Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi.. Just installed LW 5.1 after removing 5.0. Now, when I go into LW and change settings, then leave LW, my phone resets. I don't even have to change anything in LW, as soon as I go to Lightwave and then leave, my phone resets. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.
    I have found toysoft's software to be the buggiest of any serious palm developers. They release software that should be in beta.

Ask around, you'll get the same opinion for the most part.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I would definitley agree with Tony, but did you disable lightwave in prefs before upgrading?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Gotta add my two cents...Toysoft software is buggy, their support is unsatisfactory and their presence in the forums is only to pursue further sales without regard to current customer satisfaction.

Now, I wanted to say that differently, much differently, but I will try to remain gracious and dignified.

BTW, I am a registered user of two of their softwares and have given up on them completely.

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I'm troubleshooting the same problem now. If I have only Lightwav running and leave the Audio player selection to wavPlayer it is happy. As soon as I choose either PocketTunes or AeroPlayer (i have the demo for both) it will crash when I leave LightWav. It would seem my solution, for now, is to convert snips of my mp3's into wav files.

Any other workarounds I havne't thought of?

dan finn
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    ... If I have only Lightwav running and leave the Audio player selection to wavPlayer it is happy. As soon as I choose either PocketTunes or AeroPlayer (i have the demo for both) it will crash when I leave LightWav.
    dan finn
    My experience, to the letter. I even went so far as to download and install AeroPlayer, to use it instead of PTunes. Same result. Determined, I tried it on a clean T600-- wouldn't even accept sound assignments. And, of course, still resets up the wazoo. Then I went and read their release notes-- always, the fix is coming in "the next release". But I am grateful to "ToySoft" for one thing: I've learned a new synonym for uh, shall we say, "Donkey Dust".

BTW, as for the above comment about "beta" software, I beg to differ. What's the release called that comes before alpha?
    I guess I've been lucky with Toysoft, but they never send me the updated versions, aren't they free upgrades? Where do I get these free upgrades? Why do we have to go to them, for the upgrades?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    My advice to treo users has always been to stay away from their software. They often use these boards to "announce" new releases. Their software is usually problematic at best, and unstable at worst.

Toysoft apps are use at your own risk.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    O.K. now i'm mad! I just got Lightwave 5.1 from Toysoft & guess what? The same thing, it re-sets when I leave the program! Even KoolAlarms too! I guess I go back to 5.0, I had no problems then....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    as I am only a week old to the Treo world, where could I be getting a copy of the 5.0 version. It sounds like I may want to get that until the 5.1 firms up a little.

dan finn
    5.x has been pretty stable (comparatively) on my Treo (Verizon 600 CDMA).

I haven't really been configuring LightWav too much, or using it to it's fullest capabilities. I'm just using known & unknown ringers converted as internal mp3s, so maybe when I add a bunch of custom ringers, I'll see the reset issue.

It's just too bad that other apps (Phone Technician) don't offer the ability to play internal mp3s...as I tend to agree with the above statements regarding Toysoft. I use LightWav out of necessity, not because I particularly like it over the others...just the only one that does what I need at the moment (either play internal mp3 or default to an internal midi if the card is missing/ejected).
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    It has been very stable on my Verizon 600 as well. Which phone and versions of Pocket Tunes were you all using. Perhaps is a particular combination that causes the resets. Of course you all should be logging bug reports to smiley (Danny from Toysoft), so that he can work on fixing it.
    I gave up on Lightwav back in the 3.x days on my GSM 600. When I got my GSM 650, I thought I would give it another shot with 5.1. I installed 5.1 new on my 650 with no previous versions of Lightwav installed and it hasn't caused any problems to date. However, I'm only using it lightly, for known and unknown caller ringtones...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    OK, i'm sure this is user error but... I've got LightWav 5.1 installed, i've got pockettunes installed but why can't i see any of my MP3's in lightwav? they are stored in the Audio folder on my SD card and PT can see them.

No crashing with 5.1......yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    OK, i'm sure this is user error but... I've got LightWav 5.1 installed, i've got pockettunes installed but why can't i see any of my MP3's in lightwav? they are stored in the Audio folder on my SD card and PT can see them.

No crashing with 5.1......yet.
    In Sound Preferences within Lightwav, what is listed as your ringtones folder?

the folder is set to /AUDIO (yes i do have MP3's in the folder)
    Just figured it out. RealPlayer was set to the default MP3 Player. When i changed that to LightWav, everything is fine.
    Cool.

After emails last night between me & Toysoft, they found the bug. They said they would release an update in a few days, to keep checking their website for it & download it.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I've been in contact with them as well and have tried several test versions and the issue is not solved yet. They are working on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast