Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    The problem with your Yahoo group is that I regularly visit these boards for things other than goodlink questions. It is much more convenient for me to ask questions here.
    Completely understandable. You could sign up and receive only "Special Announcements" that I will use to send updates.

With that, I have one other issue:

I have a 1 gig SD card with 500mb of free space. Whenever I download an attachment to the card it asks me to delete other file to make space. Why?
    Hmmm. Is the attachement over 500MB? kidding...

Let me see if I can find an answer.
    Just got on board with GoodLink and so far I like it, except for the lousy PIM front end on palm, but I will hope for improvements there.

My question is regarding pdf attachments. I have isntalled the adobe Palm reader software and when I try to open a pdf file attached to an email it only will save it to my SD card, but I can not figure out a way to get the Adobe software to look on the card for files. I also tried moving the file to the internal memory using FileZ, but it would not let me move it.

Any ideas ?
  3.    #463  
    On the treo, the only way to view PDF's is to convert them through the PDF desktop software. You can't view a PDF in native format without converting them. This is a Palm OS limitation.
    Hey GoodMan - can't Good do a text rendering of PDFs? via conversion at the server or something? Not a native viewing, but a rendering? I mention that just so the guy above can have a solution that might work for him....
  5.    #465  
    PDF's van be viewed using the "View" command when clicking on the file. This give the view in plain text.
    Goodguy:

I have a treo 650 running version 3.8.0.18 of the goodlink software. The main problem i have with this version of the software is the lack of vibrating notification of reminders/meetings etc. Would it be possible to upgrade to v4 of the software WITHOUT needing my treo to be re-provisioned by the IT staff here? (Its already all set up, will the new software just read the old config?)
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbambo
    Goodguy:

I have a treo 650 running version 3.8.0.18 of the goodlink software. The main problem i have with this version of the software is the lack of vibrating notification of reminders/meetings etc. Would it be possible to upgrade to v4 of the software WITHOUT needing my treo to be re-provisioned by the IT staff here? (Its already all set up, will the new software just read the old config?)
    Yes. You can be running the 4.0 client while your server is running an older version. Download the GoodLink End User Desktop Installer at http://www.good.com/download/
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Yes. You can be running the 4.0 client while your server is running an older version. Download the GoodLink End User Desktop Installer at http://www.good.com/download/
    Goodguy, can you help me with direction on resolving a problem? I have the most recent release of goodlink (4.0.3.6) and updated the firmware on the 650 (1.21) so all of my reset problems are gone - which is excellent. The item I need help with is that I accidentally deleted the "mail" application through palm os and now the goodlink hot key doesnt work (mail is gone so it defaults to the next app in the list - messenger) and so getting quick review of emails is awkward. Do you know how I can reinstall the goodlink mail link ? My backup doesnt do it. I hard reset / reload and it didnt come back either. It should be an install but I dont have it anywhere. Any help with where I should look ?

thx
  9.    #469  
    wiseowl..

If I am hearing you right, the email hot button isn't mapped to GoodLink. If this is the case, go to the Prefs section and select default apps and remap the email to GoodLink
    The issue is that the mail app that it used to map against is gone (since I accidentally deleted it). So, the button has no link. I can link other apps into the button and temporarily linked "Goodlink" so I get the good today screen. There are 2 "calendars", one for normal palm and one for good link - they only differentiate by a "Calendar" (palm) and " Calendar" (good) - the space is the only difference in the Prefs button selection. Cant find a " Mail" app or anything similar on the computer. Reinstalled goodlink and the app still isnt there. (did a hard reset of the treo then reinstalled goodlink). Most likely its gone from the backup on the computer that syncs with it. So, not sure where to get the app from.
    I wonder if you'll have to hard reset to get it to reinstall properly...
    Tried a hard reset before and then reinstalled good from the sd card. I think in the process a backup occurred post-app-delete and so it doesnt get reinstalled. I can try a hard again to see if it gets set back. I will try a hard reset then reinstall good.
  13.    #473  
    wiseowl..try reprovisioning:

go to the GoodLink home screen and type 'debug' without the quotes
    at the command line, type 'reprov' again, without the quotes
    it will ask are you sure, type 'Y' no quotes and capitalized

let it run it's course and let me know if this handles it
    Tried the reprov and reinstall of 4.0.3.6. It did NOT default to the mail button selecting goodlink inbox. BUT, went to prefs in palm and selected " Email" so now it works - nice. Thanks for the help. Whatever happened seemed to delete the goodlink app so that the button couldnt select it. Now, I'll reinstall all the other apps I lost in the hard reset.
  15.    #475  
    Dunno what happened, but at least it sounds as if we got it worked out. Glad I could at least get you back where you started.
    goodguy:

I was able to upgrade to 4.0.3.6 on my treo 650, but alas there is STILL no option to vibrate for notification of a meeting/event. Is this option supposed to be there? Did my upgrade not work 100%?
  17.    #477  
    I apologize. I misread your question/request. There is no option to set vibrate notification on events. That feature has been requested to our development group.
    ahh, ok. Well, hopefully they get it done. seems simple enough. Im glad i upgraded anyway, prehaps my treo will crash less now :P

thanks for your help!
    Good is Great!

Long live Greatlink!

-jd
  20.    #480  
    jd..thanks for the compliments. Glad you like the product. We are trying