Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Good idea, AC, however, bear in mind that our core competency is Exchange synchronization. We have to focus on that as opposed to offering media players, games, etc.
    ABSOLUTELY and you guys do it better than anything else out there. It was really more of a thought for opening attachments in general. Like if I wanted to open a jpeg or a pdf or in this case a wav, I would not need docs to go or some other program, since it seems that right now we have to rely on third party software. But if thats the trade off for you guys to keep the focus on the core email, contact .........solution, then I am all for it.

Thanks
    AC
  2.    #242  
    The issue with attachments (ie, word, excel) is the OS, not Good. PPC phones use pocket word, excel, while Palm phones have to use 3rd party. This goes along the same lines with other attachments like gifs and wavs.
    [QUOTE=GoodGuy
    I apologize. Are you talking about the Good contacts or the Palm Contacts? Are you on a 650 or a 600?[/QUOTE]

I'm on a Sprint Treo 600. After I upgrade to 4.0, I go to Goodlink's Contacts funtion and nothing is there but a few predefined numbers. I see it has changed from just Personal Contacts, Company History, and All to numerous categories, but none of my contact data is carried over.
    GG - another question - why after a reboot does the Contacts folder resort to "Personal Contacts" rather than "All?" Also, how does Good determine what goes into Personal? It doesn't relate at all to my Outlook categories, and every single one of my contacts is stored locally on my Outlook, rather than from a server sync - so I can't seem to figure it out. Help?
  5.    #245  
    massey..

We don't support Outlook categories yet. GoodLink syncs the Contacts that are stored on the server, not the ones stored locally.
  6.    #246  
    Rich..

Hmmm...assuming your contacts are on your Exchange server, they should have sync'd after the upgrade. Anything else not syncing?
    Good idea, AC, however, bear in mind that our core competency is Exchange synchronization. We have to focus on that as opposed to offering media players, games, etc.
    I noticed Good has a included Docs to go in the installed to push the apps to the phone during install if needed. What about doing the same thing with a audio player that supports the needed audio formats for voicemail files. Then Good and list that as another possible feature or a feather in the hat...

FYI - I started upgrading all my users and we are loving 4.0. I really like the server side information i get now on my users. Most of the info that was on the Good reporting site is now in the Console, i like it. Now to get my 2nd Goodlink server setup....

-Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    Doogles - Thanks for the response on stability. Sounds like you are on Sprint? I'm using an unlocked GSM version. If I have NOTHING else on the phone but Good, it resets about 1-2 times per day. I have a new phone on the way. It almost like there is a memeory leak in the GPRS stack or something... After a while it just craps out.
    Yes, I have a Sprint CDMA Treo 650.

I had a few phantom problems, mostly centering around Versamail *****ing that it was failing to sync even though I didn't even HAVE Versamail (Shadowmite ROM). I did a Hard Reset and just re-installed what I wanted/needed, and things have been pretty fantastic since then.

I don't have resets, although I'm still annoyed with the lack of Bluetooth (don't even try to claim the current implementation "supports" Bluetooth; that would just be a lie).

-jd
  9.    #249  
    Good (no pun intended) idea, but there are licensing issues at that point. I would think an agreement could be made with developer of an app to do that, but those kinds of things are wayyyyy above my decision level.

Glad to hear you like 4.0. May I ask why you are setting up a second server?
    GoodGuy--

Is there any way to verify whether an ERASE DATA request was successful?

My Treo was lost (stolen?) the other night and I sent an ERASE DATA request to it a few hours later after I got home. The "last message from Handheld" hasn't changed since about 45minutes after I lost it, so I am curious if there is any way to verify whether the request was successful.

When I call it about 1/100 calls answers, and Sprint tells me there has been some minimal data activity (So I know it's still alive/Vision works). I have a theory that whoever has it found it when I first lost it, and after I called it 100 times got sick of it and popped the battery out. Of course, this means that Goodlink is not running and unless the perp fires up Goodlink it will never try and "phone home".

Just curious,
    -jd
    Good (no pun intended) idea, but there are licensing issues at that point. I would think an agreement could be made with developer of an app to do that, but those kinds of things are wayyyyy above my decision level.

Glad to hear you like 4.0. May I ask why you are setting up a second server?
    It's to help resolve the billing/licensing issues we were having on the account. It will work better for myself and Good if i have the 2nd server up and running. Just another project on my to-do list
    If you could, check you PM, i just sent over a message about GoodAccess.
    My IT guys at work finily setup goodlink on my Treo its great its just like blackberry but better. but the IT guy said i dont ever need to do a man sync with the cable again but i know i do if i want to sync my pocket quicken with it how do i turn off the cable sync for everything but pocket quicken ?
    ok so i use goodlink for my work email and calender and everything with exchange and i use chatteremail for my personal imap email chatter email worked fine before my IT guys setup goodlink on my treo now i cant get chatter to work all of the time is there a link ie is goodlink causeing this ?
  15.    #255  
    mlevine..

Should not be a conflict..at least that I have heard/know of. Maybe some other chatter/GoodLink users can help.
    Newbie Ignoramus Questions:
    My company has server 2003. I have set up versamail to work fairly well with it. Get errors sometimes but it seems to be chugging along. The IT department will give NO support or acknowledgemnt or this being used. I basically feel like i'm doing it against policy but from what I understand its just like using the webbrowser as far as security goes.
    If I switch to GOOD will the only advantage I realize is the "push" feature. Will I need any kind of "support" from my IT because they won't give it.
    Thanks everybody.
    Jack
  17.    #257  
    Compared to VersaMail? No, you will get much more than just push. You will get folder sync, contacts, notes and tasks, and a MUCH cleaner interface. Put it this way: Palm uses GoodLink.

From an IT perspective, you will need support in regards there is a server portion of GoodLink that has to be installed and configured with your Exchange server.
    massey..

We don't support Outlook categories yet. GoodLink syncs the Contacts that are stored on the server, not the ones stored locally.
    All of my contacts are stored locally and sit on the Exchange server. Perhaps my earlier post wasn't clear - I was trying to explain that we don't have a big organizational list at the server level - only my contacts sync with my profile, etc.

And that still doesn't explain why there would be a difference between "all" and "personal" in the first place.

Is my question more clear now?
  19.    #259  
    Do you have a contact folder labeled "personal" within Outlook? If so, it will not sync. "All" will show all contacts you have listed, including those that are in public contact folders. "Personal" as it relates to GoodLink are your Exchange contacts that reside in the folder labled "Contacts"
    Rich..

Hmmm...assuming your contacts are on your Exchange server, they should have sync'd after the upgrade. Anything else not syncing?
    Everything else is there after the upgrade - mail, calendar, tasks. I turned off the radio while upgrading as I didn't want to download messages then have to revert to the backup and lose them, so I can't verify that synching post-upgrade worked correctly. Do the contacts get wiped out and need to be resynched after the upgrade, unlike everything else?