Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would be very thankful if you could comment on the list of things i am going to get, or have gotten for my treo 650, and things i was going to get but dropped:

Hardware/Accessories:
    Treo 650 unit - duh ordered
    Jabra BT 200 headset - I am happy with it, and I dont like to drive and talk anyways
    3COM Ver 2 USB Adapter - i will use it to sync on my laptop...hopefully i will get it to work, or i could use IR, again if i could get it to work.
    Vaja ivolution case - ordered
    Boxwave clear touch screen protectors - when i got my treo 600, i bought a three pack of Martin Fields (1st, and i didnt like them) then a 3 pack of Boxwave's cleartouch...they rock
    An additional A/C adapter: At compusmart, or basically anywhere, they are selling charges for the T5 and sync cables. If i am not mistaken the T5 and Treo 650 both have the same heads right, thus a product marketed for T5 in terms of syncing and charging should work right? I asked this in the accessories forum but no one got back to me

Programs:
    Butler - own it already, dunno if i will install it
    Snappermail - hopefully i wont have to install it, versamail sounds cool
    Bejewled 2 - got
    PowerRUN - got
    CardSuite - got
    Lightwav - got
    pocket tunes - now is it true the copy that palmone gave out will not work on the treo 650...and if it wont work, im assuming i cant use realplayer for mp3 ringtones, what app then?
    verichat - got
    treoon/off - maybe
    TreoGuard - ive heard you guys say that this is perfect, and basically a necessity
    A replacement to the Calendar: Ive heard about Agendus, but what do you guys recommend
    Uninstaller - i need an uninstaller. People have said its good to have one, as if you use the delete menu it leaves crud behind
    Apps from the palmone cd; handmark solitaire, doc2go

Canceled projects;
    1. video on treo; if i really want video to go, i will invest in a new irver; plus the costs (imo) to set up such a venture is great, and well if i really want it on it, i will wait a little
    2. music on treo - i have iriver, an ipod...im covered in that area
    3. Stylus replacement - cross sells something called the MicroPen http://www.cross.com/Catalog/PenDeta...C93F9B6ED48EF5 and for a while it was shown on the canadian website to be compatible, well it got pulled from there. Needless to say, i hear the treo 650 stylus is purdy
    4. Third party charger - when it comes to electrical stuff, oem or bust
    5. Third party sync cable - when i travel with my laptop, ill sync via BT or IR (when i figure out how)
    6. Card reader - my laptop has a SD reader built in..i can transfer the stuff over the wifi at my house, and well im not putting anything big on it anyways.
    7. A new SD - my sandisk U2 512 is fine for me...i may change my mind but pretty much certain
    8. A new BT Dongle - the 3com one is good with me
    9. A new BT headset - naw i barely use it anyways, and well im waiting for the Jabra BT500 LOL.

------------------

Okay ladies and germs, that is the method to my madness. I really appreciate if you could comment on this please, no matter what it may be hehehe

Much appreciated guys
    Hardware/Accessories:

Vaja ivolution case - ordered
    Mine is on it's way... DarkBlue/Black no clip
    Boxwave clear touch screen protectors - when i got my treo 600, i bought a three pack of Martin Fields (1st, and i didnt like them) then a 3 pack of Boxwave's cleartouch...they rock
    I got the ones at TC. Not bad.
    An additional A/C adapter: At compusmart, or basically anywhere, they are selling charges for the T5 and sync cables. If i am not mistaken the T5 and Treo 650 both have the same heads right, thus a product marketed for T5 in terms of syncing and charging should work right? I asked this in the accessories forum but no one got back to me
    Confirmed for power only. I don't know about syncing. I would think cable types would be compatible but not docks/cradles.

Programs:
    Butler - own it already, dunno if i will install it
    This one is on the never list for me
    A replacement to the Calendar: Ive heard about Agendus, but what do you guys recommend
    Agendus is great once you figure out how to make it stable!

4. Third party charger - when it comes to electrical stuff, oem or bust
    You are pretty safe with Car chargers, I have both an OEM and third party. No real dif.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Replacement for the calendar? If you want to preserve the database for the calendar, you could go with Datebook 5.

What you do all depends on WHY you want to replace the calendar program.
    Last edited by westronic; 02/09/2005 at 02:47 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Ohmster, i cant wait to show pictures of my custom vaja case

westronic, the reason is...cause In all honesty, no reason, just thought it would be cool to try something else...
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ...westronic, the reason is...cause In all honesty, no reason, just thought it would be cool to try something else...
    It's been a long time since I could spend money just to try something because it's different or "cool." Must be nice...

Heck, I'm only going to get a Treo becasue I'm desperate to have a real PDA and phone combined into one unit - I might not even get a data plan, I haven't decided on that, yet.

The form factor and features finally caught up to what I want. Now I will be able to go back to a Palm device - oh, happy days...
    Butler offers very important features for me, but make sure you download the latest version. Older ones are definitely buggy on the 650. Actually, the new one may be a little buggy to, but the developer is working on it.

I tried Versamail, and hated it. It may be okay if you only have one email account, but if you need to use several it's pretty bad, IMHO. I ended up re-installing Snapper from my 600.

You can upgrade from the free treo600 version of Ptunes to the latest "basic" version for $10. I don't think you can find another solution to using mp3s any cheaper.

Yeah, I'd call TreoGuard pretty much a necessity if you use a case or carry the treo in your pocket.

I use Datebk5 as my calendar tool. Give the free tiral a try and see if it suits you. Be prepared to spend a little time with the documentation, though. It's got an amazing number of features.

I also find keycaps600 to b indispensible, and it's free. You'll probably want a file manager, and FileZ is good and free.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    If you use Butler... doesn't it have a feature that disables the buttons from answering calls like TreoGuard? Or is TreoGuard the tried, true and only method to do this?
    I jsut installed treogaurd- Why do people think it is a necessity? I like having my screen available during calls to toggle speaker phone - what else is a must have feature of TG?
    Add "Check bank account to make sure I can still pay rent/mortgage"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Add "Check bank account to make sure I can still pay rent/mortgage"
    Where are your priorities? Seriously... rent/mortgage are way down the list.

I mean "Once I get a Treo 650... I have to get Treo 650 accessories... Treo 650 clothes... Treo 650 friends... various oils... and maybe grow a mustache!"
    Anything for a fellow Canuck....

[QUOTE=hofo_mofo]Thanks Ohmster, i cant wait to show pictures of my custom vaja case
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1
    I jsut installed treogaurd- Why do people think it is a necessity? I like having my screen available during calls to toggle speaker phone - what else is a must have feature of TG?
    steelers1,

Just FYI, TreoGuard allows you to have the screen off and toggle the speakerphone at the same time. On the 'Keys' screen, select the 'Actions' button and set one of your four hardware buttons to toggle the speakerphone by assigning it the 'Toggle Speaker' action. You can also set the other buttons to toggle mute on/off or adjust the volume up/down... all with the screen still off.

I consider TreoGuard's essential features to be those that help save your battery. Those would include the ability to turn off the screen and schedule the radio to turn on/off when you want it to. Of course, depending upon how you carry your Treo, the ability to prevent key presses from affecting calls may also be a necessity.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  13.    #13  
    okeydokey yeah i wont do anything about the contacts/calendar program

but i did just install treoguard (amazing) keycaps (man this is what i have been looking for, for a while), and zlauncher...installed it with ZLTreo theme

all i need now is a good uninstaller program...

oh yeah guys i really appreciate the help
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Need you guys again:

Choose:

Uninstall Manager 2.62
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=46248

or

CleanUninstaller
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/426

uninstall manager has been very solid on the 650 and has been update for that reason
    Another vote for Uninstall manager
  16.    #19  
    zlauncher is cool, but it may not be for me...and well the only reason i have zlauncher (which i now unistalled) is for the signal strength DB Metre...is there an app out there that just does that?...show the signal strength and such?

im pretty sure it doesnt exist...still...but i just want to make sure
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I know the stylus is on your cancelled projects list, but I highly recommend Palmone's Pen Stylus. It looks and feels exactly like the standard stylus, but includes a pen for those moments you need it. Besides, at 3 for $10, it's cheap!

http://store.treocentral.com/content...16-44--114.htm
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast