going to voicemail? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Nope. Until a dual-radio device comes out, you can only have one channel (voice or data) accessing the carrier network at a time. You shouldn't be missing that many calls, though it can (and does) happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Is it better to go with GSM? Will it reduce or eliminate incoming calls going to voicemail?
    I can't speak for our CDMA bretheren, because I haven't used a Treo on that service -- though I do understand they have issues with missed calls while in data sessions. But I can tell you that GSM data sessions *do not* interrupt voice calls in any way. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

GSM "pauses" data traffic while voice calls occur. So while it doesn't outright end the data session, it does prevent any data traffic from being sent while you're in the call. If you're on the call long enough, this would translate to timeouts for your data applications. The better ones will understand this can happen -- particularly on a mobile device -- and simply re-attempt their operation.

Once you terminate the voice call, data sessions can resume. If they have timed out, you may notice that the GPRS connection must be made again (automatically, of course, but you'll see the pop-up).

The bottom line is that CDMA phones appear to keep busy with whatever you were doing and don't allow voice or data to interrupt the other -- resulting in more voicemail. GSM prefers voice to data, temporarily stopping data activity when you receive or make a voice call.

Bill
    Oh, I should point that that SMS continues to work in all modes (for GSM). Not sure about CDMA behavior in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    GL..

I got your PM and I am checking into it. From looking at the Agendus webpage, my guy feeling is no since, from looking at the docs for Agendus, it uses the Palm native data files for their apps. We disable the Palm Native applications. I will see if I can get a definite answer

GG... did you get the definate answer to this? about agendus and GL working together?

i am about to test GL.. GL would be good for me to get my work exchange mail/calendar/tasks/contacts but i also have personal email that i check and also have my own personal calendar/contacts at home which i still want to sync (cradled) with my treo. importing and thus mixing my personal contacts with work contacts is unacceptable. so will GL coexist with agendus and say snappermail?

thanks...
    Taroliw, yes SMS do work while I am on call, incoming and outgoing, in CDMA. So if I am using GSM line for browsing and if incoming call comes in, my internet connection will be suspended and incoming call will ring istead of going to voice mail? If that is the case I am going to try it, because unlike many, I get too many emails in a day. So my battery and internet connection always get beating. But most important I am missing important calls. I use treo for business offcourse and I cant miss business calls while I am getting emails and browsing on net. That is why I have two treo650s and two lines, but amount of calls I am missing on sprint line are growing and frustrating my clients. Hope to see this taken care. I will try tmobile, lets see how it goes. Thanks.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    GG... did you get the definate answer to this? about agendus and GL working together?

i am about to test GL.. GL would be good for me to get my work exchange mail/calendar/tasks/contacts but i also have personal email that i check and also have my own personal calendar/contacts at home which i still want to sync (cradled) with my treo. importing and thus mixing my personal contacts with work contacts is unacceptable. so will GL coexist with agendus and say snappermail?

thanks...

No definite answer unforunately as nobody I have spoken with has tested it. However, on the 650, we do not disable the Palm native contact database. Applications using the Palm native database should be fine. The only recommendation I would make would be not to hot sync you business Outlook account with the device. Using another app, such as snapper, for personal mail, again should be ok.

Sorry for the non-answer. Best I can tell you is to try it out. Install GoodLink and sync up. Then run agendus, hot sync with your home account. If it doesn't work, try the reverse (agendus first).
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    GoodGuy (or anyone who might know),

I have a question about SMS and Contacts.. I have the VZW Treo 650 with GoodLink installed, one issue I seem to be having is that when I try to select a Contact number to send a SMS, i get to the contact screen and select the contact, and it returns me to the SMS without anything selected.. I spoke to support and they said they confirmed it, and said its a "feature request" (and could take 6 months to be implemented)..

-- Is this symptom normal on other versions of the 650?
    -- are there any alternatives to get this working in some way or another (by using palm contacts or something)
    -- 6 months and calling a "feature request" instead of a bug was interesting.. since i cant seem to access any other contacts with GL installed.. (running 4.0.0.59 waiting for mailstreet to update client to 4.0.3.6 tomorrow)
    jbiz - do the SMS send from within the Good app. Then it will work.

What I mean is that you can't use the built in SMS app to start the SMS creation. Look up a contact in Good, hit menu, compose SMS. You'll then be taken to the usual SMS compose screen. Good to go.

Good luck.

is that Good for you?

Feelin' Good now?

(stop me)
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    nrosser.. Thanks.. that totally works.. not sure why GoodLink support wouldnt have told me that, and instead told me to wait 6 months..

Also, since installing 4.0.0.59 i do get rather frequent resets.. any thoughts on what to do about it (i am waiting to upgrade, but not sure if it will do anything)??? or does anyone know what was changed since 4.0.0.59??

-- jbiz
    GoodGuy: The latest version of GoodLink on my Cingular 650 takes me to the GoodLink contacts application after I end each phone call. Is this normal? Any way to go back to the old behavior where it did not do this? I am running: 4.0.3.6
  19.    #519  
    treo_fanatic...

My 600 defaults to the phone key pad. Let me check with our engineers when they get in and see what the deal is.
    GoodGuy / Anyone:

Since Palm gave us so little memory, I downloaded a memory manager called Powerun. This runs apps on your memory card to free up phone memory. I moved the app "Good Contact" to be booted from the memory card. For various reasons, including crashes, I deleted the PowerRun app. In addition, I deleted the app "Good Contact". However, my Treo 650 still seems to be running fine, including my Exchange contacts in Goodlink. What's going on? How are contacts functioning without that app? What features am I missing?