1.    #1  
    I'm tempted by the concept of DateBk5, Agendus, etc., as cool looking, more feature rich Datebook/Calendar/ToDo/Memo, etc. apps for my Treo 650. But I hear mixed reviews, ranging from 'don't bother...only will crap up the 650...takes up precious memory...no useful advantages', to 'love the added features, takes advantage of great 650 screen, it's the one add-on app all should buy... So thought I'd ask for your perspective, especially those that have loaded one of these apps on a 650.

Thanks in advance!

Anthony in SF
    I'm more than happy with mine! I came from a Sony TG50, and never used more than half of the features.

I'll repeat the same thing I've been repeating for the past 20 years when I see people rush out to customize immediately: get to know the device front to back as it is delivered and see how it meets your actual needs over the course of a month or two BEFORE customizing, which also costs money! Only then can you truly make a wise choice.

Tom
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Datebk5 is awesome. I've used datebk3,4 now 5 on a variety of different palm devices. really a fantastic program with lots of added features.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySF
    I'm tempted by the concept of DateBk5, Agendus, etc., as cool looking, more feature rich Datebook/Calendar/ToDo/Memo, etc. apps for my Treo 650. But I hear mixed reviews, ranging from 'don't bother...only will crap up the 650...takes up precious memory...no useful advantages', to 'love the added features, takes advantage of great 650 screen, it's the one add-on app all should buy... So thought I'd ask for your perspective, especially those that have loaded one of these apps on a 650.

Thanks in advance!

Anthony in SF
    I use Agendus extensively. How useful it is to you depends on the extent to how much you use and rely on those apps you mentioned. In Agendus, things like contact history, different calendar views, icons, and contact linking I find very useful. You may also want to try 2 freeware apps that offer additional functionality over the standard apps: a5 and KsDatebook/KsToDo. For many people one of these two applications more than fit their needs.
    Datebk5 is almost TOO much, but I find it much more useful than the built in calendar. There are a couple of places where I think support of the 5-way is awkward, but it's alarm features, floating events, multiple views, and other features make it worthwhile to me. I probably don't use 20% of its capabilities, but what I do use is worth the money. Haven't tried the others. But all, or at least almost all, have a free trial. So try it/them yourself and see.

(First, I'd suggest loading a free trial of an uninstaller, so if you don't like a program you can be sure you're getting rid of all of it.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I like it!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey