1.    #1  
    I did a few searches and couldn't find anything on this.

The 128mb card I got from P1 seems to work fine in my Treo but when I attempt to add files to it via my card reader I am told that the card is write-protected. Is anyone else having this problem? Could this be due to the fact that there is no "lock" switch on the card? Would filing the card to have the same form as lockable card in the unlock position remedy this? If so, how deep can/should I file?

Or is my card defective?

Thanks,
    Dave
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    So they not only send out a cheap low capacity SD card, but they also pick one without a write protect lock tab? Way to go PalmOne. I bet this one cost them 50 cents bulk, cuz no one buys a 128 mb SD anymore, let alone one with no locking tab.
    I haven't even opened mine yet.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    It appears indeed that they are sending out sd cards without the write-protect tab, so that you can not write to it from the computer. You can write to it from the Treo, since it appears that the Treo does not respect the write protect hardware.

Does anyone know of a Windows utility for the PC that ignores the write-protected status?

The card is pretty useless otherwise.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    It appears indeed that they are sending out sd cards without the write-protect tab, so that you can not write to it from the computer. You can write to it from the Treo, since it appears that the Treo does not respect the write protect hardware.

Does anyone know of a Windows utility for the PC that ignores the write-protected status?

The card is pretty useless otherwise.....
    that's not true. i'm able to write to the card (128mb from palmone) from the computer via card reader.
    i am able to write to my sd card via my card reader on my computer also. havent had one problem with it, i notice that there is a notch but no switch.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Apparently, they must be sending out two version of the SD card. My card has no notch at all. See the fiirst msg on this thread. You card must be a different one, since you say that you do have a notch. I wonder if they will exchange it... but since it is so small... it almost is not worth the postage.......
    i got the one without the write-protection tab.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Mine has the notch & I can write to it via the built card reader on my notebook. No problems at all.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    I notice that "cheap low capacity card" (scored 712 in Sprint 650) still holds the No. 1 spot in performance trouncing the notable Sandisk Ultra II (average score of 4 Scandisk cards was 576) by 23 % at least in CDMA.

http://heller.ca/cgi-local/palm/card...detail=compact

Interestingly enough the Ultra II beats the PalmOne SD card 437 to 379 (15%) on GSM model. Wonder why same card is twice as fast on Sprint ?

And BTW, mine has the notch. Lowest price I have found was $25, delivered.