1.    #1  
    It spontaneously restarted even before I managed to get the phone part turned on. Basically it has been downhill from there with as many as 3 freezes ain the last hour.

OK, it's Wednesday. Got my Cingular Treo 650 on Monday. Replacement requested this morning.

Cingular says 5 to 7 business days and since my purchase involved an upgrade from AT&T Wireless to Cingular, I can't even step back to my old handset.

Here is my chronology. Did I do anything wrong?

I carefully followed the "upgrade" instructions to move from my Tungsten T3 by renaming my Backup folder to BackupOld. I added the eReader Pro 2.5.3 application from eReader.com and used dbScan to check and fix my calendar entries.

The only other files that I have added to my Tree were the eReader books, which I placed on my 64mb SD card.

For an hour the extra foam on the battery seemed to help.

Is there simply a huge quality issue here?

David
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I am willing to bet that you have an app or apps that are not playing nicely on your 650. I had similar issues after I upgraded from my Treo 600. Since I had transferred numerous apps fowlling palmones "upgrade" instructions, I had no way of knowing what the culprit or culprits were. I ended up doing a hard reset and loading all of my apps one by one until I weeded out all non-compatible apps.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Should all people who purchase a Treo650 become software savvy to be able to use their devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Should all people who purchase a Treo650 become software savvy to be able to use their devices?
    just the ones who install 3rd party software. As savvy as they are when installing software on Windows.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I may do a hard reset and reload. I should point out that the app that I installed was the Pro version of eReader (latest version from the web site). Regular eReader comes on the CD.
  6.    #6  
    How do I do the reload with no old files? Do I carefully save my DTaylor folder under Palm, then uninstall and remove the Palm folder? Can I then sync to a new David Taylor and open and reload JUST my contacts, memos, todos and datebook?
    You most likely do not need a replacement, I hade the same kind of problems you did coming from a tungsten t3. I figured out that it was apps from my t3 that were causing constant resets on my 650. I installed apps 1 by 1, and made sure they worked right and did not cause a reset. I got my treo last tuesday. I have not had a reset since maybe this past friday. Now everything is running fine, no resets at all.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    You most likely do not need a replacement, I hade the same kind of problems you did coming from a tungsten t3. I figured out that it was apps from my t3 that were causing constant resets on my 650. I installed apps 1 by 1, and made sure they worked right and did not cause a reset. I got my treo last tuesday. I have not had a reset since maybe this past friday. Now everything is running fine, no resets at all.
    Just did a hard reset, formatted my SD card and a complete uninstall of Palm desktop. Then I deleted the Palm directory remnants under Program Files.

Next I installed the Palm Desktop fresh and added the eReader app from the CD installer. Fired up my Treo and synced.

Then I imported my saved .??a files for contacts, datebook, todos and memos.

Everything seemed to be OK for 20 minutes.

Added Versamail settings for my GMail account and the Treo froze getting emails.

Is Versamail the bad guy?

David