Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Thanks for such a fast reply! Since there is no public folder calendar and way to view others calendars I am wondering if the following could be done: could I setup all users with the same username and password. Thus they would login with the same e-mail, calendar, and contact list. I am not sure if this would mess things up, but it would provide a centralized schedule, contact list, etc. The only drawback that I can think of is personal e-mails? I don't know how Goodlink is structured but perhaps they could sign out and sign in? Otherwise I am curious if you have an ETA on the public calendar feature?

Excuse my lack of knowledge! I really appreciate your help!
  2.    #422  
    Each user is mapped to a mailbox on your Exchange server, so you can't create a set-up like you are talking about. You can set up public address folders for contacts, but there is no way to share calendars. Right now, you can invite others to meetings and if there is a conflict with their schedule, it will tell them when they get the invite and they can see their calendar, just not yours.

I have not heard an ETA on shared calendars, but I know it is being looked at. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive time frame.
    I posted this question elsewhere, but it looks like you might see it better here, GoodGuy ...

Our company has kept current on the latest software releases ... so either I'm missing something or this is just a missing feature:

Vibrate on Calendar alerts/reminders. Under Notification/Reminders there is no option for vibrate. Also, when vibrate mode is engaged on the Treo, the audible alert for calendar appointments doesn't vibrate the phone. Any ideas as to why?
  4.    #424  
    Ahh, the vibration issue rears it's head again. There is no option to vibrate on calendar alerts. Sent this one off to our feature request folks.
    Does that mean it used to work? Or that it never worked and has been requested a feature? Does it work on the Windows devices?
  6.    #426  
    Sorry. It has not been a feature before, but I have requested it as a feature. It isn't available in the Windows version either.
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 04/25/2005 at 03:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I posted earlier regarding customizing which/when email files synch and thought the answer was that it was not customizable. I now realize that my "sent" mail file synchs only one-way - when I send from treo, it appears in sent file on desktop; but, when I send from desktop it does not appear in sent file on treo. Inbox and Deleted files synch completely regardless of which platform is used to take action.
    Question is whether there is any way to set the Deleted folder in the same manner as Sent -- that is, when I delete on desktop it doesnt show up in Treo Deleted file. This may save me a bunch of memory
    Thanks
  8.    #428  
    Sent messages from your desktop should be on your GoodLink sent items on the device. Check your GoodLink Preferences, Email Delivery. Sent Items should be there. If it isn't, that would explain why they don't sync. This is not an option with deleted items.
    Quote Originally Posted by daf999999
    I posted earlier regarding customizing which/when email files synch and thought the answer was that it was not customizable. I now realize that my "sent" mail file synchs only one-way - when I send from treo, it appears in sent file on desktop; but, when I send from desktop it does not appear in sent file on treo. Inbox and Deleted files synch completely regardless of which platform is used to take action.
    Question is whether there is any way to set the Deleted folder in the same manner as Sent -- that is, when I delete on desktop it doesnt show up in Treo Deleted file. This may save me a bunch of memory
    Thanks
    This has been a source of slow-down for me in the past.

I was experiencing 3+ minute GoodLink load times, until I realized that my Deleted Items was 10k+ items with a comperably sized Sent Items. The poor man's solution, hencefar, has been to just hard reset my device and run back through GoodLink OTA Setup. Is there a better way to clear the local databases WITHOUT affecting the Exchange Server?

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Sent messages from your desktop should be on your GoodLink sent items on the device. Check your GoodLink Preferences, Email Delivery. Sent Items should be there. If it isn't, that would explain why they don't sync. This is not an option with deleted items.
    GoodGuy--

I think he is looking for an option (sounds like another "feature request") for Deleted Items to operate like Sent Items. That would definately cut down on local Goodlink db bloat for Power Users (of which I presume 66% of GoodLink users are).

I've gotten in to the habit of never deleting anything out of Exchange, because when combined with X1 (www.x1.com) I can find any email I've ever sent or received in a matter of seconds. Perhaps this is a lousy workflow and a bad habit to have, but it's saved my **** numerous times.

-jd
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    GoodGuy--

I think he is looking for an option (sounds like another "feature request") for Deleted Items to operate like Sent Items. That would definately cut down on local Goodlink db bloat for Power Users (of which I presume 66% of GoodLink users are).

I've gotten in to the habit of never deleting anything out of Exchange, because when combined with X1 (www.x1.com) I can find any email I've ever sent or received in a matter of seconds. Perhaps this is a lousy workflow and a bad habit to have, but it's saved my **** numerous times.

-jd
    Ahh...makes sense. Will send it along.
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    This has been a source of slow-down for me in the past.

I was experiencing 3+ minute GoodLink load times, until I realized that my Deleted Items was 10k+ items with a comperably sized Sent Items. The poor man's solution, hencefar, has been to just hard reset my device and run back through GoodLink OTA Setup. Is there a better way to clear the local databases WITHOUT affecting the Exchange Server?

-jd
    10K deleted items and sent? Does your Exchange admin not have mailbox limits in place? Another option to keep those emails would be to set up a .pst folder and move them there.
    10K deleted items and sent? Does your Exchange admin not have mailbox limits in place? Another option to keep those emails would be to set up a .pst folder and move them there.
    I am the Exchange Admin. Disk space is cheap, my mailbox is at 1.75GB which these days costs pennies.

The negative to moving Exchange data to a PST means I can only access it from that single workstation; or I have to worry about manually syncing that PST across multiple workstations, and then it gets out of sync with the real Exchange data. Since I have a laptop and two desktops, this approach won't fly.

My workflow isn't going to change, so I will simply continue to bend Goodlink to do what I want with hard resets. But certainly, it would be better if I could manually delete the db and use DEBUG "fetch" to re-get what I care about. I poked around with FileZ but couldn't find any single file that looked like what I wanted to delete.

-jd
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    doogles expressed my issue far better than I did (not surprising given that he/she is the Exchange admin. and I am computer illiterate). I am requesting a new "feature" to (i) treat deleted like send and (ii) put some type of date limit on synch of inbox (for example, synching only last two weeks of inbox)
    In the interim, is there a way to "clean out" GL without (i) hard reset or (ii) creating .pst folders
    Thanks
    I notice that when I go to add email delivery folders, neither Sent Items nor Deleted Items appear in the list of folders I can select from my account.
    The only way I've been able to add SENT ITEMS to the sync process was to turn it on at the GoodLink Server.
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by daf999999
    doogles expressed my issue far better than I did (not surprising given that he/she is the Exchange admin. and I am computer illiterate). I am requesting a new "feature" to (i) treat deleted like send and (ii) put some type of date limit on synch of inbox (for example, synching only last two weeks of inbox)
    In the interim, is there a way to "clean out" GL without (i) hard reset or (ii) creating .pst folders
    Thanks
    There is a somewhat cludgy way to you can achieve this. It requires reprovisioning the phone, which with OTA isn't that big a deal. Here is how you can do it:

NOTE: Doing this will remove all emails in 'deleted items' and only sync 100 emails in your 'sent items' on your device.

From the GoodLink home screen, type 'debug' (no quotes)
    At the command prompt, type 'reprov' (no quotes)
    It will ask if you really want to do this. Type 'Y' (capital, no quotes)

Now, the default is to pull the most recent 100 emails in the inbox and in the sent folder.

After the phone has finished reprovisioning, go to the debug screen again
    At the command prompt, type 'fetch <number> <folder>' with <number> being the number of emails you want synchronized with the handheld and <folder> being the folders you want that <number> of emails pulled from.

You can string multiple subfolders by doing this:

fetch <number> <folder>:*

This will pull the <number> of emails from the <folder> and all sub-folders. If you do 'fetch 100 inbox:*' it will pull 100 emails from the inbox and all sub-folders within the inbox or

fetch <number> <folder>:<folder>

and manually type in the folder hierarchy

After reprovisioning, only items that are deleted will now be sync'd, not the prexisting ones.

Incidentaly, in the Good Management Console, you can turn off the sync of sent items.
  18.    #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap
    The only way I've been able to add SENT ITEMS to the sync process was to turn it on at the GoodLink Server.
    Correct. My apologies on this one. I thought I had manually added it. It was set up at the GoodLink Management Console
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    I notice that when I go to add email delivery folders, neither Sent Items nor Deleted Items appear in the list of folders I can select from my account.
    Deleted is automatically added. Sent items must be checked at the GoodLink Management Console.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I am receiving emails on Treo via GL that are blank in the text section (subject line is filled in) that contain text when viewed on desktop. If I forward to myself on Treo I can then see the original text in the forwarded messageThis happened maybe once or twice in past couple months and then about a dozen time yesterday. Different senders, no obvious commonality among blank emails, some with attachments, some without. Any thoughts on how to solve this?
    Thanks