1.    #1  
    I have just bought Pocket DVD Studio and MMplayer. I can sucessfully rip a DVD to my Treo and play it. Has anyone had any experience with battery life on the Treo 600?
    I haven't done any benchmarking, but would roughly estimate it at 25%/hour with the phone on. You should easily be able to get a 2-3 hour movie on a full charge with some leftover.
    I find that watching a 2 hour movie only burns maybe 20% of the battery.
    I watched the Alamo last night on my T600. The battery was around 70% by "the end"...

I didn't realize the Mexican officers were going to be speaking in Spanish... too bad the subtitles were too small to read. I missed quite a bit of the movie because of that.
    same here.. im down to 75% or so after watchign a full movie in multiple parts. very respectable
    you guys can stand watching a movie on that screen?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Absolutely - especially when there is nothing bigger around. Train, car, walking, plane (instead of Shrek2 or whatever they are showing), waiting rooms, ...
    How big is the file for an average 2 hour movie?
    depends on the bitrate of the audio and video (all of which can be customized in kinoma producer). i get 30 minute shows down to 25-35 mb's. the stereo sound qualitiy can sitll be pushed down a bit because i honestly think it sounds perfect.

you can see slight pixaliation in the video but this isnt a HDTV... its a 2 inch screen and the quality is more than enough for watching movies and tv shows between my classes (2 hour wait this semester.. grr)
    Quote Originally Posted by skel924
    depends on the bitrate of the audio and video (all of which can be customized in kinoma producer). i get 30 minute shows down to 25-35 mb's.
    Can I use Kinoma Producer to rip my own DVDs?
    Quote Originally Posted by sumorai
    Can I use Kinoma Producer to rip my own DVDs?
    well i dont have a dvd-rom in my computer or id see... it says in the file box it supports these file types: *.3gp, *.asf, *.avi, *.dv, *.dvr-ms, *.m1v, *.m2v, *.mkv, *.mov, *.mp4, *.mpeg, *.mpg, *.ogm, *.qt, *.vob, *.wm, and *.wmv.

i remember seeing VOB files on DVD's, so its quite possible that you can right off the dvd. if not, you mayhave to copy it to the hard drive, or you may have to convert it to an mpeg first.

from their website:
    Use almost any digital movie as an input source, including unprotected MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MS-DVR, QuickTime, WMV, WMA, AVI, DV, DivX, MP3, AIFF, AU, and many other DirectShow compatible formats when DirectShow is present
    you could probably ask them from the website to be sure.
    You need run a DVD extractor program first before Kinoma will do the conversion.