Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    ahalvor - I'm not saying it's convenient, but setting the Work offline option is another way to close the data connection while keeping the radio on for calls. At least it guarantees an important call doesn't roll to voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Actually, Andy, our use of the data connection is small compared to our competitors. The avg user uses 2-3MB per month while power users use may 5MB. That being said, I understand we are looking at ways where users have more control over when the connection is established, though the whole idea behind push is 'always on', but we understand some people would rather have a bit more control outside of turning the radio off and on for mail.
    I would like this feature -- maybe set it up as a "workday" schedule, where you can specify which times on a particular day (or maybe just weekday/weekend) you want to receive mail. Truth be told, it's less of an issue I've noticed with GSM/GPRS rather than CDMA, given the fact that GSM tends to unhook itself a bit faster, though I miss the CDMA speed.

Of course, once we all go HSPDA and EV-DO r.A, then this is all moot because we'll be able to do voice and data at the same time (yay!)
  3.    #403  
    bigboy..

Have sent that one along.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    One major issue Good is working on for us, and I am curious who else has this problem. Is the amount of time Good uses Data and sends voice calls to voicemail.
    This can be a function of your <b>provider</b>, too. I am on Cingular (GSM/EGPRS), and any data connection is silently suspended when a voice call occurs... rather than simply bouncing callers to voicemail.
    Our company has expressed strong interest in using Good, but our Exchange is in a shared enviroment and at Asp-one. Asp-one does, however, offer Blackberry BES as a connection email option (http://www.asp-one.com/HostedMExchangePlus.asp).

Good should offer a piggyback option that will allow users to install the Good software on a local server and access the data on the remote exchange server. Im sure this would be beneficial to many.
  6.    #406  
    lyndon..

GoodLink and Exchange can be in different domains, however, there has to be a full two-way trust relationship and, currently, this is not a supported configuration.
    Thanks for the response GoodGuy.
    Ok here is my setup I have goodlink installed for work and all of my contacts are stored on it both for work and personal, however i use Chatter mail for my personal email and goodlink for work email but when i go to search for a contact email in chatter mail it says to use goodlink contacts but goodlink contacts only lets me go to goodlinks mail so right now my only solution is to find it in goodlink contacts and then copy and paste it in to chatter mail is there any other way to do this ?

thank you for your help
    Good point, actually I have the same problem when I use snapper mail or anything that uses 'contacts'. I think good hijacks the system 'contacts' and one workaround is to delete the .prc file for the good contacts. You will still have access to company contacts, but it won't be the default one.
  10.    #410  
    Just to let people know, there is a new group that has been created on Yahoo for GoodLink users or potential users:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goodlink/

I will remain here, however some of the threads are getting a little unruly and I can't seem to get a sub-forum created for GoodLink info (though I understand why because give it to GoodLink, all manufacturers will want one). I would encourage folks to head over to the Yahoo group as there are several Good employees there that may be able to help as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    By the way, I am realizing that many of my "all day" problems are birthdays and anniversaries - why would that be?
    GoodGuy - any updates or thoughts here?
    26.2 is right. The syntax is:

fetch 1000 inbox:*

This will pull 1000 messages and populate your folders.

Your calendar should automatically re-populate.
    Hey, GoodGuy - my calendar refuses to re-populate for anything prior to my "start date" for my new Treo. Mail is great ... but no historical calendar entries other than recurring things like birthdays, etc.

Any other cool commands I can use to yank that extra stuff down?

thanks
  13.    #413  
    They say bad things come in threes. You are the third person in the last few days to bring up the calendar sync issue. No way to do it, though it has been forwarded to our development group.
    They say bad things come in threes. You are the third person in the last few days to bring up the calendar sync issue. No way to do it, though it has been forwarded to our development group.
    thanks. any luck on some thoughts about the "all day" items in the meantime?
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    thanks. any luck on some thoughts about the "all day" items in the meantime?
    Nothing. Let me follow up and see if I can dig anything up.
    GG,

I checked out your Yahoo Groups link...loved the method to move over Docs to Go...that worked perfectly, and was very easy...freed up more than 4MB of memory on my 650!

On another subject, I noted that someone was experiencing problems with their BT keyboard. I have the PalmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard, and I noted that it works on all applications (it has its ideosynchracies, but does work). However, in GL, it seems to "think" about keyboard input for long periods (eg, up to 15 seconds) before the keystrokes appear. I happened to see a note on Palm's site about the keyboard not working with Goodlink, but couldn't see any details on it. Can you enlighten me?
  17.    #417  
    Have not heard any details on this keyboard issue outside of it is being looked into.
    Have not heard any details on this keyboard issue outside of it is being looked into.
    If you could enquire about that one, I would greatly appreciate it...thanks.
    I am interested in Goodlink and have a few questions. I appreciate everyone's expertise in advance.

(1) With Goodlink can I schedule others remotely? Can I actually view their calendar and add/remove appointments (with the proper permissions)?

(2) Does anybody know of any deals where I could aquire bulk Palm Treo 650's? The best price I have found is $560 a piece which is a little steep considering a new laptop could be purchased for this price. We do not want to extend contracts. I am wondering if anybody has a "bulk" deal. We don't mind refurbs.

(3) Can we lockdown our PDA's so that only Goodlink sync is used? Specifically we would like to restrict users from performing hotsync and beaming. Does Goodlink allow us to restrict this functionality or will we need a third party program such as PDA Defense? Has anybody ever done this?

(4) When you buy Goodlink I believe it is a year subscription? If so, are upgrades included?

(5) Has a solution been found to the previously reported problem where the Treo 650 periodically reboots been fixed? I find this interesting because my existing Treo 650 does this and I don't have Goodlink?

(6) We need remote access to a centralized contact list. I believe this is possible with Goodlink?

(7) Does GoodLink work with RSA security? For example, our password changes every 30 seconds. It would be extremely time consuming if we had to periodically enter our password on our Treos.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by CBUCKELY; 04/24/2005 at 05:21 PM.
  20.    #420  

(1) With Goodlink can I schedule others remotely? Can I actually view their calendar and add/remove appointments (with the proper permissions)?
    You can send invites to others from your device. When they accept a meeting request, it will be added to their calendar. You cannot, however, view another (share) person's calendar. That is being worked on for future releases.

(2) Does anybody know of any deals where I could aquire bulk Palm Treo 650's? The best price I have found is $560 a piece which is a little steep considering a new laptop could be purchased for this price. We do not want to extend contracts. I am wondering if anybody has a "bulk" deal. We don't mind refurbs.
    I know that Sprint has a sold them with two year contracts, for about $300. Also check http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/page-650.htm for some deals. Looks like you can get them for $289 with a contract. Without a contract, you are going to pay the higher price. I don't know of any refurb 650's yet.

(3) Can we lockdown our PDA's so that only Goodlink sync is used? Specifically we would like to restrict users from performing hotsync and beaming. Does Goodlink allow us to restrict this functionality or will we need a third party program such as PDA Defense? Has anybody ever done this?
    I would recommend PDA Defense for that.

(4) When you buy Goodlink I believe it is a year subscription? If so, are upgrades included?
    We offer 1, 2 and 3 year subscriptions and all upgrades, major and minor, are included as is support.

(5) Has a solution been found to the previously reported problem where the Treo 650 periodically reboots been fixed? I find this interesting because my existing Treo 650 does this and I don't have Goodlink?
    As you noted, this happened on devices without GoodLink and every case I have seen of the resets are hardware based, not GoodLink. For T-MO, it was a ROM issue that has been addressed.

(6) We need remote access to a centralized contact list. I believe this is possible with Goodlink?
    Yes, you can set up a public contact folder. We have done that here at Good.

(7) Does GoodLink work with RSA security? For example, our password changes every 30 seconds. It would be extremely time consuming if we had to periodically enter our password on our Treos.
    GoodLink allows your IT department to force passwords within GoodLink, though this is part of GoodLink.

Hope this helps!