Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by daf999999
    I am receiving emails on Treo via GL that are blank in the text section (subject line is filled in) that contain text when viewed on desktop. If I forward to myself on Treo I can then see the original text in the forwarded messageThis happened maybe once or twice in past couple months and then about a dozen time yesterday. Different senders, no obvious commonality among blank emails, some with attachments, some without. Any thoughts on how to solve this?
    Thanks
    Now THAT is a new one. Are the emails large? Is the "More" button coming up in the email on the Treo?
    I've seen that with VersaMail once in a while and wrote it off to malformed html. Can't remember seeing it with GoodLink.

daf999999 - any way you could trace the senders to see if they are using a common mail tool?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    emails are not large - just a couple of lines - no "more" button. I don't know what a "mail tool" is but they come from diverse sources -- corporate outlook as well as a roadrunner cable modem.
    Sorry - by "mail tool", I meant Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, Mozilla, VersaMail, SnapperMail, etc - whatever the sender used to create the mail. This is just related to the theory that the tool creating the mail includes malformed html which GL ignores/doesn't display/whatever.
  5.    #445  
    Do the sent emails have a stationary background or funky font?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I dont think its the tool because one sender sent me three emails yesterday - 2 came through without text on treo; 1 came through with text on treo. No funky font or background - times new roman, I think
    Ok, but trying the process of elimination. This is really for GoodGuy, but could you share one of these emails for debug purposes? Obviously not if they contain confidential/private info.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, they all contain highly confidential information.
  9.    #449  
    Couple of things:

What version of GoodLink are you running? To find out, go to GoodLink Preferences, Version.
    Who is your carrier?
    Have you tried reprovisioning the phone?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    V 3.8.0.18
    Sprint
    Reprovisioning did not have any impact -- blanks occured before and after
    thanks
  11.    #451  
    Try upgrading to 4.0. You can run it on the device without having it run on the server
    Actually, this is what I do now... since our IT hasn't upgraded it's server to 4.x yet. Question, though.... how does the client decide what server IP address it's going to connect to? I'm noticing that my 4.0 installation doesn't use the same server as others who are still running 3.5+
  13.    #453  
    By server, are you referring to a trace route that you have run? My guess is that 4.0 clients go through our NOC via a different route than 3.6 clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    There is a somewhat cludgy way to you can achieve this. It requires reprovisioning the phone, which with OTA isn't that big a deal. Here is how you can do it:

NOTE: Doing this will remove all emails in 'deleted items' and only sync 100 emails in your 'sent items' on your device.
    This is excellent. I will do this once every other week or so.

Thanks.

-jd
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    This is excellent. I will do this once every other week or so.

Thanks.

-jd
    Glad I could help.
    Goodlink won't reinstall from Hotsync after a hard reset? After I did a hard reset and upgraded my firmware, Goodlink was the only Application that wouldn't work right again
    after hotsynching to restore everything. (it said it needed to connect to the desktop again?). Is there any way to ensure that I can recover Goodlink without having to be near my desktop? (4.0 client).
    Thanks.
    - Any progress on reducing the goodlink footprint...?
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Goodlink won't reinstall from Hotsync after a hard reset? After I did a hard reset and upgraded my firmware, Goodlink was the only Application that wouldn't work right again
    after hotsynching to restore everything. (it said it needed to connect to the desktop again?). Is there any way to ensure that I can recover Goodlink without having to be near my desktop? (4.0 client).
    Thanks.
    - Any progress on reducing the goodlink footprint...?
    If your GoodLink Server is running 4.0, you should be able to upgrade over the air.
    Is there any kind of email list I can get on to be notified about new goodlink releases? I don't like haven't check the web site every so often.

Also, when is attachment support (for adding attachments to new emails) going to be implemented? Do you have a roadmap?
  19.    #459  
    Unless you have a premium support contract, there isn't a notification process for new releases.

As for attachments, the best I am hearing is within the next 3-6 months, but nothing has been cast in stone.

EDIT:

I should have added that as we have updates, I am posting them on the Yahoo! Group set up for GoodLink and here on TC Forums. The threads here get a bit unruly (especially this one with over 450 replies) plus, they GL discussions can dominate the Communications Forum here at times and they spill over into the Treo 650 Hardware Forum as well, which is why I set up the Yahoo! group. As I said before, I will continue to provide unofficial support here on TC, but the dedicated Yahoo! group is much easier to manage. Feel free to join at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goodlink
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 04/29/2005 at 12:21 AM.
    The problem with your Yahoo group is that I regularly visit these boards for things other than goodlink questions. It is much more convenient for me to ask questions here.

With that, I have one other issue:

I have a 1 gig SD card with 500mb of free space. Whenever I download an attachment to the card it asks me to delete other file to make space. Why?