Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spextar
    Treo 650 (SPCS), GoodLink and Camera:

I would like to reconfirm the problem that Lucigooch and Nork6 have mentioned here. After using the camera, the treo stops vibrating when there's an incoming email. For regular incoming calls or plam native/ other applications, vibrate function works fine. The only way to get the Treo to vibrate when good has a new email is a soft reset. GoodGuy, please don't tell me that your developers already have look at it and they didn't find anything. I have tested this on 5 different Treos (all SPCS 650) running good 4.0 and they all have the same issue.

Any idea?
    I was able to confirm this today. Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.08 update and GoodLink 4.0.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    I was able to confirm this today. Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.08 update and GoodLink 4.0.
    Exact configuration for all the Treos I have tried too. So annoying. Sometimes I would use the camera and then I won't be able to get to any of my emails until I get back to the office cos I wouldn't get the alerts, darn!
    I can confirm that this is happening to everyone in my office with a 650 and Goodlink. I have found a better way to restore the vibrate alert than a soft reset: After using the camera, launch the phone, go into sound preferences, and reselect vibrate as the sound mode off ring default. This will cause the phone to vibrate and the Goodlink vibrate alert will then be restored. Still extremely annoying, but better than a reset.
    I know, it's so frustrating. I think I remember seeing a post by 'GoodGuy' saying their IT people didn't have the problem after using the camera - that's even more frustrating, even though I think it's BS.
  5.    #385  
    I know, it's so frustrating. I think I remember seeing a post by 'GoodGuy' saying their IT people didn't have the problem after using the camera - that's even more frustrating, even though I think it's BS.
    Spextar..

It is not BS. We tried it several times on a 650 and could not replicate it. I am not saying that it isn't happening, but I have no reason to lie. I have copied and pasted the posts from here and sent them to our support group. When I get a response, I will let you know.
    thanks Goodguy. In trying to replicate the problem, make sure that you don't call the phone while it is set to vibrate on incoming calls - that also restores the Goodlink vibrate alert. this really is a problem that: (a) should be easily fixed; and (b) needs to be fixed because it makes using the camera extremely inconvenient.
    Goodguy,
    I am not trying to say that you lied, believe me.
    Anyway, please follow this procedure:
    1. Get a Sprint Treo with camera and goodlink 4.0 in it.
    2. Make sure the vibrate option for the email notification is checked
    2. Send an email to the account tied to the goodLink
    3. Make sure the device vibrated
    4. Make sure you don't use any other program/applications
    5. Launch camera and take some shots, save them to phones memory
    6. Send another email to the account tied to goodlink
    7. Confirm that the device didn't vibrate even with the vibrate option checked

Step 8 is to find a fix for it.
    Step 9 is for goodguy, post in this forum that goodlink has created a fix and it will update the client OTA.

Thanks
    and of course step 10 is our outpouring of support for the great customer service GoodGuy provides.
    .salvatore
  9.    #389  
    spextar..

Copied your posting and sent it.

Salvatore..

Thanks for the kudos. Just doing my job.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Any word on why an unlocked GSM phone will reset on GoodLink? Does Good have any unlocked GSM phones running Firmware 1.14 & Software 01.05ROW?
    Preferences question:

Is it possible to set the Snooze delay for calendar and/or task events? When I tap Good's Snooze it appears to last a minute or two; is there any way to tell a reminder to snooze for longer durations?
    .salvatore
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    Preferences question:

Is it possible to set the Snooze delay for calendar and/or task events? When I tap Good's Snooze it appears to last a minute or two; is there any way to tell a reminder to snooze for longer durations?
    Add another one to the feature request list
    Goodguy,
    I am not trying to say that you lied, believe me.
    Anyway, please follow this procedure:
    1. Get a Sprint Treo with camera and goodlink 4.0 in it.
    2. Make sure the vibrate option for the email notification is checked
    2. Send an email to the account tied to the goodLink
    3. Make sure the device vibrated
    4. Make sure you don't use any other program/applications
    5. Launch camera and take some shots, save them to phones memory
    6. Send another email to the account tied to goodlink
    7. Confirm that the device didn't vibrate even with the vibrate option checked

Step 8 is to find a fix for it.
    Step 9 is for goodguy, post in this forum that goodlink has created a fix and it will update the client OTA.

Thanks
    GoodGuy - fwiw, I've duplicated this problem on my Treo650 running 1.08. Hadn't ever noticed it before since I normally don't have vibrate turned on.
    Any progress on reducing the memory that goodlink takes up?
    How about just creating a build of the client that has less
    space reserved for email...?
    And give us the option of placing most of the data on the SD
    card - archive it and encrypt it if you have to, but move it
    to the card!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Yes, that is the way it is supposed to be. The ability to change font sizes is on this weeks list to our feature request folks.
    Does 4.0 or future releases allow the ability to control what the outgoing font is on messages sent via Good clients? The boring Courier font is so blahh!! Would be nice to be able to select which font to use, or specify using the same font as my Outlook client uses (that way people won't know when I'm really out on the golf course sending email vs. at my desk like I'm supposed to be!!)
    Goodguy, any update on the "unable to encode video" in high resolution bug? I just got a replacement 650 and noticed that high-res video worked fine until I had Goodlink reinstalled and then I started seeing the problem.

I have a Treo 650 on Cingular.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    One major issue Good is working on for us, and I am curious who else has this problem. Is the amount of time Good uses Data and sends voice calls to voicemail.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Spextar..

It is not BS. We tried it several times on a 650 and could not replicate it. I am not saying that it isn't happening, but I have no reason to lie. I have copied and pasted the posts from here and sent them to our support group. When I get a response, I will let you know.
    don't even waste your breath on obvious trolls...let them fester in their own pools of hatred
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by wally_young
    Does 4.0 or future releases allow the ability to control what the outgoing font is on messages sent via Good clients? The boring Courier font is so blahh!! Would be nice to be able to select which font to use, or specify using the same font as my Outlook client uses (that way people won't know when I'm really out on the golf course sending email vs. at my desk like I'm supposed to be!!)
    The ability to choose fonts is on the request list.
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    One major issue Good is working on for us, and I am curious who else has this problem. Is the amount of time Good uses Data and sends voice calls to voicemail.
    Actually, Andy, our use of the data connection is small compared to our competitors. The avg user uses 2-3MB per month while power users use may 5MB. That being said, I understand we are looking at ways where users have more control over when the connection is established, though the whole idea behind push is 'always on', but we understand some people would rather have a bit more control outside of turning the radio off and on for mail.