Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    There isn't a forum on the Good website like this, so I started this thread to provide assistance.
    Its highly appreciated. Thanks for the help.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
    Hey, GoodGuy, thanks loads for your input here.

I got my Treo 650 on Tuesday and the IT folks at my firm loaded in all the Goodlink software yesterday. I have a quick question or two:

Are there any apps I should avoid to prevent conflicts with the Goodlink software? For instance, I am thinking of getting Zlauncher or some similar launcher to manage placement of data on the memory card, etc. Do any of those tend to interfere with Goodlink apps?
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fed
    Hey, GoodGuy, thanks loads for your input here.

I got my Treo 650 on Tuesday and the IT folks at my firm loaded in all the Goodlink software yesterday. I have a quick question or two:

Are there any apps I should avoid to prevent conflicts with the Goodlink software? For instance, I am thinking of getting Zlauncher or some similar launcher to manage placement of data on the memory card, etc. Do any of those tend to interfere with Goodlink apps?
    Mr Fed..

Welcome to the GoodLink family!

As for conflicts, your best bet is to search through the forums here as you will probably find every possible combination of apps with GoodLink. You can also check our support FAQ page http://www.good.com/index.php/faq_highlights.html and see if there is anything there.
    Mr. Fed - I'm running GL 4.0 with zLauncher and have never had a conflict. In fact, I don't think I've every seen GL conflict with any of my other 80+ apps.

By "conflict" I mean a real problem preventing usage. If you look at some of my other posts in this thread, there are "limitations" related to having GL installed (although the benefits far outweigh the limitations). One in particular is that since GL replaces the Contacts PIM functionality but doesn't support custom ringers or caller picture ID (like the 650 built-in Contacts do), you can't use those features.

GG has fed that back to dev so hopefully we'll see it sometime. Not that it's a big deal for me, just a capability I can't use right now.
    For anyone else who hasn't done the Sprint v1.08 ROM update, I finished mine last night and am happy to report virtually no problems and none at all with GL 4.0 running on top of it. I did a fair amount of before/after benchmarking, so will post details later when I get a chance to write it up.

To do the upgrade, start with http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...er/sprint.html . The Download link there takes you to http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...sprint_dl.html but it’s very important to note that if you are running GoodLink there are specific changes in the process. Follow the note under “Note for third-party email users” to another page where the specific instructions are.

Note this is for Sprint ONLY. The GSM version of the update is not available yet.
    Good guy,

I thought I'd throw this out to you: my Treo 650 is having major syncing problems - ie: sometimes it takes hours for it to send or receive things. It worked fine for about 4 weeks and then this started this week. Things are stuck in the outbox, etc. I know this is happening on others as well. It's not a connection problem as I can browse the web fine.

Have you heard anything about this?
    This won't be much help, but I had that happen to me for the first time (4 month user) about 2 weeks ago. Never really figured out why - neither a soft reset nor switching offline/online made a difference. An hour later, it was back to normal. It hasn't happened since, so I wrote it off as a one-time glitch.
    GoodGuy - Now that I've updated the ROM, I'm back to a "brand new" GoodLink install. What I mean is that my Inbox and Sent Items are complete wrt Outlook contents, but most of the other server email folders are only reflect items dated after the install.

Sure, in time, those will eventually contain the history I want to have with me, but is there any other way (back-door or otherwise), I can get that old info to sync?

Contacts, To Do, Memos are completely intact of course. This is just about email.
  9.    #329  
    tom:

go to the GoodLink Home Screen

type the word 'debug' without quotes
    you will get a command prompt
    type 'fetch 1000 inbox:*' again without quotes, and hit the return key

this will populate all of your folders. If you have more than 1000 emails to move, you can do it multiple times.
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpollack
    Good guy,

I thought I'd throw this out to you: my Treo 650 is having major syncing problems - ie: sometimes it takes hours for it to send or receive things. It worked fine for about 4 weeks and then this started this week. Things are stuck in the outbox, etc. I know this is happening on others as well. It's not a connection problem as I can browse the web fine.

Have you heard anything about this?
    What cellular carrier do you use?
    GG - thanks. I've seen you post that info before, but it didn't dawn on me that I could use it in this situation. It worked like a charm - sweeeet.

Thanks again.

BTW, I'm closing in on your post count
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    BTW, I'm closing in on your post count
    Yeah, but mine are all within the last 45 days!!
    Cingular.
    No. Added to feature request
    In this spirit, a pervasive clock throughout the main GoodLink screens (Email, Calendar, Tasks, et cetera). Currently only the Today screen displays the time.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  15.    #335  
    cpollack..

There have been some issues in the past with Cingular and the 650's. This came out Wednesday:

"Good and Cingular continues investigating a possible issue with
    downloading the OTA Installer Application required for the Over-The-Air
    provisioning process. This does NOT impact message flow to existing
    devices nor does it affect cabled provisioning. This does NOT impact
    mobitex devices. We will provide an update when one becomes available.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at
    support@good.com or 1-866-7BE-GOOD (1-866-723-4663)."

I have forwarded your issue on to our group. Please let me know if there is a change in the operations of your device and I will let you know if I get any more information.
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    In this spirit, a pervasive clock throughout the main GoodLink screens (Email, Calendar, Tasks, et cetera). Currently only the Today screen displays the time.
    Yup. Sent that one before.
    Yeah. I'm aware of that issue. I've tried all sorts of things w/ tech support but to no avail. I'm just wondering if there's more going on here than is being led on to...
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpollack
    Yeah. I'm aware of that issue. I've tried all sorts of things w/ tech support but to no avail. I'm just wondering if there's more going on here than is being led on to...
    Any other cingular users experiencing delays like the one cpolloack is having?
    Yeah, but mine are all within the last 45 days!!
    Touche`
    question for goodguy. i am a new treo 650 user (actually just beta testing it for a few days before deciding on whether or not to get one). the one thing that would be helpful for me is the ability to choose a smaller text. for example versamail has gill sans size 6. that would be great in gl. is this something that is slated for a future release? a few of my colleagues also have the same request after using gl over the past few weeks. we are all IT folks that run super high-res on everything else, so the standard gl font size seems huge

thanks!