Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    I have a Cingular Treo 650, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. I have all of my contact phone numbers on my SIM. Now when I install Goodlink, it hijacks my contacts so that when you send or recieve a call and you try to pull information from your contacts, you can only pull from the contacts that are listed in Goodlink. The Palm contacts pull from both the local phone number database and the SIM card, so why can't Goodlink do the same, or if it doesn't by default, is there a hack or a 3rd party program that will let me do this? I'm really trying to avoid adding 200 phone numbers to my Good contacts by having it being able to simply read from my SIM card as well as the Exchange server.

Jeff
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCastile
    I have a Cingular Treo 650, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. I have all of my contact phone numbers on my SIM. Now when I install Goodlink, it hijacks my contacts so that when you send or recieve a call and you try to pull information from your contacts, you can only pull from the contacts that are listed in Goodlink. The Palm contacts pull from both the local phone number database and the SIM card, so why can't Goodlink do the same, or if it doesn't by default, is there a hack or a 3rd party program that will let me do this? I'm really trying to avoid adding 200 phone numbers to my Good contacts by having it being able to simply read from my SIM card as well as the Exchange server.

Jeff
    Jeff...

GoodLink disables the Palm native contact database. You can use both the Palm and Good contacts by doing the fix/hack found here http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?p=600426
    I'm looking for a solution for ONE Exchange user (me) in my corporation.
    The rest of my company uses Blackberry

Does Good provide such a solution? or are you familiar with any other product that would do this?
  4.    #304  
    Viper..

If your IT group will support a GoodLink server, we can work a way to get you a single seat
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Jeff...

GoodLink disables the Palm native contact database. You can use both the Palm and Good contacts by doing the fix/hack found here http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?p=600426
    Will this work for the 650 as well as the 600? I spoke with someone at Good support and they said they had a workaround for the 600, but not the 650.

Jeff
  6.    #306  
    The Palm contacts are not disabled on the 650.
    The Palm contacts are not disabled on the 650.
    The Treo defaults to the Good Contacts after you install Goodlink. I know, because I have it installed and that's what it does on mine. Caller ID only works for numbers in the Good Contact list, and when you click Contacts on the phone screen, only the Goodlink contacts show up. Believe me, I've called support at Goodlink a couple of times, and I can assure you that Goodlink hijacks the Contacts when you install it. The other contacts still exist, but are basically useless unless every time you want to make a call you go to the palm contact list first, and if you want caller ID on any of the contacts that are only in the palm contacts and are not in the Good contacts, you're either a) out of luck or b) going to have to add them to the Goodlink Contacts as well.

My question is, if I make the changes you referred to in the document, will the Contacts default back to the Palm Contacts instead of the Goodlink Contacts?

Jeff
  8.    #308  
    Ok, Jeff...I see what you mean. What I meant is that on the 600, the Palm native contact database is completely disabled, as in disappears, while on the 650, they Palm native contacts are still available through the contacts, but you are correct in that the Good contacts are associated with the phone. I am checking to see if a fix, similar to the one for the 600, is available for the 650 that will allow you to associate the Palm contacts with the phone.
    Viper..

If your IT group will support a GoodLink server, we can work a way to get you a single seat
    Meh, they won't ....

the Sprint Business Connect service had a single user thing where it ran on the user's desktop and connected to exchange just as if it were Outlook, and then forwarded the email through the Sprint email service to the Treo. That is what I am looking for (but for TMobile)

Thanks!
    Jimmy...wow..never heard that one before..let me check with our tech folks on Monday and see if they have heard of anything like that before.
    GoodGuy, I am having this problem too. You said a while back that you were checking. Any word (or does anyone else have a fix)? Thanks much.
  11.    #311  
    Sorry, normane..it got lost in the shuffle and I also assumed (possibly incorrectly) that it ran along the lines with the SIM card issues. Let me get back on it and see if I can find anything.
    I just got my Treo 650 and our coporate server is running 3.7. I'm just waiting for them to upgrade it to 4.0 so I can use it.

How much space does the Goodlink software take up on a Treo 650?

How is that space broken down between contacts, calendar and email?

My plan is to delete the calendar and contacts portion of Goodlink once it's installed because I use Agendus. I have no need for OTA sync of my calendar.

How much space will the email app take assuming normal email sizes?

Thanks....
  13.    #313  
    I have never gone into the ROM to see the different amount of space that each app is using, nor do I know all the files that will need to be deleted to completely remove the calendar and contacts. The complete app takes about 8MB.

BTW, you don't have to be on 4.0 server to run the client. You can download the desktop installer from the website and upgrade your client. Versions are all backward and forward compatible.
    Goodguy,

Just sent you an email. Sorry for the length.
    Ok so I have goodlink on my treo 600 from sprint it works good but i have 2 calendars on my exchange account at work (ie i have the std calendar folder and then i added a new folder of type calendar) is there a way to view both using goodlink ?

thanks for the help
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevine1152
    Ok so I have goodlink on my treo 600 from sprint it works good but i have 2 calendars on my exchange account at work (ie i have the std calendar folder and then i added a new folder of type calendar) is there a way to view both using goodlink ?

thanks for the help
    No. This would be similar to having contacts in a folder. Unfortunately, we don't support that yet.
    My Boss needs to be able to see my calendar but i dont want her to see none work things so i mark them private in outlook 2003 there is a check box at the bottom of the new calendar entry form called private if it is checked a shared calendar only shows that i am bussy not what i am bussy doing. but i cant find that check box on goodlink when i creat a new entry on my treo i can mark it private when i go back to my computer and open it in outlook.

my question is is there a way to mark it private in goodlink ?

thanks
  18.    #318  
    Unforntuately, there is no way to mark calendar events created via the device as private. I have added that to my weekly email to our feature request folks.
    Two questions:

* Is it possible to have Task and Calendar reminders vibrate in addition to chime? If the volume is off I can still receive email notification vibrations, but Tasks and Calendar reminders will go missed.

* Is this the proper forum for general GoodLink questions, or is there a forum at the Good website we should be using instead?

Thanks.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    Two questions:

* Is it possible to have Task and Calendar reminders vibrate in addition to chime? If the volume is off I can still receive email notification vibrations, but Tasks and Calendar reminders will go missed.
    No. Added to feature request

* Is this the proper forum for general GoodLink questions, or is there a forum at the Good website we should be using instead?
    While this is not an officially supported forum by Good, I am an employee here with Good and have access to technical resources to answer questions I don't know (which there have been many ) There isn't a forum on the Good website like this, so I started this thread to provide assistance.