Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    lemongrass...

Did you upgrade via OTA or the desktop install? If via OTA, go to GoodLink Preferences, Applications and reinstall GoodLink. When it is done, do the following steps:

Go to the GoodLink Home Screen
    Type the word 'debug' (without the quotes)
    You will get a command prompt. Type 'fetch 1000 inbox:*' (again without the quotes) and hit the return key.

You will see the GL client pulling emails. You can leave the screen and go to other apps, etc, and you should get all of your emails.

Rich..

I apologize. Are you talking about the Good contacts or the Palm Contacts? Are you on a 650 or a 600?
    It was an initial desktop install (and there's nothing in the
    applications preference section).
    (I won't be able to have our tech reinstall it till Tues.,
    there's no way I can download it from good.com and re-install it
    myself without losing my configuration info is there?)
    Thanks.
    Good Guy,

Like so many on this forum, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to research and help resolve our questions. Thank you.

I was using Versamail on my 650 but our company upgraded to Goodlink v4.0 for all of our 650's. There was some functionality in the Versamail that I don't see in Goodlink. First, we use Cisco VOIP phones and that sends the voice mail in email. Using Versamail I was able to click on the voice mail email and listen to it. I cannot make this happen with Goodlink. Secondly, when I attempt to send a picture, I select "send" and then the "Send with" window appears. I can only slect Versamail (I still use that to get my home email) or Bluetooth, Good link isn't an option.

Can you help?
  4.    #224  
    lemongrass, you can download the installer from http://good.com.cnchost.com/glsoftwa...p_4_0_1_10.exe
  5.    #225  
    Sprinttreo...

No go, unfortunately, on the Unity Voicemail, from what I understand. Let me check with folks on Monday and see if anything had changed in regards to that.

Sending pictures via GoodLink is the same as trying to send attachments. Can't do it..yet. We are looking at the June/July timeframe to support sending attachements. I use the Sprint Picturemail to send pictures with my 600.

Sorry couldn't be of more help.
    Thanks. downloaded and ran it, but it gets stuck on
    "Setting up connection to the device - Resetting the device
    and turning the radio on...". (the "next" button never gets
    enabled).
    It does reset it after the hotsync, and the Treo does connect
    to the network and sign on to Gprs successfully, but nothing
    happens after that.
    Is there anything I need to do on the Treo itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by ehammett
    Just reading these Good threads and thought I would throw in my two cents on anyone thinking of implementing GL. I work as an IT administrator for a company who tested both BES and GL. When installing GoodLink it was simple and straight forward, in fact I had it up and running in a matter of minutes with the first device configured. When setting up BES although not exactly difficult it was very cumbersome, and when trying to configure the new device I found it extremley tedious from an administrative stand point.

Support with BES was a huge ordeal because they wanted a service agreement which we didn't purchase, whereas anytime I call in at Good they have always helped with any problems I was having.

From the end user stand point we had some users where we gave them both a Treo 600 (650 wasn't out) and the BB 1700, all said they liked the Treo much better. Mostly because of the way GL has the same 'feel' of Outlook so the learning curve was minimal. Using the email client on the BB device was a much bigger challenge for non-technical users.

Well that is my two cents........

I agree. One of my customer has BES and I find it's extremely difficult to support end-users too. Users come to me with problems (things that don't work as they should) all the time. This does not include missing functionality. So, all in all, even with its quirks (and we know it will get better), Good is way ahead of BES and I can't recommend it enough!
  8.    #228  
    lemongrass..

Interesting. Haven't heard that one before. Did you do the fetch command I mentioned in a previous post?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Regarding the Unity voicemail, I am not sure (I will look) but Unity may be compressing the .wav file and Pocket Tunes can only play uncompressed .wav files (as far as I can see from their website). Can pocketunes play the .wav file when it is opened by another reader?
    Out of the box, Cisco Unity records audio using G711 (u-law in the US, a-law elsewhere) but is also capable of storing messges using G.729a. So one simply needs an application that can comprehend and play G711 audiofiles.

I get the impression ptunes' "WAV" plugin is built using some freebie open-source library, and that library simply doesn't understand G711.

If someone could write a plugin for ptunes to do so, this would be huge. Cisco Unity is an awesome product, Greatlink is as well -- if I could play voicemails on the Treo without having to dial in that would be the coolest.

-jd

Reference: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...apr/codecs.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex
    cgachuck,

mailstreet is good but on the expensive side. they want $330 per year for goodlink with no discounts and $50 for setup. with goodlink directly you can get 2 years with discount and i tried to get the same discount from mailstreet and they didn't want to offer it.

alex
    Disclosure: I don't use mailstreet, never heard of them until this thread.

That said, why is $330 "expensive"? That may be street price (ie, no discounts) on the Goodlink license, but remember they're running Exchange (which means CALs for them) and handling the administration/ownership of those systems as well.

If you think Mailstreet's only cost is a Goodlink license and the rest is gravy, you're mistaken.

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Nope, server side upgrade is not required. You can download the upgrade from the website and upgrade. Download the desktop installer, cradle and upgrade your device and you are up and running on the newest, latest version even if your server is still running 3.7.

As for your IT guys reluctance to upgrade, that is completely understandable (thank you, Microsoft), however, I am not getting any reports from my customers of problems. That isn't to say there haven't been any, I just haven't heard any.
    Upgrade was a breeze, I had the following completed in like 90 minutes total:
    * Goodlink Server 3.8->4.0 Upgraded
    * OTA emails out to my 7 users
    * Push Applications setup

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    GG, I'm on sprint and see "Examining Emails" during GL initialization but only after a soft reset. You don't see it when simply going back online. Mine only lasts a few seconds, but I tend to file things in other folders and keep the inbox small.

daf999999 - just guessing here, but do you routinely have a significant amount in your inbox (>100?) - it might be the difference between our experiences. My guess is GL is just examining the headers to get resync'd.

I can understand the annoyance if it took minutes to get back to normal, but doubt if much could be done about it.
    I was experiencing 5-minute spinup times, but then I realized:
    * I had 8000+ emails in my Deleted Items, and
    * I had 3000+ emails in my Sent Items

I tend to never clean out either (I use X1 on my desktop to find emails), so I simply quit sync'ing Sent Items and I find that deleting emails from Deleted Items does NOT delete them on my Exchange Server so this was workable.

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    GG - I am thinking of returning my T650 due to instability but first I wanted ask a question. If I do a full hard reset and start completely clean and just install Good (latest 4 ver on both server and T650) should I expect a completely stable phone? If my phone continues to reset then should I assume my phone is defective and return it? I got the 650 primarily to run Good on it and I don't know if my phone is defective or if there isn't a stable ver of Good for the 650 yet.
    All 4 of my GL4/Treo650 users (which includes me) have been happy with stability.

I run the following:
    * Customized ROM based off of Shadowmite's Minimal ROM
    * Goodlink 4.0.0.59
    * PalmOne Roaming Patch
    * ZLauncher, FileZ, NesEm, Verichat, pssh, pTunes

I've been very happy.

My users do complain of "pauses"; seems to be in low signal areas, I guess it's Goodlink re-establishing communication with the Goodlink Server? That's really the only complaint I get, however I get tons of "Goodlink rocks". Internally, we call it "Greatlink".

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinttreo
    Good Guy,

I was using Versamail on my 650 but our company upgraded to Goodlink v4.0 for all of our 650's. There was some functionality in the Versamail that I don't see in Goodlink. First, we use Cisco VOIP phones and that sends the voice mail in email. Using Versamail I was able to click on the voice mail email and listen to it. I cannot make this happen with Goodlink.
    Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    Out of the box, Cisco Unity records audio using G711 (u-law in the US, a-law elsewhere) but is also capable of storing messges using G.729a. So one simply needs an application that can comprehend and play G711 audiofiles.

I get the impression ptunes' "WAV" plugin is built using some freebie open-source library, and that library simply doesn't understand G711.

If someone could write a plugin for ptunes to do so, this would be huge. Cisco Unity is an awesome product, Greatlink is as well -- if I could play voicemails on the Treo without having to dial in that would be the coolest.

-jd
    Hey Sprinttreo and Doogles,

I was doing some looking around and I found this app that seems to look like what you guys are wanting. It's 'mvoice' from 'motionapps' http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvm

here's what their sites says:
    "mVoiceMail Features:

Support for WAV and GSM encoded files
    Supported codecs include CCITT uLaw (G.711u), CCITT ALaw (G.711A), PCM and GSM 6.10
    Seamlessly integrated with most e-mail clients, including Treo Mail, GoodLink Email and SnapperMail
    Easy to use UI
    Optimized for Treo 650 and Treo 600 "

I have not used it, so I cant speak about it's stability with Good and the 650 but I am currently switching over some lines to VOIP, and would have a use for this (with my Good) in the near future. Check it out and let me know how it works. Hope it works out. Good luck!

AC
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    Hey Sprinttreo and Doogles,

I was doing some looking around and I found this app that seems to look like what you guys are wanting. It's 'mvoice' from 'motionapps' http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvm

here's what their sites says:
    "mVoiceMail Features:

Support for WAV and GSM encoded files
    Supported codecs include CCITT uLaw (G.711u), CCITT ALaw (G.711A), PCM and GSM 6.10
    Seamlessly integrated with most e-mail clients, including Treo Mail, GoodLink Email and SnapperMail
    Easy to use UI
    Optimized for Treo 650 and Treo 600 "

I have not used it, so I cant speak about it's stability with Good and the 650 but I am currently switching over some lines to VOIP, and would have a use for this (with my Good) in the near future. Check it out and let me know how it works. Hope it works out. Good luck!

AC
    I'll try it out right now.

Thanks.

-jd
  16.    #236  
    Please let us know and I will forward any information you uncover to our development and support folks.
    I'll try it out right now.

Thanks.

-jd
    mVoicemail worked great. The catch was, of course, it cost $15.

This kind of goes back to Michael Ducker's manifesto from the other day regarding multimedia on the Treo; yet another program that needs to be purchased in order to comprehend another format (G711). So now we need pTunes, MMPlayer, mVoicemail, and more.

-jd
    mVoicemail worked great. The catch was, of course, it cost $15.

This kind of goes back to Michael Ducker's manifesto from the other day regarding multimedia on the Treo; yet another program that needs to be purchased in order to comprehend another format (G711). So now we need pTunes, MMPlayer, mVoicemail, and more.

-jd
    Sure, it's like buying a Rolls Royce and having to go afterwards to a third party to buy the sound system seperate, the heated seats, and so on. How absurd, but I dont want to side track the thread, since this is a great thread for us good users.

Anyway great to hear that it is working for you. I guess the $15 is not so bad considering it's a very useful feature. I am waiting for my IT admin to enable the download feature on my good server so I can download a voip wav file from a good email and try out mvoicemail.

Hey GG maybe this (a player for wav attachments like mVoicemail) is something Good can add to a future update?

AC
  19.    #239  
    Good idea, AC, however, bear in mind that our core competency is Exchange synchronization. We have to focus on that as opposed to offering media players, games, etc.
    Doogles - Thanks for the response on stability. Sounds like you are on Sprint? I'm using an unlocked GSM version. If I have NOTHING else on the phone but Good, it resets about 1-2 times per day. I have a new phone on the way. It almost like there is a memeory leak in the GPRS stack or something... After a while it just craps out.