Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1232
  1. #361  
    GoodGuy is the expert, but GL only syncs the .ost file (exchange mailbox). When you move a file off that to a .pst (or permanent delete), it disappears from the Treo. Since the GL server app runs on the server side, it only has visibility into the server folders, not the .pst that are stored on your local machine.

    I moved one folder from a .pst to the .ost just so that I'd always have it on the Treo, but I understand the quota problem because I have that limit as well.
  2. daf999999's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #362  
    tomvb2000

    Do you know whether you can set a date limit on synching of the .ost files? For example, synching only the last 15 or 30 days of the inbox. This would permit one to keep a large inbox on desktop and a small inbox on Treo.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Hmmm...there is not a limit to the nesting as far as I know. Let me check with my tech guys and see if there is something I don't know (which has happened before ) about the folders. I have to ask: when you expand your folders, there is no + sign next to the folders that have sub folders nested? Not trying to insult your intelligence, but it is similar to the tech support guy asking you if your PC is plugged in.
    LOL, no insult at all. No, this one particular folder does not have the plus on it - if you like, I can send you a screen shot of the nesting from my outlook, but I don't know if that is necessary or not.
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by thczv
    Goodguy, you mentioned that the 4.0 client has hi res apps. I just upgraded to the 4.0 client, and I do notice higher resolution in the e-mail client, in that each character looks better. But the characters are the same size as before, and no additional info is displayed on the screen. Is that the way it should be? In my view, one of the most important benefits to using high resolution is fitting more information on the screen. Is there any way to do that currently with Goodlink?

    Dave
    Yes, that is the way it is supposed to be. The ability to change font sizes is on this weeks list to our feature request folks.
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by daf999999
    tomvb2000

    Do you know whether you can set a date limit on synching of the .ost files? For example, synching only the last 15 or 30 days of the inbox. This would permit one to keep a large inbox on desktop and a small inbox on Treo.
    There is no way to set a date limit as it relates to GoodLink. A work around is to create a .pst file and move emails there that you don't need access to on your Treo. Not the cleanest fix in the world, but until we support .pst files (it's coming, btw) it is a way around the limit.
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    LOL, no insult at all. No, this one particular folder does not have the plus on it - if you like, I can send you a screen shot of the nesting from my outlook, but I don't know if that is necessary or not.
    Interesting. I have one of SE's checking to see if there is a limit. How many sub-folders do you have nested? I have several folders with sub-folders and have had no problems. One has 8 sub-folders underneath and they are all there.
  7. #367  
    nope, this is not even my "farthest" nest - although inside it is ... if you know what I mean. This sub used to be under another higher-up folder (before I created more subs inside it) and when I moved it to a different location and created more subs inside it is when I started having trouble. Of course that was also simultaneously to when I changed Treos and upgraded to 4.0 so lots of things happened at once.
  8.    #368  
    Have you tried reprovisioning your phone? To reprovision, go to the GoodLink Home screen, type 'debug' without the quotes and then, at the command prompt, type 'reprov', again without the quotes.
  9. #369  
    what does that do, just reset the Good conduit or something?

    Also, here's another one for ya - why do many (not all, strangely) of my "all day" calendar entries show up in Goodlink as literally 12 to 12? It makes it awful to see the calendar that way. Sometimes birthdays that are okay in Outlook show up as events stretching across 2 days, sometimes 12 to 12 on one day, and sometimes completely properly? For sure, any all day event I create in the Treo shows up incorrectly - i.e., 12 to 12. Is there a problem with syncing the clock or something? I notice that my Treo is off of my computer by 1 or 2 minutes, but nothing substantial.

    Thanks

    PS I will try to reprovision now
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99

    PS I will try to reprovision now
    I got a screen that informed me that all data would be removed from the device. #1: I assume that this just means Good data?
    #2: how do I say yes or no to the command?
    #3: what do I do next?
  11.    #371  
    1-Yes
    2-type Y then enter
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    what does that do, just reset the Good conduit or something?

    Also, here's another one for ya - why do many (not all, strangely) of my "all day" calendar entries show up in Goodlink as literally 12 to 12? It makes it awful to see the calendar that way. Sometimes birthdays that are okay in Outlook show up as events stretching across 2 days, sometimes 12 to 12 on one day, and sometimes completely properly? For sure, any all day event I create in the Treo shows up incorrectly - i.e., 12 to 12. Is there a problem with syncing the clock or something? I notice that my Treo is off of my computer by 1 or 2 minutes, but nothing substantial.
    hmmm...interesting. What do you have for your start of day and end of day settings in the calendar preferences? On my 600, all day events that I schedule through the Treo shows at the top of the calendar page.

    The clock syncing I haven't heard, but the time stamp on the emails are the Exchange time stamp, not the device time stamp. The device gets it's time from the carrier network, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    hmmm...interesting. What do you have for your start of day and end of day settings in the calendar preferences? On my 600, all day events that I schedule through the Treo shows at the top of the calendar page.

    The clock syncing I haven't heard, but the time stamp on the emails are the Exchange time stamp, not the device time stamp. The device gets it's time from the carrier network, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    I have 8a - 6p for my settings in my calendar. In the last few days I have tried to create and re-create appts on both devices and I cannot seem to find out what makes it different. It is really frustrating, though ... is anyone else having this problem?

    On a related note, I did reprovision my device and got the subfolder nesting fixed - but the all-day items are still wrong.

    thanks!
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Ok, Jeff...I see what you mean. What I meant is that on the 600, the Palm native contact database is completely disabled, as in disappears, while on the 650, they Palm native contacts are still available through the contacts, but you are correct in that the Good contacts are associated with the phone. I am checking to see if a fix, similar to the one for the 600, is available for the 650 that will allow you to associate the Palm contacts with the phone.
    all you have to do is delete the good "contacts" prc.... and the system will go back to using the the Palm Contacts as the default for the phone... works on 650 and 600
  15. #375  
    OK,

    This is going to be a long one.... But please tune in, since I'm sure this affects a great many people.

    The first issue that ever made me go crazy with regard to using GOOD was the inability to recieve "beam"ed contacts. I was told that this was for security reasons. After some time, I realized that by deleting the "good contacts" prc file, it not only restored the phone's default to be the PALM CONTACTS but also allowed for beaming to work again. (You can still use "good contacts" but in order to access them, you have to get to them through the GOOD main page.) (Also, they still update in real time, if you enter through the good main page)

    Aside from a simple preference on my part for the palm contacts (vs. good contacts) there are MANY reasons why it is crucial to use the work around.

    For example,

    1)for those of us that use lightwav or some similar ringtone manager, it only knows how to read the Palm Contacts.
    2) In order to make use of the full capabilities of Handark Express's 411 or the Directory Assitance program's abilties to insert a new contact into the address book automatically.

    Therefore, I find that I still have to use the manual syncing with outlook and the PALM contacts.

    This is a problem for two reasons.

    A) The memory is taken up twice
    2) Its very annoying!

    So my request is simple.

    Can a program be created, a simple PALM prc that would allow for copying of data between the GOOD and PALM databases for both contacts and calender.

    This way we could keep those databases in sync without having to be at a computer?

    THANKS!
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    I have 8a - 6p for my settings in my calendar. In the last few days I have tried to create and re-create appts on both devices and I cannot seem to find out what makes it different. It is really frustrating, though ... is anyone else having this problem?

    On a related note, I did reprovision my device and got the subfolder nesting fixed - but the all-day items are still wrong.

    thanks!
    By the way, I am realizing that many of my "all day" problems are birthdays and anniversaries - why would that be?
  17. ea0423's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #377  
    Here's one for you GoodGuy...

    I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 that resets at random. When you type #*377, it shows a Fatal Exception error and shows GoodLink as the app running at the time of reset.

    My guess is the 650 resets when it attempts to reconnect to GPRS or sending/receiving info from our GL server.

    I have another unlocked GSM 650 that does NOT reset and we have several Sprint & Cingular 650s out there without the issue.

    Palm is pointing the finger of blame at Good. Are there any databases that can be corrupted? Can FileZ find and remove them??

    Did I mention the flaky 650 is our MIS VP's phone....
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by ea0423
    Here's one for you GoodGuy...

    I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 that resets at random. When you type #*377, it shows a Fatal Exception error and shows GoodLink as the app running at the time of reset.

    My guess is the 650 resets when it attempts to reconnect to GPRS or sending/receiving info from our GL server.

    I have another unlocked GSM 650 that does NOT reset and we have several Sprint & Cingular 650s out there without the issue.

    Palm is pointing the finger of blame at Good. Are there any databases that can be corrupted? Can FileZ find and remove them??

    Did I mention the flaky 650 is our MIS VP's phone....
    Which SIM card is in the 650 and what carrier is it on? If it is the GEM card, switch it out. If it is T-Mobile, we (nor T-MO) support the 650.
  19. #379  
    Treo 650 (SPCS), GoodLink and Camera:

    I would like to reconfirm the problem that Lucigooch and Nork6 have mentioned here. After using the camera, the treo stops vibrating when there's an incoming email. For regular incoming calls or plam native/ other applications, vibrate function works fine. The only way to get the Treo to vibrate when good has a new email is a soft reset. GoodGuy, please don't tell me that your developers already have look at it and they didn't find anything. I have tested this on 5 different Treos (all SPCS 650) running good 4.0 and they all have the same issue.

    Any idea?
  20. ea0423's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #380  
    Thanks GoodGuy,

    The resetting unlocked GSM Treo 650 was originally on an AT&T SIM with AWS service. We tried 3.8, then did a Zero-Reset and tried 4.0. After that still had resets we swapped the SIM with Cingular and verified it was on the approved 650 list. Tried 3.8 after another Zero Reset and still have the same problem.

    My working unlocked GSM 650 is on an AT&T SIM with AWS service.

    The goofy 650 is running software v. Treo650-1.05-ROW. The cooperating 650 is on Treo650-1.06-ROW. The working Firmware is 01.15.

    Thanks again!
    Eric

Posting Permissions