1.    #1  
    I know the whole issue of cases has been discussed to death, but I may have a new wrinkle...

After drooling over my T600 for a while, my wife just got her T650. Hooray for her (however I'm very bitter). Anyway, I'd like to ask the women out there in TC land what case (besides a hard case) they think works best and provides good protection for being able to just "throw your Treo into your purse and go."

Long time lurker...first time poster.
    Being a guy there may be "purse issues" I'm not aware of, but I'd think a screen protector (like boxwave or the like) would be all you need. Just toss it in the purse, no?

ChickenHawk
    I got the Sena case for this reason. the flap stays closed and stray items cant poke the screen like with all the other cases I had... When you have tweezers, a pen, eyeliner, etc in your purse a paldry screen protector doesnt protect the Treo at ALL. Get her a flip case! Sena is a winner for me... There are other flip cases, you can have a gander at through the treocentral store for a selection.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Sometimes it's just simpler to be a guy!

ChickenHawk

PS- I can do my hair in the morning in about 30 seconds!
    WOW! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    PS- I can do my hair in the morning in about 30 seconds!

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I would also recommend a flip case. However, I'd point you to the Vaja flip case. I've used them for all my PDAs. They are beautiful, protective, and of high quality. See the PA31 and PA32 "Classic" cases here: http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html
    My wife likes the flip case for the reasons mentioned above.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I love my Krusell case (not a flap - the zip around one). It's completely protected so I don't worry when it falls to the bottom of my purse.
    I have the zip-around Krusell case and althought it does protect the phone 100% it impeded use of the touchscreen ALOT and in a purse with varying objects a layer of plastic still doesnt protect a much as a case with 3-4 layers of leather like in a flip. And if you add the mirror in the flip part that Sena offers it protects even better.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I did not choose a flip or zipper style because of quick access issues. I keep my open case in my purse and have no problems with it. It has a plastic cover for the key panel and I use a screen protector (I cut out the plastic over the lcd screen, didn't like it there).

This is the case I use right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...749309042&rd=1

I just ordered this case the other day from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...162533107&rd=1

P.S. Princess, you got me curious when I read about the mirror option in the Sena case (lol) so I did a search: (didn't see the option though).

http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=315

The Sena flip case brings up a couple of questions to mind: would you have to remove the phone from the case to sync and would the 600 Sena case fit the 650?
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/10/2005 at 05:48 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I've got the piel frama flip case and I love it. I get it particularly because the clip is completely removable without a dimple on the back of the case, so when I want to carry it in my bag or purse, I can, or I can convert it to a belt-clip style when I'm feeling geeky. The case is very well made.
    The mirror is there... and its compatible with the 650 Case I have, as well even though they dont say it is. http://www.senacases.com/cart/produc...cat=251&page=1
    http://www.senacases.com/cart/files/d_106.jpg

It slides into the Credit Card slot on almost all of the SENA cases...

I don't remove my case to sync via cable. As for the 600 case, I doubt it would fit the 650, there is the extra side button on the 650 that is not present on the 600. The 650 case CAN work with the 600 though, but you would have to request they cut out a mic hole for the back.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    P.S. Princess, you got me curious when I read about the mirror option in the Sena case (lol) so I did a search: (didn't see the option though).

http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=315

The Sena flip case brings up a couple of questions to mind: would you have to remove the phone from the case to sync and would the 600 Sena case fit the 650?

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  13.    #13  
    Just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who answered my call for help. Still deciding between the Krusell Classic (which looks great but leaves the camera lens vulnerable) and something else.
    I just had to add my solution as an option: I am using a iPod slip case. Designed for the 20-40 MB iPods, it fits great. The width is perfect and the length allows for the flashing phone light to just barely be visible, while protecting the camera lens on the other side.

I read about it on another TC post and tried it out. I'm happy with it.
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    The mirror is there... and its compatible with the 650 Case I have, as well even though they dont say it is.
    It slides into the Credit Card slot on almost all of the SENA cases...
    I'm laughing so hard I can't type this reply maybe later. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I'm laughing so hard I can't type this reply maybe later. lol
    C'mon now, you can't expect a Princess to not primp herself every once in awhile.

ps. that's PRIMP
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I use the old Handspring neoprene case and attach it to one of the straps on my purse for when I want to toss my Treo in the purse. I don't have to worry about digging for it then, and it works like all the purses you now buy with cell phone cases already attached to the outside.
    Hi CaptCiak, a lot of purses these days have separate pockets for cell phones/pdas. I keep my Treo 650 in its own pocket in my purse. I recommend the Krusell Classic for its low profile. It comes in two versions, one with plastic covering the display, and one with no plastic covering.

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/16045884-M-1.jpg

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Vaja T66! :-)
    The Krussell classic case is great, too.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I have a palm one fitted case but just ordered a krusell. when my treo is in my purse I put it into a padded digital camera case just big enough to fit it. I know it's probably a little extrerme. I really baby my treo. lol