Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have spent the last three hours trying to find the Old Style Phone ringtone for the 650. Does this ringtone exist? Can someone point me in the right direction. I would rather not use an mp3 ringtone for this since I do not want to buy Ptunes and a ringtone app just to play this one ringtone.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hang on for a sec.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Here you go. Change the file ext. to ".mid"
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4.    #4  
    Oh my god... when you look up "Who is the man" in the dictonary your picture appears. Thanks a lot
    Well...now I know there is somebody besides my fiance that actually uses that ring she got me to load it up on my old Sony P800..I believe it was one of the default rings that came with that phone
  6.    #6  
    I have used this ringtone on all of my phones for the past few years. Its simple and classic.
    I can't seem to save the file as .MID, or change it from PRC once I've downloaded it.
    make sure on your windows os (which im assuming what you are using) you have show file extensions turned on....once you download the .prc file...locate it...push f2...and then erase the .prc and type in .mid...done and done
    Yep, thanks.
    Hey - thanks for this, but when i try to put the midi file on my treo, it says "no application supports this type of file" - How do i actually get the file on my phone? Thanks and sorry for the noob question!
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    How are you trying to install? Did you change the exstension to ".mid"?
    yeah, I changed the extension - I am using the palmOne Quick installer.

(another side noob ? : Are there OTHER ways to install rather than the quick installer???)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1

(another side noob ? : Are there OTHER ways to install rather than the quick installer???)

I emailed it to myself and installed from Snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Here you go. Change the file ext. to ".mid"
    Was this originally a mp3 file? How did you convert whatever the native file was into a *.prc file? The reason I ask is I have some mp3 files that were converted to *.pdb files for my old Kyocera 7135. I tried renaming them to *.mid and install them but they did not work.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boinker
    Was this originally a mp3 file? How did you convert whatever the native file was into a *.prc file? The reason I ask is I have some mp3 files that were converted to *.pdb files for my old Kyocera 7135. I tried renaming them to *.mid and install them but they did not work.
    Mine started out as .mid file. The reason for yours not working is that it is a mp3 at heart .
    Thanks, dare I even ask if there is a way to convert *.mp3's to a ringer on this phone?
    Hey - thanks for this, but when i try to put the midi file on my treo, it says "no application supports this type of file" - How do i actually get the file on my phone? Thanks and sorry for the noob question!
    This should do the trick for installing .mid ringtones into your Treo ringtone list directly from your SD card... (it's a cut and paste from another thread.)

Here are instructions that were sent to me. I had the exact same situation with several ringtones on my card and no way to have them uploaded to the mysterious ringtone database. Received the following instructions and as long as you know the file structure, it will work.

Here goes: "Use this method to install a midi file from the SD card.
    - Copy the .mid file to your SD card.
    - In Blazer, you should be able to enter the URL, file:///path/to/file.mid - For example:
    File not in a directory: file:///file.mid
    File in a directory: file:///dir/file.mid
    File in a subdirectory: file:///dir1/dir2/file.mid
    - Then just choose save, you can rename the tone if you like.

The new tone will now be available in the Treo 600 ringtones database." Hope it helps. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Boinker
    Thanks, dare I even ask if there is a way to convert *.mp3's to a ringer on this phone?
    You just need a good mp3-to-midi converter, so do a Google search for "mp3tomidi" or "mp32midi" or something along those lines. I've seen such things out there, but haven't used them, so I can't recommend any.

Alternatively, you can get one of the Palm utils that allows you to use mp3's directly as ringtones. I've avoided using these, though, because they tend to cause a delay in receiving calls (the mp3 player has to be started, then told to open the mp3 ringer), and they can interfere with the dialing info screen in some cases as well.

The easiest way (provided you have Sprint) is to send it to your phone via the internet:

http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/

You will receive an SMS with the link for download...click on it, it downloads.

Once you click on it it will ask you if you want to save it. Click yes and it saves to your sounds folder. From there, you can assign it to whatever you want.

No syncing, emailing, etc. necessary. I use this all the time. It's so convenient.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast