Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Tomvb2000 - good guess, I have a giant inbox. But, my "examining emails" issue is not limited to resets - occurs after regaining signal (for example after exiting elevator).
    Perhaps there is a threshold before showing the "examining emails" message based on the number of changes that need to be resync'd. As long as I'm batting 1000 on guesses, I'd say the default was "infinite" after a reset and some function of "number of changes" when regaining signal.

Regardless, I doubt there is much that Good could do about it. Given the way we organize our lives is somewhat genetic, I'm not going to tell you to manage your inbox differently
  3.    #203  
    Chris..

Unfortunately, you cannot beam contacts from within the Good Contacts database. It is on the list, but with the 650, you can support both Good Contacts and Palm Native contacts, so I am not sure the priority that our development group is putting on beaming.
    GoodGuy - be sure to inform the dev group that with the memory arch of the 650, it's possible but not feasible (from a amount of free memory standpoint) for most people to maintain both sets of Contacts - not to mention that one has to go through significant hoops to get the Palm contacts to sync after GL is installed. Plus with the native db shadow dbs created, the amount of memory used explodes even further.

I'm quite happy with my 650 and GL, but as you've noticed about my other posts, I'd like to see GL more fully replace the native app functionality. I guess I just hate giving those functions up.
  5.    #205  
    Tom..

Yup, agreed. I don't necessarily think the plan was to have both supported, but to allow those that already are using the palm native app to the ability for minimal usage and have users utilize the Good Contacts (and therefore Exchange/Outlook) as their primary contact database. Yes, that irks some, but the best way I can address that is, with no smart-*** tone intended, "it is what it is".
    Hey Goodguy

upgraded 4.0 from 3.8 but I was suprised to find that new unread email is not highlighted like it used to be (or at least like I thought I remember it being)and only the envelope is bold. Is that an intentional change? I remember on one of the very early versions that it was like that but i thought good changed that....now it seems we are going backwards. The email should be bold (so that it stands out) until read just like in outlook. If I am wrong and just confusing it with outlook and it was never like that then I guess I need a vacation : ) but can you make the request anyway and am i correct in my recollection of the way it was? can you advise?

Thanks

AC
  7.    #207  
    aacnyc..

Are you on a 600 or 650? On the 600, the yellow highlight is barely visible. On the 650, it is stands out pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    aacnyc..

Are you on a 600 or 650? On the 600, the yellow highlight is barely visible. On the 650, it is stands out pretty well.
    650 was and still am....Thanks, phew ...I thought I was losing it there, right, the yellow highlight that I used to have I dont have anymore.strange no? how do I get it back?
  9.    #209  
    Hmmm...let me do some digging...that is strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack
    Hi, my company just hooked my up with a new Treo 650 running Goodlink, but I have an issue. When Goodlink is initialized my camcorder does not work in hi res (352x288). It gives a video error “unable to encode the video”. On a hard reboot the hi res mode works fine since Goodlink is not running yet. Also, my camcorder does work in low res with goodlink, but not hi-res. Any suggestions? I have 4.1m free.

Thanks,
    Jimmy
    GoodGuy - any word on this issue? It's definitely repeatable and 3 separate people have duplicated it. Thanks.
  11.    #211  
    tom..

Nothing yet. When I get a chance, I will check with our tech group
    Thanks - appreciate it as always
    GG - I am thinking of returning my T650 due to instability but first I wanted ask a question. If I do a full hard reset and start completely clean and just install Good (latest 4 ver on both server and T650) should I expect a completely stable phone? If my phone continues to reset then should I assume my phone is defective and return it? I got the 650 primarily to run Good on it and I don't know if my phone is defective or if there isn't a stable ver of Good for the 650 yet.
  14.    #214  
    ds..

Obviously, I can't guarantee a "completely" stable phone. We have v4.0 running on 650's within Good and with many, many customers with no issues. Again, I am not telling you to return the phone as defective, but I would read the posts here regarding the 650 and see if anything seems similar.
    GG - Thanks for the response. I've combed the boards - I have the unlocked GSM version that just came out and I know about the SIM issues, etc. I'm simply asking if I should expect a completely stable device if I run NO extra software but the base ROM stuff + Good assuming my SIM is OK (it is). I've seen mention of the NVFS being "unstable" and Palm not fixing it...

I'm running the base ROM after a hard reset with Good 4.0.0.59. I have 1,100 contacts, 6-12 calendar entries per day, and I get 100+ emails per day but I delete them as quickly as I can so I generally have fewer than 40 at any one time. The phone still resets occasionally (about once per day) I don't know if it's the phone, or I'm running out of memory (shows I have 8mg free) or Good. I was hoping you would say if all you are running is the base OS plus Good with a good phone it's completely stable. In that case I'd ask for a replacement phone.

BTW - Speaking fro myself I REALLY appreciate it when companies support their products interactively and publicly as you do here. Good has become an essential service for me - so much so that I'll happily swap devices to get a device that runs Good reliably with a nice screen. I just was hoping the T650 was it...
    Hi, GoodGuy - I have a question.

I recently had to switch to a new T600 (damned orange blob killing my screen) and I took advantage of that opportunity to upgrade to v4. I now find that I no longer have the "View High Quality" option when viewing attachments - what can I do to get it back?

Thanks in advance for such a great interactive experience!!
  17.    #217  
    Massey..

You need to install Docs2Go to view high quality.
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    GG - Thanks for the response. I've combed the boards - I have the unlocked GSM version that just came out and I know about the SIM issues, etc. I'm simply asking if I should expect a completely stable device if I run NO extra software but the base ROM stuff + Good assuming my SIM is OK (it is). I've seen mention of the NVFS being "unstable" and Palm not fixing it...
    I think that is a fair expectation to have based on feedback from my customers who are running 4.0
    I'm running the base ROM after a hard reset with Good 4.0.0.59. I have 1,100 contacts, 6-12 calendar entries per day, and I get 100+ emails per day but I delete them as quickly as I can so I generally have fewer than 40 at any one time. The phone still resets occasionally (about once per day) I don't know if it's the phone, or I'm running out of memory (shows I have 8mg free) or Good. I was hoping you would say if all you are running is the base OS plus Good with a good phone it's completely stable. In that case I'd ask for a replacement phone.
    That DEFINITELY sounds like a phone issue.

BTW - Speaking fro myself I REALLY appreciate it when companies support their products interactively and publicly as you do here. Good has become an essential service for me - so much so that I'll happily swap devices to get a device that runs Good reliably with a nice screen. I just was hoping the T650 was it...
    Thanks for the compliment and your loyalty to our product. If me being here gives our customers a sense of confidence, then I am doing my job.
    Hi. My goodlink (v4) was working great until I transferred all my old Inbox emails into my new Inbox (we upgraded our Exchange server), I did import a massive amount of emails, and apparently goodlink just cannot deal with that situation. (gets stuck on "receiving emails", and slows down the Treo till it's basically unresponsive, and never seems to "finish" synchronizing).
    I've cleaned up my Exchange inbox now, but how do I get the Treo to
    recover?
    Is there any way to remove all the email on the Treo and let it attempt to
    synch up from the beginning again? (I have few enough in my Inbox now that it shouldn't cause any problem, but the Treo is still stuck....).
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Rich...

I am checking on this. Will get back to you.
    I think I checked all the posts since I was last here, but couldn't find anything.

I tried upgrading to 4.0 again today and again found all of my Contacts had disappered - just a few with *xxx numbers - I assume default help/support numbers and the like. I even tried a HotSync to get the data back, but no luck so I restored from my card again. Any ideas?