Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Goodlink's Contacts have hijacked my Treo 650 keys. Whenever I'm in phone mode (i.e. with the phone pad displayed) on my Treo and press ANY of the QWERTY keys, I'm immediately sent to the Goodlinks Contact database (either a new seach or where to the last listing used). That means I can enter number on number pad to dial and any key press takes me to Contacts--very annoying. The only exception is if I press hold designated quick keys. Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks

TurboTreo
    That's actually an option in the Phone app. The only reason GoodLink comes up is because it "serves" the contacts upon request. The Contacts PIM would otherwise do it.

To change it back, go to Phone->General Preferences and then select "Typing dials phone number" from the "Typing starts Contact Search" drop down list.
    Tom, thanks very much. I've spent the last day searching every preference/option I could find, but somehow missed that one in the phone app...

TT
    Thanks for the response, GoodGuy.

Here's another qestion that I haven't been able to answer by searches here. One feature I miss from my Cingulair GoodLink device was the flashing light for new email notification. I can't seem to find a way to make the Treo 650's LED go off when a new email comes in over Good. I've tried LEDoff, but the options (including for blinking upon an alert and incoming mail) don't seem to work on mail through the Good system. Good's own preferences allow for tones and vibrate but not lights. Any suggestions? (I just liked the freedom of being able to glance at the thing on my desk in passing and know whether I have a new message or not).
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fed
    Thanks for the response, GoodGuy.

Here's another qestion that I haven't been able to answer by searches here. One feature I miss from my Cingulair GoodLink device was the flashing light for new email notification. I can't seem to find a way to make the Treo 650's LED go off when a new email comes in over Good. I've tried LEDoff, but the options (including for blinking upon an alert and incoming mail) don't seem to work on mail through the Good system. Good's own preferences allow for tones and vibrate but not lights. Any suggestions? (I just liked the freedom of being able to glance at the thing on my desk in passing and know whether I have a new message or not).
    Not an option, Mr. Fed. Added to the feature request list.
    Thanks, GoodGuy. I've been trying to think of how to come at the problem a different way. I wonder if there is an app out there that automatically changes vibrate or ring commands to blink commands? I'll keep looking.
    GG, I have another question. I have recently had to switch Treo's due to problems with the unit and want to re-populate my inbox and calendar items. I have seen you describe the 'fetch' command, but I don't see the ability to download via my device. I am running 4.0 on my device and our hosted Exchange server guys are running 3.7. when I upgraded to 4.0, I didn't do it OTA. How do I get to the prompts you have described, and can I fetch old appointments for the Calendar as well?
    From the home screen in Goodlink, start typing in "debug" without the quotes, and that will bring up the command prompt. At the command line if you type fetch then press return, it will bring up the various syntax to use. When I upgraded the firmware on my Treo last week, I wanted to get some historical information in some old folders, so the syntax I used was fetch 30 inbox:* That gave me the past 30 messages in my subfolders nested in my inbox.
  9.    #349  
    26.2 is right. The syntax is:

fetch 1000 inbox:*

This will pull 1000 messages and populate your folders.

Your calendar should automatically re-populate.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    26.2 is right. The syntax is:

fetch 1000 inbox:*

This will pull 1000 messages and populate your folders.

Your calendar should automatically re-populate.
    Awesome! I didn't realize that I just needed to start typing without getting a prompt first. I am doing it now
    thanks, guys
    Question on contacts. There does not seem to be a direct mapping between my Outlook contacts and those on the Good Contacts. For example, if I have multiple cell phones using Mobile and Car, they do not come across. Does Good not sync all of the Outlook phone fields? Is Good hard coded so that only: Work, Mobile, Home, Pager and Fax get sync'd? Can I define this somewhere? If this is all you get, is there a plan to fix this limitation?
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by zenith996
    Question on contacts. There does not seem to be a direct mapping between my Outlook contacts and those on the Good Contacts. For example, if I have multiple cell phones using Mobile and Car, they do not come across. Does Good not sync all of the Outlook phone fields? Is Good hard coded so that only: Work, Mobile, Home, Pager and Fax get sync'd? Can I define this somewhere? If this is all you get, is there a plan to fix this limitation?
    That is correct. Those are the only number fields that sync and it is not a defineable option. A feature request has been submitted regarding this.
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    Awesome! I didn't realize that I just needed to start typing without getting a prompt first. I am doing it now
    thanks, guys
    Hi, GG, Thanks for the fetch command hint - the mail came back great. But, I am trying to figure out why my calendar hasn't completely re-populated - some past events are in there, but not all. Also, there are some sub-folders that I cannot get to show up - is there some sort of limit to the amount of nesting that Good "sees?" In other words, I am having no trouble adding a subfolder to say, one or two folders down, but past that, I get nothing.

thanks
    Is is possible to synch Mutilple Task folders?
    I don't see any place to add Task folders like
    you can do with email folders.
    (KeySuite lets you do that, and it's a really
    nice feature).
    Thanks.
  15.    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    Hi, GG, Thanks for the fetch command hint - the mail came back great. But, I am trying to figure out why my calendar hasn't completely re-populated - some past events are in there, but not all. Also, there are some sub-folders that I cannot get to show up - is there some sort of limit to the amount of nesting that Good "sees?" In other words, I am having no trouble adding a subfolder to say, one or two folders down, but past that, I get nothing.

thanks
    Hmmm...there is not a limit to the nesting as far as I know. Let me check with my tech guys and see if there is something I don't know (which has happened before ) about the folders. I have to ask: when you expand your folders, there is no + sign next to the folders that have sub folders nested? Not trying to insult your intelligence, but it is similar to the tech support guy asking you if your PC is plugged in.
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Is is possible to synch Mutilple Task folders?
    I don't see any place to add Task folders like
    you can do with email folders.
    (KeySuite lets you do that, and it's a really
    nice feature).
    Thanks.
    No. We only support a single instance of Tasks. I think this is along the lines of categories and hopefully will be supported in future versions.
    Goodguy, you mentioned that the 4.0 client has hi res apps. I just upgraded to the 4.0 client, and I do notice higher resolution in the e-mail client, in that each character looks better. But the characters are the same size as before, and no additional info is displayed on the screen. Is that the way it should be? In my view, one of the most important benefits to using high resolution is fitting more information on the screen. Is there any way to do that currently with Goodlink?

Dave
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    GG
    Is there a way to limit the extent to which the Treo synchs with outlook. For example, is there a way to set good so it synchs only certain folders (for example, so it doesn’t synch deleted folder)? Can you set it to do partial synch of a folder (for example, synch the inbox for 15 days, synch the sent folder for 10 days, etc)? This would be very helpful for those of us who keep large folders on our desktop.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fed
    Thanks, GoodGuy. I've been trying to think of how to come at the problem a different way. I wonder if there is an app out there that automatically changes vibrate or ring commands to blink commands? I'll keep looking.
    One thing you can do is change your GL Options->Notifications to display an on-screen dialog when you get new mail. Then, if you have Butler installed, it will see that an alert was raised and blink the led. Butler has many other options for getting your attention (bong sound, repeating until you acknowledge, etc) so you can tune it the way you want.
    How does goodlink handle personal folders. We are dependant on pst's based on mailbox quota's. I have heard goodlink mirrors your exchange mailbox, if that is the case when I file a message in a pst, what happens to that message on the device, does it get deleted?

If that is the case any way around this?