1.    #1  
    I just added the LockLine insurance through ATT for $3.99. It covers everything except water damage (strange) so i guess i won't go swimming with my 650. I asked the rep 3 times, you are sure it covers the Treo 650 and she said yes.
    I think the Sprint replacement program is 101 cents more expensive.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Is that per month; does Cingular have anything like it? If not I found this:
    http://www.safeware.com/

They even cover accidental damage! I've heard from PowerBook users that they are very reliable: http://forums.macnn.com/
  4.    #4  
    Not sure about Cingular but the att plan covers accidental damage as well.
  5.    #5  
    www.safeware.com seems pretty good. $60 for $500 coverage with no deductable, it also covers water damage. Wonder what their turnaround time is?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    www.safeware.com seems pretty good. $60 for $500 coverage with no deductable, it also covers water damage. Wonder what their turnaround time is?
    That seems like the perfect solution for Cingular Treo owners. Do you know of anyone that has actually used safeware for coverage?
    The ATT brochure specifically stated all PDA phones were excluded from insurance (at least back in late October it did). I couldn't get it on my SMT5600 or Nokia 6620. I don't trust the reps as far as I can throw them. If I were you I'd call the the 800 number for insurance claims and ask them. If it has changed I'd like to know so I could pick up the insurance on my 650. When I ordered it 2 weeks ago they told me no insurance. I know Cingular doesn't and I really don't think ATT does either. It would be great if it changed but I think you got bad information.
    I just added the LockLine insurance through ATT for $3.99. It covers everything except water damage (strange) so i guess i won't go swimming with my 650. I asked the rep 3 times, you are sure it covers the Treo 650 and she said yes.

water damage is one of the main things that lockline covers.

i would call lockline.

sometimes you just get a CSR at ATT that doesn't want to do their job.
  9.    #9  
    I'll call this morning and post my results.