Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    The space key scrolls down???? Cool! I didn't know that - where can I find the other hot keys? I never got a Good manual.
    Ditto, good question. I know a lot of hot keys myself but I am sure there is a lot I dont know. For instance i did not know the space bar either.

GG,

Maybe there is a list of shortcuts and hot keys that you can post for us in a PDF. I am sure a lot of us would find it very helpful.
  2.    #282  
    Some Email Keyboard Shortcuts:

Key
    R
    Reply-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

V
    Preview Pane-From Inbox View

D
    Delete-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

L
    Flag-Will either Flag the message, mark the flag complete or delete the flag

T
    Top-Will go to the Top of the Inbox or top of the email

U
    Mark as Unread-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

A
    Reply All-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

F
    Forward-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

B
    Bottom (opposite of T)-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

N
    Next Day-When in "Sort by Date" view of the Inbox, N will go to the next day

N
    Next Message-When message view, N will take you to the next message

M
    Move to Folder-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

P
    Previous Same as N except goes to Previous

Backspace
    Same as D (delete) Can be done from Inbox view or message view

Spacebar
    Page Down-Can be done from Inbox view or message view

I will make a document (when I get a chance) with these and others within calendar, contacts, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    The space key scrolls down???? Cool! I didn't know that - where can I find the other hot keys? I never got a Good manual.
    You can actually d/l the GL4.0 manual from http://good.com.cnchost.com/glsoftwa...User_Guide.pdf which has the complete list of shortcuts. A partial list is:

Today Screen Shortcuts
    Key Description
    C Opens the Contacts application
    T Opens the Task application
    N Opens the Notes application
    A Opens the GoodAccess application (if GoodAccess is installed)
    F Opens the GoodLink Forms application list (if GoodLink Forms applications are installed)
    L Locks handheld when password is set. Activates Keyguard if no password is set.
    P Opens GoodLink preferences
    S Initiates Send/Receive Now

Email Shortcuts (Email List)
    Key Description
    T Moves to the top of the email list
    B Moves to the bottom of the email list
    N Moves to the next day’s messages (down the list)
    P Moves to the previous day’s messages (up the list)
    D Deletes the selected message (as does Backspace)
    M Moves selected message to a folder
    Space Pages down one screen in list
    R Reply to sender
    A Reply to all
    F Forward message

Email Shortcuts (Reading a Message)
    Key Description
    T Moves to the top of the message
    B Moves to the bottom of the message
    P Opens the previous message (up the list)
    N Opens the next message (down the list)
    M Moves message to a folder
    Space Pages down one screen in message
    R Reply to sender
    A Reply to all
    F Forward message
  4.    #284  
    LOL! I didn't know that...

Tom, need a job?
    Is that an offer? Send me a PM
  6.    #286  
    LOL! Sorry, not my department.
    Just kidding anyway. I like trying to give back a little for all the info I've received here. Keeps the forum alive, ya know.
    GG, Tom
    that's great, thanks a million.
    I am new to Goodlink and have a stupid question. Is it possible to see the saved emails in my Inbox folders? For instance, I have a folder called Activation Codes where i have all my purchased palm software reg codes. Is it possible to see the contents of this folder in Goodlink?
    As long as it is on the Exchange server (and not in a Personal Folder .pst file on your machine), the answer is yes. I'm not positive, but I think the folder has to be at the root level - not sure if buried sub-folders will sync.

If you move a message from one folder to another on your Treo, the move will be sync'd on the Exchange server as well.
  11.    #291  
    Tom is right..(still bucking for that job? )

If the Folders in Outlook are located within your Inbox, they, and all sub-folders, will sync with your device. If you have installed GoodLink on your device and you have the folders on the server and the emails have not pulled, look in this thread for a a post that I made with a command that will pull them all over.
    Thanks GoodGuy! The fetch command worked perfectly!
    GoodGuy, thank you for all of your "good" work on this forum. My question to you deals with email notification. I have many sub-folders under my inbox tree. When I receive an email from anyone in these sub-folders, I do not receive notification on the screen like I normally do if I receive an email in my inbox. I have set the preferences/notification for all of the email I receive the same. I've checked the Show On-Screen Alert, and Show Alert Dialog. For my sub-folders, I do receive the On-Screen Alert, however, not the Alert Dialog. Also, the mail icon in the lower right hand corner does not reflect any new mail received in the subfolders.
    26point2 - I would guess that you aren't actually seeing the email in those sub-folders either, correct?

I think it may be related to how your GoodLink->Preferences->Email Delivery preferences are set up. Make sure that all the sub-folders you want sync'd (and I'm guessing alert'd) appear in the list of folders. Do menu->Add Folder... to add them.

Hope it helps.
    Yes, I am seeing the emails in those sub-folders, I am just not receiving the Alert Dialog that I typically get when I receive email in my Inbox. This is more of an annoyance than anything else. What I think may be happening here, is I have a sub-folder for people on my team, and under that subfolder, I have the individual folders for each team member. I don't think Goodlink has the option of showing alerts for sub folders of a sub folder.
    Sorry it didn't help - was kind of a shot in the dark as I don't have nested folders. Seems odd though - I expected that the notification would be done on the email as it came in irregardless of what folder it was going to.
    Thank you anyways. It does seem odd though, I guess the email icon in the lower right corner is tied to the inbox only and not to the number of new messages. I verified this by having someone from my nested folder send me an email.
    GG, any more thoughts on my "Personal" vs "All" contacts categorizing? I still can't figure it out ... and since I have at least one involuntary reset per day now that I have a "new" (read: refurbished replacement model) T600, it's more of a problem than it was previously ...
  19. AKC
    Does Good have the ability to access other e-mails outside of those maintained on the designated server? I work for a fairly large company. We are interesested in purchasing good but our corp. executives would like sofware that would allow them to recieve mail from not only the corp. server but also there personal email accounts (yahoo,aol,google ect....).They can currently do this with there blackberrys but they are intrested in getting treo's. Basically they are looking for the same functionality of Blackberry Web Client which allows them to recieve mail from up to 10 additional email accounts. Thanks for your help.
  20.    #300  
    AKC,

No. GoodLink will only access the Exchange server where the GoodLink server sits. No POP or IMAP access with GoodLink.