Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Where'd you find that?
    I wish I could remember, I have looked at so many different places off line and online for Treo parts and goodies that I can hardly remember where I got them from. I got this for my Treo 600 and it is a VERY good design for the Treo series although it was originally meant to be a "universal" type of setup.
    I have detailed files.
    As FYI, my extra car kit mentioned above is now Sold. Thanks.
    I have detailed files.
    Here is a photo of my Treo 600 in it's Krussell case mounted in my
    Lexus RX 330 using the Radio Shack universal cell phone handsfree kit. It works great and the Treo is secure using the belt clip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #24  
    I wanted a mount that projected from the cigarette lighter and would allow me to charge at the same time. THis is it. It says it can be used for T300, T600. I have a 650, so I'm going to call and see if the power adapter is adequate for it. Let me know if anyone has tried one of these.

http://www.gomadic.com/hatrlimopopd.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/gomadic-new_1824_1509765
  5.    #25  
    Check it out... (Double click the pics to enlarge)

http://www.gomadic.com/carlipdamopi.html
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    That's what I'm talkin' about!

Now, that extra "GPS" connector looks like some sorta serial cable connect, yeah?

Can't wait for the 650 version; let us know if they do have one in the works (though admittedly, they could hone their industrial design just a tad, IMHO.)

Why is it the 600 has a different power cable; Palm is so…
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmarket
    I wanted a mount that projected from the cigarette lighter and would allow me to charge at the same time. THis is it. It says it can be used for T300, T600. I have a 650, so I'm going to call and see if the power adapter is adequate for it. Let me know if anyone has tried one of these.

http://www.gomadic.com/hatrlimopopd.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/gomadic-new_1824_1509765

Please keep us updated, the built-in power supply is a great feature...
    1 | 2
  8.    #28  
    Received email today from Gomadic with regard to a model that supports the T650:

It doesn't support the 650 yet, however, we will begin offering support for the 650 by the beginning of March!

Thanks!
    Gomadic

Keep hope alive!
    Couldn't find one commercially that would accept a skin case and use the weight of the Treo 650 to maintain the connection to the charger (the slightest force will pull the car charger plug out of the socket). So I made one...

My wife's Treo 600 mount was a little easier, since I had a (cheap) commercial cradle I could hack...
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02/16/2005 at 05:46 PM.
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say I ordered one of these for $10 shipped from eforcity:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

(That's the auction I won.)

And it's very nice for the price. No problems whatsoever with the vent mount and I have my 650 in the Innopocket aluminum case. I haven't tried the suction cup yet, but it feels very sturdy.
    I'm all for simplicity - I use a $5 self-adhesive mount from napa. It's attached to my rear view mirror off to one side. With my t600 in the vaja case with button, it just hangs on the mount ; I plug in an extension for the headset and charger if needed. That's it and it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Please keep us updated, the built-in power supply is a great feature...
    I don't see how the T650 could be charged...would anything stick into the charge port on the bottom?
    Seidio offers G2100S car kit at $49.95

It is Treo 650 specific, it can hold and charge Treo 650. It is GPS ready (you can plug the wired GPS receiver directly onto the cradle. It is sleek and compact.
    You can also charge BT receiver or BT headset from the cradle with an optional charge cable.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CK4AG21TR650
    At Target I found a cigarette lighter dual-output jack. It's actually not a bad solution, however in my case it pulled the original jack out of the dash (I'm still using the power connections, but am temporarily using some cheap vent clips). Only 10 bucks or something -- would definitely recommend it if your lighter socket can take it.

I am still looking for the right solution. I tried the Seidio but wasn't too pleased -- for one thing I wouldn't really want to press the Treo into that coupling unless it felt completely solid and perfect, and it didn't really. For another thing, unless you buy the unit with the speaker it's pretty useless.

I suppose I might spring for the ProClips at this point, get my lighter fixed, and continue to use the dual power-connection. But I'm thinking of pulling into a car-sound place and offering them a couple hundred bucks to bolt something permanent onto my dash. Er, anyone know of a reputable car-stereo installer on the Alabama/Florida gulf coast???
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have a 1 inch round magnet I bought at Walmart for $1.99 and stuck it the dash board. Works great. I can see the screen and reach the keys without any trouble. In fact I got a second one to prop the Treo up next to my office phone.

I've been using them for over a year now, and have never had any trouble with the Treo.
    i use a $7 vent cellphone holder from Target (yes Target, the store with the red bullseye)...it clips into the vents nice and snug and doesn't really prevent any hot/cold air from coming out. I put it on the vent to the left of my steering wheel and it holds the treo 650 beautifuly (kind of like a clamp that grips the sides of the treo with a button to release (i just take it in and out without releasing the button). Best of all, no drilling or installation, you can take it out whenever....couldn't ask for a better mount kit and for only $7! I recommend at least trying one of these cellphone mounts before spending $$$....
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Gum
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I had the ProClip for my T|3 and it's really worth the money. All those windshield mounts are so bulky and I don't like something attached to the windshield. The ProClip is very elegant (and expensive...) , I think I'll also get one for the Treo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12