Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to set a button to simply wake up the unit after the screen goes black?

For instance, if a site is taking a while to load in blazer I might set it down. Once the site finishes it will very quickly go to a blank screen requiring me to hit the phone app button to wake the unit up. When I do that i'll usually see blazer come up for a split second, then the phone app loads. Then I have to go back into blazer and reload the site from cache.

Is there a simple way to set, say, that unused button on the left side to wake the unit up so I don't have to go through this?

-BT
    Try the red phone button...
    Funny
    yeah the red phone button on the right will wake it up for you without going into the phone app.
    Yep, red button.
    Yup, try the red phone button.

LOL!
    I heard the red phone button works....
    In a related question so as not to waste this thread: how come the red button many (most?) times needs to be pushed twice to wake up the phone? Does anybody else have this problem?
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    I've noticed the same thing about the red button. Maybe I'm not holding it down long enough.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by danjb
    In a related question so as not to waste this thread: how come the red button many (most?) times needs to be pushed twice to wake up the phone? Does anybody else have this problem?

I have had that problem after I plug in a headset. I have learned to turn on the screen and then plug in my headset.
    how come the red button many (most?) times needs to be pushed twice to wake up the phone?
    The Treo is probably doing some sort of database housekeeping or caching something from RAM to the filesystem and doesn't respond until it's done.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The Treo is probably doing some sort of database housekeeping or caching something from RAM to the filesystem and doesn't respond until it's done.
    Technically, it never responds from a single button push when this happens. It doesn't matter if you push for a long period of time or push hard, or wait 30 seconds after pushing for the Treo to wake up. When this problem happens (and it seems to be random... maybe it is when I use headphones, I had never thought to check that), a single push will not wake up the phone. It always takes two pushes. It's like the first push wakes up the Treo from a deep sleep, but doesn't turn on the screen. The second push actually does something...
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Maybe because it's right next to the P key of doom??

I actually haven't had any problems with my red phone button. My screen always come up with one press. Could it be a software conflict? I'm curious to know if a hard reset would resolve the issue?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I just set my phone to to wait longer to goto sleep. If I can remember it waits for 3 minutes now. Now I never have to wake it up
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Kinda seems like it ignores keystrokes right after you put the phone to sleep (including the other 3 main keys. But after its been asleep a while, mine responds after one push.

BigTrouble77 - don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure out the same thing.

I came from a Treo 300, did you? the change in functionality is what confused me.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
  17.    #17  
    I guess that's what I get for not reading the manual. Can you believe I've been using the 650 for over a month now not knowing that? This is a life changing moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    BigTrouble77 - don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure out the same thing.

I came from a Treo 300, did you? the change in functionality is what confused me.
    I do find it hard to believe! What on earth did you think the red button was for then?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuen
    I do find it hard to believe! What on earth did you think the red button was for then?
    green = call or ON
    red = disconnect or OFF

it just makes sense. I'm sure we're not the only ones caught in this recursive logic trap.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
  20.    #20  
    Exactly.

Maybe if I try that up down left right B A select start combo the device will become immune to restarts. Seems only logical at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    green = call or ON
    red = disconnect or OFF

it just makes sense. I'm sure we're not the only ones caught in this recursive logic trap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast